Windows 10: Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry

Discus and support Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have a program that is listed inside "Apps & features" but when I try to uninstall it I get the error that "Windows cannot find...". So I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Valentin-Ionut Stanciu, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry

Hi,I have a program that is listed inside "Apps & features" but when I try to uninstall it I get the error that "Windows cannot find...". So I tried to go into registry/Uninstall and remove it from there, but it isn't there. I tried to search with Find by name, and by date, and by version, but it wasn't there.How else can I remove it?

:)

Valentin-Ionut Stanciu, Dec 7, 2022
  2. WacoJohn Win User

Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.

W10-64 Pro. Here is a picture of the problem. Phoenix OS is (as far as I know) UNinstalled.

Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry [​IMG]

Using a super file finder, there are no files with the word phoenix in its name on the computer FWIW.

A search of the registry finds a key Phoenix OS in two places. The first is here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry [​IMG]

and the 2nd reference is here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

I am assuming removing these from the Registry will clean up the Apps and Features List of Phoenix OS(?)

Any and all advice is appreciated in advance.

Edit: The second registry reference is at:

Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1742390423-1095737228-4217987103-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

WacoJohn, Dec 7, 2022
  3. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 7, 2022
  4. zzdpmjpr Win User

Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry

unable to uninstall program - not in programs list Win 11

I have been trying to uninstall Adobe Photoshop Elements. It is running successfully under Win 11. It is not shown in Programs & Features. There is no uninstall app. It is not in the Uninstall list in the registry. I tried Revouninstaller but that doesn't see it either. Adobe haven't responded to my request for help.

If anyone has any further suggestions I would be happy to try them. Many thanks

zzdpmjpr, Dec 7, 2022
Thema:

Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry

1. Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry - Similar Threads - Program listed Apps

2. Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry: Hi,I have a program that is listed inside "Apps & features" but when I try to uninstall it I get the error that "Windows cannot find...". So I tried to go into registry/Uninstall and remove it from there, but it isn't there. I tried to search with Find by name, and by date,...
  3. Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program listed in "Apps & features" but can't uninstall or find in registry: Hi,I have a program that is listed inside "Apps & features" but when I try to uninstall it I get the error that "Windows cannot find...". So I tried to go into registry/Uninstall and remove it from there, but it isn't there. I tried to search with Find by name, and by date,...
  4. Can't find an app's uninstall registry key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find an app's uninstall registry key: I wanted to manually delete an app called "Roblox" using the registry editor, I tried to use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UninstallandHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstallto find the apps uninstall...
  5. Can't find an app's uninstall registry

Can't find an app's uninstall registry: I wanted to manually delete an app called "Roblox" using the registry editor, I tried to use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UninstallandHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstallto find the apps uninstall...
  6. After Uninstalling, App Remains on Apps & features list

After Uninstalling, App Remains on Apps & features list: Hello, I removed application from the Apps & Features by selecting Uninstall and following the prompts. After it was uninstalled, and after numerous restarts, the application remains listed in the Apps & features list. Modify is greyed out and when Uninstall is selected,...
  7. Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list: I uninstalled Epson printer software, but the name remains in the list. Now when I try to uninstall again a dialog box pops up, "Windows cannot find....." I tried Revo uninstaller, but no change. I know it would probably be OK to leave it, but would like to get it out of my...
  8. Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list: I uninstalled Epson printer software, but the name remains in the list. Now when I try to uninstall again a dialog box pops up, "Windows cannot find....." I tried Revo uninstaller, but no change. I know it would probably be OK to leave it, but would like to get it out of my...
  9. Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.: W10-64 Pro. Here is a picture of the problem. Phoenix OS is (as far as I know) UNinstalled. [img] Using a super file finder, there are no files with the word phoenix in its name on the computer FWIW. A search of the registry finds a key Phoenix OS in two places. The...
  10. How to remove programs in apps & features that uninstall cannot find

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove programs in apps & features that uninstall cannot find: How do I remove programs in apps & features that uninstall cannot find? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-remove-programs-in-apps-features-that/42b2cd92-615d-46b6-a3ae-934a532cfeef