Windows 10: Program Manager running on shutdown?

Discus and support Program Manager running on shutdown? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The message "Program Manager is still running" pops up on Windows 10, 1909 when shutting down. Since I never saw the words "Program Manager" used in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, May 9, 2020.

1. ineuw Win User

Program Manager running on shutdown?

The message "Program Manager is still running" pops up on Windows 10, 1909 when shutting down. Since I never saw the words "Program Manager" used in WIndows, I scanned with Windows Defender, and Malwarebytes and both report everything is clean.

:)

ineuw, May 9, 2020

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, May 9, 2020
  3. Open a running program

Hi,

Which program are you referring to?

If Windows states that the program but can't see it, then I would suggest you check in the task manager if the program is running in the background. Right click on the start menu and select "Task manager" and check if the process is listed in the processes
    that are running currently. If yes, right click on the program and click on "End task" to end the process completely. Now restart the PC and try launching the program. If the issue persists, get back to us with the name of the application that you are trying
    to use so that we can check suggest accordingly.

Bennet Martin, May 9, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

stoping running programs

Hi,

There are certain apps in Windows that aren't possible to be stopped as they're needed by your system. If you want to stop certain apps to be stopped from running in the back ground, follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key, and type in "task manager".
    • Choose Task Manager > More details.
    • Right-click on the apps that you want to stop from running, and click on
      End task

Let us know what happens after following the suggestion.

John Sarc, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Program Manager running on shutdown? - Similar Threads - Program Manager running

2. Program Manager is preventing the shutdown of Windows. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Manager is preventing the shutdown of Windows. Why?: The past few months when shutting down Windows 11, I get a message saysing, Program Manager is preventing the shutdown of Windows.When I click either CANCEL or Shutdown Anyway, Windows shuts down. This happens about 80% of the time.Why is this happening and how do I stop it?...
  3. Program Manager is preventing the shutdown of Windows. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Manager is preventing the shutdown of Windows. Why?: The past few months when shutting down Windows 11, I get a message saysing, Program Manager is preventing the shutdown of Windows.When I click either CANCEL or Shutdown Anyway, Windows shuts down. This happens about 80% of the time.Why is this happening and how do I stop it?...
  4. Windows 10 - Program Manager preventing shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Program Manager preventing shutdown: This recently started happening. I have researched the issue in this forum going back to 2015. None of the "suggestions" offered actually provided any solutions aside from going nuclear and reformatting your storage device and reinstalling Windows or doing a System Restore....
  5. "Program Manager This App is preventing shutdown"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Program Manager This App is preventing shutdown": Hi all, lately when trying to shut down a blue screen shows up displaying: "Program Manager: This App is preventing shutdown", and I'm given the option of "Shut down anyways" or "Cancel". If I choose shut down it will do it without issues, and if I click Cancel it will go...
  6. Program Manager running message on shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Program Manager running message on shutdown or restart: This has only started in the past week. Program manager??? is running in the background I'm told when trying to shut down or restart. At first it was intermittently and now it's happening more often. I have not installed any new programs and don't know why this is happening....
  7. "Program Manager" preventing shutdown but only sometimes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Program Manager" preventing shutdown but only sometimes?: I've seen this happen to some people before and recently it started happening to me. A program called "Program Manager" appears when I try shutting down my laptop sometimes, only for it to go away soon after, I don't even have to force shutdown. What might be causing this? I...
  8. Program Manager runnng on shutdown?

in Windows 10 Support
    Program Manager runnng on shutdown?: The message "Program Manager is still running" pops up on Windows 10, 1909 when shutting down. Since I never saw the words "Program Manager" used in WIndows, I scanned with Windows Defender, and Malwarebytes and both report everything is clean. 155920
  9. Programs still running after shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs still running after shutdown: Hi i bought a new Laptop :(Acer Nitro 5) and when i shut down it from the start menu and open it again after some time I find the same pograms still running I tried this solution: Open start, type: CMD Right click CMD Click Run as administrator At the command...
  10. Program manager hung on shutdown, logitech devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program manager hung on shutdown, logitech devices: Program manager hung on shutdown, logitech devices. Was getting this error on shutting down win10 pc. After updating the setpoint software from within the app updated to version 6.69.114 this error is gone. I only use logitech keyboard and mouse so do not know if it will...