Windows 10: Program made custom icons for file types

Discus and support Program made custom icons for file types in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there, i downloaded an image viewer called "Imageglass", but when i make image files open in imageglass by default, imageglass changes the icon of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/magnusvn, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Program made custom icons for file types

Hi there, i downloaded an image viewer called "Imageglass", but when i make image files open in imageglass by default, imageglass changes the icon of said file type. Is there any way to fix this?

https://imgur.com/a/MzDYbSx <--- picture showing what i mean
    I set jpg files to open with imageglass by default and it's changed the icon for all jpg files.

submitted by /u/magnusvn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/magnusvn, Mar 25, 2020

2. Custom File Icons?

I've got a program that creates various file types; some of these are associated with the program and display its icon. Is it possible to keep the file association, but change the icons for some of the associated types so they stand out in a listing?

If so, then ideally I'd like to extract the icon from the exe, make three slightly different versions, and make these display (at all scales) for the three main file types. Any suggestions for tools to do this? I have Photoshop CS5.

nigelmercier, Mar 25, 2020
  3. sadicus Win User
    CUSTOM file extensions and CUSTOM icon association?

Windows 10 keeps changing icons associated with custom file extensions. It seems arbitrary because some new file types do work, others work for a while then randomly change.

1. How to correctly create CUSTOM file extensions and have a CUSTOM icon associated to the extension?
    2. How to stop windows from changing the icons?
    Types-1.3.1 Extension Icon Editor by Frank Worsley was used.
    Types 2.6.2
    If "Linked class" is used the folder icon updates, but the file icon does not.

sadicus, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Program made custom icons for file types

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Thema:

Program made custom icons for file types

1. Program made custom icons for file types - Similar Threads - Program made custom

2. File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon: I changed my default folder icon to a custom one of my preference so that all folders use this icon.I did it by following the steps in this reg edit method below"How to Change All Default Folder Icons in Windows 11 At Once" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tC04Nb8UUgTheres 3...
  3. File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Custom Icon & Details Pane Custom Icon: I changed my default folder icon to a custom one of my preference so that all folders use this icon.I did it by following the steps in this reg edit method below"How to Change All Default Folder Icons in Windows 11 At Once" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tC04Nb8UUgTheres 3...
  4. Is there a method to customize the root programs icon's of system programs on windows 10,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a method to customize the root programs icon's of system programs on windows 10,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Rich_Orchid [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tw42ti/is_there_a_method_to_customize_the_root_programs/
  5. Customizing a program's taskbar icon (for all instances)

Customizing a program's taskbar icon (for all instances): I want to customize the icon of a certain program (in this case Firefox). There are many instructions on how to supposedly achieve this by e.g. simply going to any shortcut (in Explorer or Desktop), Properties, Change Icon. Then pinning this shortcut to taskbar puts the...
  6. Custom File Icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom File Icons?: I've got a program that creates various file types; some of these are associated with the program and display its icon. Is it possible to keep the file association, but change the icons for some of the associated types so they stand out in a listing? If so, then ideally...
  7. Custom made sig and avatar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom made sig and avatar: Do you want a custom made signature or an avatar? Then we will make you one on your request! You tell us how it should look and we will try to make it. The NineForum signature sizes is as follows; Max size in pixels is 700x100 pixels. Max filesize is 512KB. Seeing that...
  8. Reg File for Custom File Type Handler Program

Reg File for Custom File Type Handler Program: Suppose instead of the default reg settings for, say, pdf files, one wants a reg file to set up a custom program handler. For instance, Sumatra. One would like Sumatra to handle pdf files. When one double-clicks on a pdf file, Sumatra loads and shows the pdf file. How...
  9. CUSTOM file extensions and CUSTOM icon association?

CUSTOM file extensions and CUSTOM icon association?: Windows 10 keeps changing icons associated with custom file extensions. It seems arbitrary because some new file types do work, others work for a while then randomly change. How to correctly create CUSTOM file extensions and have a CUSTOM icon associated to the extension?...
  10. Custom icons for individual files

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom icons for individual files: How can I change the icon for an individual file? For example, I have a phonelist.docx Word file on my desktop and would like to change the icon from the default Word icon to a telephone icon. How can that be done? 33083