Windows 10: Program launch shortcuts don't work

Discus and support Program launch shortcuts don't work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Height What I want is to launch programs, such as Notepad, using the key combination. The instructions are pretty clear: - create a shortcut on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SimonMcGrath3, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Program launch shortcuts don't work

Height

What I want is to launch programs, such as Notepad, using the key combination.

The instructions are pretty clear:

- create a shortcut on the desktop.
    — Click properties, put the cursor in the "shortcut key" and select key.

- hit 'apply'

— You then have a Ctrl-Alt-KEY to use.

Except it doesn't work.

I've watched videos, checked instructions in various places and I can't see anything on doing wrong. I don't have any hotkey program installed might interfere with things.

This problem has persisted across several laptops all with the same user profile

Any suggestions on how to get this working?

thanks

:)

SimonMcGrath3, Apr 8, 2021
  2. armym3 Win User

WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Apr 8, 2021
  3. JDivineŠ Win User
    stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, Apr 8, 2021
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

Program launch shortcuts don't work

stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Program launch shortcuts don't work

1. Program launch shortcuts don't work - Similar Threads - Program launch shortcuts

2. Shortcut keys don't open programs anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut keys don't open programs anymore: I have shortcuts for a number of programs on my desktop. In the properties I have defined shortcut keys, i.e. Ctrl + Alt +N. Clicking on the shortcut opens the program. But using this key stroke on my keyboard, doesn't open the program. I have a Logitech G15 keyboard with...
  3. Shortcut keys don't open programs anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut keys don't open programs anymore: I have shortcuts for a number of programs on my desktop. In the properties I have defined shortcut keys, i.e. Ctrl + Alt +N. Clicking on the shortcut opens the program. But using this key stroke on my keyboard, doesn't open the program. I have a Logitech G15 keyboard with...
  4. Keyboard shortcuts don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard shortcuts don't work: Hello, i have windows 10 with HP Omen, and one day shortcuts like win+shift+C for screenshot or win+R stopped working. They always worked bad, from time to time, but now they dont work at all. i tried to reinstall keyboard drivers but it doesn't help. please help me...
  5. Shortcuts to programs not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcuts to programs not working: Greetings, I have a PC running Windows 10 1903 on a 512Gb SSD with 8Gb of memory. Desktop shortcuts are no longer operational. Even if I go to the program file location and double click on the program file nothing happens. If I right click on the Windows icon and select...
  6. Shortcuts fail to launch the program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shortcuts fail to launch the program: For a few days now every time I double click a shortcut the screen flashes off then back on and the program fails to start. If I right click the program and chose properties to look at the shortcut I get the same thing. When I do this with taskmanager open "Windows Problem...
  7. Shortcuts don't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shortcuts don't work: Hi, for some reason my shortcuts don't connect but I haven't changed anything. How can I fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcuts-dont-work/67e2dd11-ef76-46fa-96e6-42e746c515d4
  8. Delay launching programs with keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Delay launching programs with keyboard shortcuts: Hi Guys, Long time lurker but just registered ! So please bare with me. I just got a NEW PC so I installed Windows 10 Home on it. Now I am running into an issue that when starting a program via the Shortcut Key (Added via Right Click on Shortcut, and select Properties and...
  9. Programs and Apps in W10 don't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs and Apps in W10 don't launch: I've been reluctant to upgrade to W10 because of fear that things already installed will not work. I took the plunge and upgraded W7-pro on my ACER laptop and my fears are true. No previously installed programs installed in W7 launch when I click the link in the Start Menu,...
  10. Programs launched with keyboard shortcuts lagging.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs launched with keyboard shortcuts lagging.: Programs launched with keyboard shortcuts(either single key or ctrl alt) take for about 5-6 seconds to start. Even notepad.... 36530