Windows 10: Program launch

Discus and support Program launch in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,I recently installed new ram on my laptop 8 to 16 Gb but now it seems that several programs do not run properly or at all in such a way that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jonah7734, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Jonah7734 Win User

Program launch

Hello,I recently installed new ram on my laptop 8 to 16 Gb but now it seems that several programs do not run properly or at all in such a way that it seems the graphics driver is the issue. For example, Minecraft will not launch at all and will return to the launcher when you try, Matlab will work for a moment or two and then will crash and a new program I have downloaded, Anki, seems to be having the same problem. If anyone has any ideas of what may be wrong that would be appreciated.Thank you

:)

Jonah7734, Jun 15, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 15, 2021
  3. 'The program was started in compatibility mode' during launching Onecklicstarter

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

If the program you are referring to is written to work with older version of Windows, Windows 10 will still try to run the program in Compatibility Mode. Program compatibility is a mode in Windows that lets you run programs written for earlier versions of
    Windows.

I suggest you to reinstall the program in Compatibility mode and check if it helps. follow the below steps.

• Right click the setup file for the program, this can be designated as
      setup.exe or something similar. Click Troubleshoot Compatibility
      to launch the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter wizard which will check for issues.

• Select the option “Troubleshoot program”
      and depending on the problems you are experiencing when attempting to install or use the software, check off the problems. Click on Next.

• Select a version of Windows the program is known to work in.

• Click on Next and then follow the on screen instructions.

If the issue still persist, you need to contact the software vendor and check for the latest updates to make the program run on Windows 10.

Let us know the results.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Program launch

Cortana and launching programs

Hi there!

Try to double check if your Spotify App is installed properly. Try to do these steps to find out:

• Press Windows Key + R button on your keyboard
    • On the text field in the run command type appwiz.cpl
    • You should be able to see Spotify on the list

If your Spotify is not listed there, it can only mean that your Spotify Software has been placed on your PC by copying the whole client from a External Storage.

If your Spotify is listed on the appwiz.cpl . Try to restart your PC and check if Cortana can now launch the app instead of searching the Web.

Michael Sarno, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Program launch

1. Program launch - Similar Threads - Program launch

2. Programs launching outside of visible desktop space - you've had decades to address this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs launching outside of visible desktop space - you've had decades to address this...: When you have multiple monitors but only switch them on as and when required, programs that you had previously opened before your last reboot/shutdown, when opened again, have a tendency to open off screen on some magical ether of desktop space that doesn't exist. Switching...
  3. Programs launching outside of visible desktop space - you've had decades to address this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs launching outside of visible desktop space - you've had decades to address this...: When you have multiple monitors but only switch them on as and when required, programs that you had previously opened before your last reboot/shutdown, when opened again, have a tendency to open off screen on some magical ether of desktop space that doesn't exist. Switching...
  4. PC blackscreens after I try to play/launch a game/program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC blackscreens after I try to play/launch a game/program: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff80456d1c340, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: a7b3bf7f-8e43-4a5c-b733-1e5a91926a46. - Event viewer error Event...
  5. PC blackscreens after I try to play/launch a game/program

PC blackscreens after I try to play/launch a game/program: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff80456d1c340, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: a7b3bf7f-8e43-4a5c-b733-1e5a91926a46. - Event viewer error Event...
  6. VScode: Running the first program on VSCode, gdb launch message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VScode: Running the first program on VSCode, gdb launch message: Hi,I am trying to run my first C++ program on VSCode. I am getting the message gdb launch. I have attached the image below:Somebody, please guide me.Zulfi....
  7. VScode: Running the first program on VSCode, gdb launch message

VScode: Running the first program on VSCode, gdb launch message: Hi,I am trying to run my first C++ program on VSCode. I am getting the message gdb launch. I have attached the image below:Somebody, please guide me.Zulfi....
  8. How to make a "rule" so that when launching a program an audio file plays?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make a "rule" so that when launching a program an audio file plays?: Hello, I know it's a bit of a weird question, but let me clarify. When I was younger I visited a friend's house and on his PC his brother made it so that when he launched a game, a custom audio file started playing, without it being visible too! So many years later, today, I...
  9. How to make a "rule" so that when launching a program an audio file plays?

How to make a "rule" so that when launching a program an audio file plays?: Hello, I know it's a bit of a weird question, but let me clarify. When I was younger I visited a friend's house and on his PC his brother made it so that when he launched a game, a custom audio file started playing, without it being visible too! So many years later, today, I...
  10. How to make a "rule" so that when launching a program an audio file plays?

in Windows 10 Customization