Windows 10: Program in Windows is freezing - not Windows

Discus and support Program in Windows is freezing - not Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with my pc. First I am sorry for my english. I am a german guy *Wink Sometimes my pc freeze for a moment, but its not windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by O2016, Feb 8, 2019.

1. O2016 Win User

Program in Windows is freezing - not Windows

Hello,

I have a problem with my pc. First I am sorry for my english. I am a german guy *Wink
    Sometimes my pc freeze for a moment, but its not windows its only one Thread/process like Office Word or a game.
    This is for 10-15 Seconds. I am not sure exactly.
    After this time the pc is going fine, but with this problem I cant play Online games where it is important to be all the time connected, with no freeze.
    Its like some Threads are starving or sth else.
    The Windows is a new Installation from another PC.
    I made a copy of my old pc with acronis after that I made the windows 10 Function "reset windows 10 and
    lose all your data". I hope you know what I mean. In Germany its "Windows zurücksetzen".
    With my old PC I had no problems but it was another Hardware. The only same thing is the RAM.
    What can I do?
    Can someone help me?

Data about the pc:
    Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550
    Windows 10 Pro
    8 GB RAM Kingston.

:)

O2016, Feb 8, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 8, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Program in Windows is freezing - not Windows - Similar Threads - Program freezing

2. Windows 10: Programs freeze/windows 10 freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: Programs freeze/windows 10 freeze: Hi guys. I've had this problem since the start of February, where my google, Counterstrike:Global Offensive (Steam game) or many other programs would just freeze or, my windows would entirely freeze. Sometimes I would launch google and my google won't open, I would try to...
  3. Fresh Install, Programs; Don't start, freeze after awhile, or slow.

Fresh Install, Programs; Don't start, freeze after awhile, or slow.: Hi, can anyone help me! I just reinstalled windows 10 on my pc. I completely clean the drives in my system and installed windows from a USB. So far all I have done is installed steam ( which won't open most of the time or freezes after 2 mins.). Its seems like the programs...
  4. Surface Laptop freezes shortly after startup-up, when closing programs

Surface Laptop freezes shortly after startup-up, when closing programs: recently my laptop has been freezing and basically locking up every time i restart, lasting barely a few minutes. Whenever i try to close a program or window that window locks up and will not be closed, becoming unresponsive. Sometimes they freeze up on their own. Ive tried...
  5. While scrolling with mouse it freezes and closes the program

in Windows 10 Customization
    While scrolling with mouse it freezes and closes the program: Hey there , Firstly i am not able to search through my start menu Secondly if i scroll down with mouse wheel it freezes the start menue menue and then closes it . Same thing is happening in windows settings. Please help...
  6. Programs are freezing CONSTANTLY after downgrading to version 1803

Programs are freezing CONSTANTLY after downgrading to version 1803: I had to downgrade to windows 10 version 1803 from the 1809 train wreck. all is well, except at random times, very frequently and for no reason, whatever program I'm in will freeze. and task manager is the only way to close it. is there any particular cause to this? it is...
  7. windows 10 freezing with certain programs

windows 10 freezing with certain programs: Recently every time I utilize certain programs, like Realists, my laptop freezes. Windows 10 and a one year old Lenovo laptop. Also running a little slowly these days....
  8. What is the best program to lock (freeze) all the icons on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the best program to lock (freeze) all the icons on my desktop?: Hi all - This is especially infuriating after updating/changing graphics drivers. Does anyone know of a nice, small program that can lock the desktop in place so nothing gets scrambled? TIA! :) 119926
  9. My Icons will freeze is the middle of using programs

My Icons will freeze is the middle of using programs: In no consistent manner all my icons will freeze and the only way I can get out of it is to force a shutdown and have to restart 2 or three times to get back to normal. It's intermittent with no particular program. I am using Windows10 and have automatic updates....
  10. Programs freeze up when I try to input using Japanese IME

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs freeze up when I try to input using Japanese IME: Hello, I don't really know how to open up so I'll just get straight to the point. As the thread title might suggest, every time I try to input Japanese text (Hiragana, Katakana/Kanji), the program freezes for some 3 seconds (give or take a second). Just to put everyone on...