Windows 10: Program lock up and even deleting them from task manager won’t end them. What to do?

Discus and support Program lock up and even deleting them from task manager won’t end them. What to do? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Any help would be appreciated thanks! submitted by /u/Memoreno94 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Memoreno94, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Program lock up and even deleting them from task manager won’t end them. What to do?

/u/Memoreno94, Feb 28, 2021
  2. jah_1 Win User

Windows 10 Task Manager "End Task" does not end task.

This problem seems to be by design. I don't understand why but Windows 10 seems to try to keep you from managing a lot of the OS aspects that were available in Windows 7 and earlier versions. I can kill a scheduling program in windows 7 using task manager
    that I have to reboot to end in Windows 10 although the program does disappear from the list. If I don't reboot Windows 10 and restart the program I get the spinning wheel of death.

jah_1, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Kryten Win User
    Task manager--where is is?

Right click start menu-select Task manager .You can only end task of programs not files.
    Listed under APS. RT-click programs you want to end and select end task.

Why do you need boxes to tick?

Kryten, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Program lock up and even deleting them from task manager won’t end them. What to do?

Windows 10 Task Manager "End Task" does not end task.

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Does it show any error message while performing End Task Through
    Task Manager?

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to end the task and check if you’re able to

Safe mode:

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
      Shift key and click on Restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced options.
    • Click on Startup Settings.
    • Click on Restart.
    • When your PC starts up, you'll see a light blue screen with the Startup Settings menu. You can now choose an option using your keyboard (number keys or function keys). To start up in Safe Mode, press
      4 or F4. To start up in Safe Mode with networking, press
      5 or F5. To start up in Safe Mode with the Command Prompt, press
      6 or F6. If you change your mind and decide you don't want to boot into Safe Mode after all, hit
      Enter to boot normally.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Program lock up and even deleting them from task manager won’t end them. What to do?

1. Program lock up and even deleting them from task manager won’t end them. What to do? - Similar Threads - Program lock deleting

2. Wallpaper is black and programs won’t load not even settings or task manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper is black and programs won’t load not even settings or task manager.: My AMD driver was not compatible after a windows update so I reinstalled the driver and it was fixed however more problems started occurring such as a frozen screen. Hence I tried a clean installation and other installation of driver software and it got worse from there. To...
  3. Wallpaper is black and programs won’t load not even settings or task manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper is black and programs won’t load not even settings or task manager.: My AMD driver was not compatible after a windows update so I reinstalled the driver and it was fixed however more problems started occurring such as a frozen screen. Hence I tried a clean installation and other installation of driver software and it got worse from there. To...
  4. Windows Apps keep running in the background even when I end them - How to prevent them from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Apps keep running in the background even when I end them - How to prevent them from...: Hi, I am Abdulqadir, and I got a question about Windows 10, it's a bit annoying, and I was trying 3 months to find a way to disable these Background Apps, but they keep restarting, so I posted a question here.It's a little hard to explain, I have Apps running in the...
  5. Windows Apps keep running in the background even when I end them - How to prevent them from...

Windows Apps keep running in the background even when I end them - How to prevent them from...: Hi, I am Abdulqadir, and I got a question about Windows 10, it's a bit annoying, and I was trying 3 months to find a way to disable these Background Apps, but they keep restarting, so I posted a question here.It's a little hard to explain, I have Apps running in the...
  6. Windows Apps keep running in the background even when I end them - How to prevent them from...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. What are these accounts? And how do I delete them?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are these accounts? And how do I delete them?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/catman11234 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m0zee5/what_are_these_accounts_and_how_do_i_delete_them/
  8. Applications and programs suddenly vanish even though Task manager shows them running?

Applications and programs suddenly vanish even though Task manager shows them running?: Hi, I'm at my wits end and I could really use some advice here: This problem started a few months ago after KB4574727 update. This sometimes happens after a few hours of working on my laptop. This will 100% happen if I close my laptop's lid, let it sit for a few minutes and...
  9. Stop programs from reopening themselves after closing them in Task Manager

Stop programs from reopening themselves after closing them in Task Manager: So I know about being able to turn off programs opening themselves after restarting your device, and I know how to manage those apps, but thats not what I'm talking about here. Whenever I go into Task Manager, and I notice a program that has absolutely no need to be open...
  10. What happens if you end Task Manager's task with Task Manager?

What happens if you end Task Manager's task with Task Manager?: Hello, I'm just kinda curious at what would happen if you end the Task Manager with Task Manager... Would it go into an infinite loop cycle similar to the "what if you deleted the recycle bin" theory of a black hole in your computer? Would it crash the program? Not...