Windows 10: program installation and admin privilages

Discus and support program installation and admin privilages in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; do all programs need admin privileges to install ? is it a good practicewith respect to security and privacy installing all programs as admin ?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ni9ja, Nov 3, 2020.

1. ni9ja Win User

program installation and admin privilages

do all programs need admin privileges to install ?

is it a good practicewith respect to security and privacy installing all programs as admin ?

thanks in advance

:)

ni9ja, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 3, 2020
  3. MetP. Win User
    Admin privilages are gone, I can't do nothing because I lost administrator.

Hi all, this forum is my last chance, please help me to find a solution!

What's my problem.

Tomorrow I booted my PC and I noticed that my second Admin account isn't on my PC, I went to Account settings, Googled some solution and I saw that my account is no more admin but it's a guest user account.

I searched for some solution but everything that people say to do needs admin privilages, but I haven't it!

I literally can't do nothing!

I also know that there is an account with administrator privileges named
    Adiministrator, but how I login in that account?

What I can't do.

• I can't open CMD as Admin;
    • I can't change account settings like Account type and Others;
    • I can't open programs as Admin too;
    • I can't enable UAC settings;
    • I can't enable the hidden admin account;
    • I can't do things as Admin.
    Please help me!

MetP., Nov 3, 2020
  4. program installation and admin privilages

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

program installation and admin privilages

1. program installation and admin privilages - Similar Threads - program installation admin

2. Error with permissions as admin with program installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with permissions as admin with program installer: I was trying to install Keepass and when I ran the installer, it gave me an issue and prevented me from continuing further. My image won't upload so here's the message word for word. "The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory:...
  3. Adminstrator privilages

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Adminstrator privilages: Hi Im using Windows 10 and for a long time I have used my pc as a local user without any password but acouple of days lately I dont know What I did but somehow I created an adminstrator user and created apassword and I forgot it Another problem is that the password is...
  4. Admin and user not sharing installed programs?!?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin and user not sharing installed programs?!?!: Before I screw up my freshly installed win 10 pro.. In computer management, local user and groups.. User is member of users. My admin account is member of administrators and users. If I remove "users" from my admin account, does that mean that programs that user install...
  5. lost adminitrative privilage

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost adminitrative privilage: I don't no why my administrative privilege had lost I can't install apps and my windows update is not working pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-adminitrative-privilage/f4781f79-870c-41cc-a1a4-2c57e480e921
  6. Admin privilages problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin privilages problem: Hi everyone My friend has acquired a Lenovo notebook from an employer who has gone bust. The problem is that he can log on as a user but cannot delete old work related programs as the IT department has locked the computer so as not to delete programs etc. As he doesn't have...
  7. Lost admin privilages among other things.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost admin privilages among other things.: So i have been having major issues with my PC for a while now. All admin privilages have been lost and my computer fails to do basic things like shut off. I The option to shut the computer down in the menu is not there. It reads "There are no current power options available"....
  8. Windows 10 - speradic admin privilages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - speradic admin privilages: Hi i'm using windows 10 and office 365 I noticed I was having problems last year after an update to windows that outlook, office and other programmes would not start unless I used the "run as administrator" I only use one account on this machine and it has full...
  9. The youtube fails to play in user account without admin privilages

in Browsers and Email
    The youtube fails to play in user account without admin privilages: Hello Mine Win 10 x64 version 1607. I have all the latest updates installed. I do not have flash player installed. The desk top has two user accounts. One with Administrator privileges. I find you tube plays fine when accessed the user account with Admin privileges but...
  10. How to install program as a non-admin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install program as a non-admin?: Hi, I got this extra laptop, and I can't install a program on it because I'm not an admin user. Is there an easy way around this, so I can install the program without having to get other people involved? If I have to do something like refreshing or resetting, what is...