Windows 10: Program icons not scaling properly

Discus and support Program icons not scaling properly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When using windows display scaling i persanaly use custom 133%, but the same applies to default values the icons on task bar is not scaled properly and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ЕгорСкворцов, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Program icons not scaling properly

When using windows display scaling i persanaly use custom 133%, but the same applies to default values the icons on task bar is not scaled properly and there is a gap betwen icons and bottom of the screen, with makes harder to press them. It't been like that as long as i use display scaling gazillion updates and patches ago, is there way to fix it already?!

Program icons not scaling properly 39d202d5-2d11-4b47-a139-f4791dec516d?upload=true.png

https://i.imgur.com/AIIYKe6.png

:)

ЕгорСкворцов, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

3. custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Program icons not scaling properly

Custom File Icons?

I've got a program that creates various file types; some of these are associated with the program and display its icon. Is it possible to keep the file association, but change the icons for some of the associated types so they stand out in a listing?

If so, then ideally I'd like to extract the icon from the exe, make three slightly different versions, and make these display (at all scales) for the three main file types. Any suggestions for tools to do this? I have Photoshop CS5.

nigelmercier, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Program icons not scaling properly

1. Program icons not scaling properly - Similar Threads - Program icons scaling

2. How to properly uninstall a program properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to properly uninstall a program properly: How to properly uninstall a program after I deleted it's folder, yet the program shows in programs and features. The same question in on how to uninstall office apps - when I press uninstall right on the app, it opens controll panel with programs and features and office nor...
  3. Help with Icons/Scaling issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Icons/Scaling issue?: [ATTACH] Started a new job at the company and now I have a Windows 10 computer. I'm not totally inept, but I run a Hackintosh at home and haven't been on a Windows system in some time. The computer that is assigned to me is an HP ZBook. Resolution is set to 1920 x 1080....
  4. Two-display setup, scaling not working properly

Two-display setup, scaling not working properly: I have two displays, one with 3840x2160 resolution(main one) and one with 2560x1080 resolution(secondary one). They are set to 150% scaling and 100% scaling respectively, so effectively my main display shows everything as if its resolution was 2560x1440. And here comes weird...
  5. Laptop Screen resolution not scaling properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Screen resolution not scaling properly: Hello. I'm not sure what I did. I think I might have hit an Hotkey. I'm not sure. Anyways. I have an MSI GE66. Fully updated windows, fully updated drivers. The 15" screen built in laptop monitor, it has a native 1920x1080 display setting. If I use that resolution the screen...
  6. Icon Images not scaling

Icon Images not scaling: I wanted to turn the size of my desktop icons larger, cause my desktop seemed a little small. But when I scale the icons to large, the images don't get larger, only the icon. A large white box appears around some of the icons and the pictures just stay small. It looks a...
  7. Icons don't display at their proper scales?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons don't display at their proper scales?: So you know the file/program icons on the taskbar, desktop, start menu, or in the file explorer? Ever noticed they don't always display properly? What I mean is, an .ico file contains multiple images at different resolutions so that the icon can be displayed at any scale and...
  8. ms-settings windows not scaling properly

in Windows 10 Support
    ms-settings windows not scaling properly: I have been having this issue for quite some time. I have changed display driver, scaling methods, windows display settings. The only way I have found to fix it is to revert scaling to 100% in windows display settings. I am using a 4k monitor. I also have issues with the...
  9. Icons not scaling correctly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons not scaling correctly.: This is driving me bananas. I spent a lot of time finding and manually applying each of these icons. They're all 256x256 or 512x512 ico files. Sometimes they'll be normal, then they'll switch to being small with the outline, then I go back later and they're normal again....
  10. Scale System UI without scaling non-windows programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Scale System UI without scaling non-windows programs: Hello all. Recently multiple programs (Google Chrome and Spotify for example) have started scaling accordingly to the windows scaling level (I have it at 125% because at 100% text is still readable, but annoyingly small). The problem I'm having with the programs mentioned...