Windows 10: Program Manager running on shutdown?

Discus and support Program Manager running on shutdown? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The message "Program Manager is still running" pops up on Windows 10, 1909 when shutting down. Since I never saw the words "Program Manager" used in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, May 9, 2020.

1. ineuw Win User

Program Manager running on shutdown?

The message "Program Manager is still running" pops up on Windows 10, 1909 when shutting down. Since I never saw the words "Program Manager" used in WIndows, I scanned with Windows Defender, and Malwarebytes and both report everything is clean.

:)

ineuw, May 9, 2020

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, May 9, 2020
  3. Open a running program

Hi,

Which program are you referring to?

If Windows states that the program but can't see it, then I would suggest you check in the task manager if the program is running in the background. Right click on the start menu and select "Task manager" and check if the process is listed in the processes
    that are running currently. If yes, right click on the program and click on "End task" to end the process completely. Now restart the PC and try launching the program. If the issue persists, get back to us with the name of the application that you are trying
    to use so that we can check suggest accordingly.

Bennet Martin, May 9, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

stoping running programs

Hi,

There are certain apps in Windows that aren't possible to be stopped as they're needed by your system. If you want to stop certain apps to be stopped from running in the back ground, follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key, and type in "task manager".
    • Choose Task Manager > More details.
    • Right-click on the apps that you want to stop from running, and click on
      End task

Let us know what happens after following the suggestion.

John Sarc, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Program Manager running on shutdown? - Similar Threads - Program Manager running

2. Program Manager runnng on shutdown?

in Windows 10 Support
    Program Manager runnng on shutdown?: The message "Program Manager is still running" pops up on Windows 10, 1909 when shutting down. Since I never saw the words "Program Manager" used in WIndows, I scanned with Windows Defender, and Malwarebytes and both report everything is clean. 155920
  3. "Program is already Running on this computer" but it isnt running on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Program is already Running on this computer" but it isnt running on Task Manager: Hi, i been having error with some programs... Featuring Twitch & Steam I try opening them and they wouldnt open. so i went with uninstalling them and re-installing. i know how this works but when i went to re-install, i get a message saying "[program] is already running on...
  4. What is this: "Program" running in task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this: "Program" running in task Manager: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PsychedelicPistachio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/en91f0/what_is_this/
  5. CampaignManager running at shutdown and preventing normal shutdown.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CampaignManager running at shutdown and preventing normal shutdown.: What the heck is going on? I can find nothing useful of this. And I view this as a security and privacy issue. Started two days ago, when I went to shut down a PC (Windows Pro 10 build 1903) I was confronted with a warning that "CampaignManager" was still running. I...
  6. Programs still running after shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs still running after shutdown: Hi i bought a new Laptop :(Acer Nitro 5) and when i shut down it from the start menu and open it again after some time I find the same pograms still running I tried this solution: Open start, type: CMD Right click CMD Click Run as administrator At the command...
  7. Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Eventually run

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Eventually run: Did a search but did not find anything recent. Since the last update or two, random programs (usually older ones) will not immediately run but will come up in task manager first in suspended mode. They will eventually run after a minute, usually in a rush with all instances...
  8. Program manager hung on shutdown, logitech devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program manager hung on shutdown, logitech devices: Program manager hung on shutdown, logitech devices. Was getting this error on shutting down win10 pc. After updating the setpoint software from within the app updated to version 6.69.114 this error is gone. I only use logitech keyboard and mouse so do not know if it will...
  9. Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!!: Since earlier today I have noticed two strange processes running in my Task Manager and it has made me quite worried as I have never seen these tasks before and am unable to find any information regarding them only and was wondering if anyone could help me identify what they...
  10. unable to install / run comodo program manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to install / run comodo program manager: need to install and run this on windows 10 32 or 64 bit OS keeps saying need to restart pc to complete install using windows 7 compatibility mode Thanks 80354