Windows 10: "program" in startup applications with location "C:\Program" Files\Teams...

Discus and support "program" in startup applications with location "C:\Program" Files\Teams... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH] As shown above. I checked hidden files/directory under C: and there is none called "Program" I'm not sure if this is a Microsoft Teams... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by esizzle_23, May 24, 2020.

1. "program" in startup applications with location "C:\Program" Files\Teams...

"program" in startup applications with location "C:\Program" Files\Teams... 65dd883f-4c03-44aa-b034-ee7f284bd4a9?upload=true.png

As shown above.

I checked hidden files/directory under C: and there is none called "Program"

I'm not sure if this is a Microsoft Teams related program at this point or a malware/virus

Can anyone help me figure out what this is?

:)

esizzle_23, May 24, 2020

2. Startup Program "Program" from Deleted Application and Cannot Remove from List

I had uninstalled 2 programs that used to be startup applications, McAfee Safe Connect and SAO Utils Beta. The programs are gone from my Programs and Features panel, but are still listed under Startup as "Program". Their Task Manager
    command line arguments go as:

Code:
    "C:\Program" Files (x86)\McAfee Safe Connect\McAfee Safe Connect.exe
    and

Code:
    "C:\Program" Files\Studio GPBeta\SAO Utils\SAO Utils.exe -delay 1000
    This is different from other applications listed in the Task Manager as the quotes end after Program and not at the end of the path. Like Steam being:

Code:
    "E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -silent
    I cannot open the file location from Task Manager like other applications that are there and the folders that the applications are supposedly in are no longer there. They do not run as they no longer exist, so it isn't causing any
    performance issues, it's just annoying for it to be there.

How can I remove these applications from my startup list?

FallxnShadow, May 24, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    What is "Program" in taskmanager

Exactly, er was no program.exe and the "open file location" was greyed out.
    I was able to remove it with "Autoruns".
    After that I scanned with malwarebytes, no big problems found.

P4-630, May 24, 2020
  4. TRWOV Win User

"program" in startup applications with location "C:\Program" Files\Teams...

What is "Program" in taskmanager

I also have a "program" on my startup list but there's no program.exe or program anything on my drive and the "Open file location" option is grayed out.

I suppose it's just a descriptor. My best guess is that a uninstalled program didn't remove its entry from the startup list and Windows still tries to load it but since there's no actual file Windows can't show its metadata.

"program" in startup applications with location "C:\Program" Files\Teams... [​IMG]

EDIT: Woops.... sorry, didn't see that OP already solved the issue *Oops! "program" in startup applications with location "C:\Program" Files\Teams... :oops: Disregard my post

TRWOV, May 24, 2020
Thema:

"program" in startup applications with location "C:\Program" Files\Teams...

1. "program" in startup applications with location "C:\Program" Files\Teams... - Similar Threads - program startup applications

2. startup program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    startup program: Hello, How can I set chrome as my startup browser. It used to be under task manager under process and startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-program/2c04d635-5ff5-4273-b893-bf60a36cd991
  3. A startup program called "Program"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A startup program called "Program": I found startup program called "Program". I found this after installing some apps 1- Google chrome /2- Wondershare E-Draw Max why?father more:- within my other pc I found this and after restart the blue screen error occurred....
  4. Startup Program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Startup Program: I'd like to know what's this startup program if its a virus, I cant even open it's location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/startup-program/28b9ac5d-b1d0-4ed4-bbae-c65a93aaead1
  5. startup program for teams has " after c:\program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    startup program for teams has " after c:\program: its listen in command line in task manager as "c:\program" files\teams installer\treams.exe--checkinstall--source--proplus is this normal? I cant open file location or properties submitted by /u/emacsandvi [link] [comments]...
  6. Startup programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup programs: Hi, I disabled google AVG chrome from starting with windows but it starts anyways and when it starts It leads me to strange sites, I've got feeling that I've got virus in my computer. Is there way to fix it?...
  7. Startup program called "Program"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Startup program called "Program": [ATTACH] I installed some programs that block websites in order to focus on my studies, and after i found out which one suits better for me, i uninstalled the rest, or i thought so. For some reason, there is this startup program called "Program", which after investigating...
  8. Startup Programs

Startup Programs: Hello! I have 2 questions about startup programs. Firstly, which of these programs can I disable from the Task Manager Startup Tab: -Windows Security notification icon SecurityHealthSystray.exe; -Realtek HD Audio Manager RtkNGUI64.exe; -Delayed launcher...
  9. Startup Programs

Startup Programs: Hello Microsoft Community, How can I prevent certain programs from starting when Windows starts? Will startup programs slow my computer down? And is there a way to modify the program so it will not start up when Windows starts up during the installation process? Any help...
  10. Where is this startup program located?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Where is this startup program located?: I recently installed a Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti card. A startup program ASUS GPUTweaklI was also installed. I want to stop the program from running at startup but can't find where it is located. Tried searching the startup folders and they are empty. I checked Task...