Windows 10: Program installation blocked by an administrator when I am one. Windows 10 64-bit

Discus and support Program installation blocked by an administrator when I am one. Windows 10 64-bit in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I tried installing a clearone configuration program and experienced a popup that stated that the installation was blocked by an administrator. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TB_in_Cincinnati, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Program installation blocked by an administrator when I am one. Windows 10 64-bit

I tried installing a clearone configuration program and experienced a popup that stated that the installation was blocked by an administrator. The system was loaded by someone from a company after my hard drive crashed and was unrecoverable. I am listed as an administrator. I have no idea why it won't let me install. I have right clicked on the file and made sure that the user permission was given. Any ideas?

:)

TB_in_Cincinnati, Jun 22, 2022

2. Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs

I recently purchased a Surface Pro X and I am trying to install some programs but they are not allowing me to install due the program requiring a 64 bit Operating system.

I have checked my System information and I am definitely running 64 bit windows

"System type: 64-bit operating system, ARM-based processor"

Why is it not recognizing that it is 64 bit? Do i need to upgrade to Pro to get 64 bit?

DerekWalton2, Jun 22, 2022
  3. Re-install Windows 10 64-bit

Yes, you can go back to 64 bit Windows 10 without purchasing.

• Switching to Windows 10 64 bit is free, you don't have to pay for it. As long as you have a qualifying Windows 7 or 8 or Windows 10 license, you are entitled to use it.
    • Switching requires that you perform a new installation, that means files, applications and settings will be deleted.
    • You will have to reinstall applications and native 64 bit drivers.
    • Backup before migrating: How
      to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Step 1: Download Windows 10 64 bit then create a bootable copy:

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: Boot from the 64 bit Windows 10 install media, then perform a custom or clean install:

Andre Da Costa, Jun 22, 2022
  4. Program installation blocked by an administrator when I am one. Windows 10 64-bit

How do I install IE 32 bit and/or switch from 64 bit to 32 bit?

Windows 10: Internet Explorer

• You need to have Windows 10 64-bit(x64) to use this feature
    • To check:
      • Click on Windows Key
      • Click on Settings
      • Click on System
      • On left panel click on About
      • On right panel check system type:
        • System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
          • That means you have Windows 10 64-bit
        • System Type: 32-bit operating system, x86-based processor
          • That means you have Windows 10 32-bit
    • Internet Explorer
      • 32-bit(x86):
        • C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe
      • 64-bit(x64):
        • C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe
    Note:
    • You cannot switch between Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit. you need to re-install Windows 10 64 bit.
    • To download Windows 10 64-bit:
      Microsoft - "Windows 10 - Download tool now"

• Program installation blocked by an administrator when I am one.  Windows 10 64-bit 7b23dd14-23cd-4459-bfc9-5fe838d21118.png

• If you have Windows 10 64-bit, you can run any application which supports 64-bit and as well as 32-bit

Roharashraj™, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

Program installation blocked by an administrator when I am one. Windows 10 64-bit

1. Program installation blocked by an administrator when I am one. Windows 10 64-bit - Similar Threads - Program installation blocked

2. Program installation blocked by an administrator when I am one. Windows 10 64-bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program installation blocked by an administrator when I am one. Windows 10 64-bit: I tried installing a clearone configuration program and experienced a popup that stated that the installation was blocked by an administrator. The system was loaded by someone from a company after my hard drive crashed and was unrecoverable. I am listed as an administrator. I...
  3. Program installation blocked by an administrator when I am one. Windows 10 64-bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program installation blocked by an administrator when I am one. Windows 10 64-bit: I tried installing a clearone configuration program and experienced a popup that stated that the installation was blocked by an administrator. The system was loaded by someone from a company after my hard drive crashed and was unrecoverable. I am listed as an administrator. I...
  4. Install/Run 32-bit program on Windows 10 64-bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install/Run 32-bit program on Windows 10 64-bit: Hi. I have an old 32-bit drafting program that I would like to install and run on my Windows 10 64-bit Surface Pro. Is it possible - if so, how do I do it or what can I try?...
  5. Problems when installing Windows 10 64-bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems when installing Windows 10 64-bit: My PC died, so I went back to my old PC which was Windows 7 32-bit and updated today to Windows 10 32-bit, then I wanted to update it to 64-bit. I downloaded the Media Tool and got 64-bit on my USB, its boots fine and but after loading files I get the Windows Logo and...
  6. I am on Windows 10 64 bit of it helps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am on Windows 10 64 bit of it helps: submitted by /u/KLolisTsiros [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kax597/i_am_on_windows_10_64_bit_of_it_helps/
  7. 64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs

64 bit windows can't run 64 bit programs: 64 bit versions of apps I want to install say something like "64bit windows is required" and "this version will not work on your computer. Please download the 32 bit version instead.". The messages are also blurry. [ATTACH][ATTACH] System Type: 64-bit operating system,...
  8. My windows 10 64-bit is installing programs and drivers as 32-bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My windows 10 64-bit is installing programs and drivers as 32-bit: I have been facing some different BDOS's, these are listed below. IRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL KMODE_EXECPETION_NOT_HANDLED UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP So far i have troubleshooted my cpu and motherboard, by switching. Also i have have done a memtest on the ram. I suspect...
  9. blocked for my protection when i am the administrator

blocked for my protection when i am the administrator: Using 'reset' this PC I lost bluetooth capability which I had before the reset. The bluetooth adapter had disappeared from device manager.A windows adviser gave me a link to download a fix but it won't run. It gets Blocked by an administrator. I am the administrator for this...
  10. Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs

Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs: I recently purchased a Surface Pro X and I am trying to install some programs but they are not allowing me to install due the program requiring a 64 bit Operating system. I have checked my System information and I am definitely running 64 bit windows "System type: 64-bit...