Windows 10: Program Manager runnng on shutdown?

Discus and support Program Manager runnng on shutdown? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The message "Program Manager is still running" pops up on Windows 10, 1909 when shutting down. Since I never saw the words "Program Manager" used in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, May 8, 2020.

1. ineuw Win User

Program Manager runnng on shutdown?

The message "Program Manager is still running" pops up on Windows 10, 1909 when shutting down. Since I never saw the words "Program Manager" used in WIndows, I scanned with Windows Defender, and Malwarebytes and both report everything is clean.

:)

ineuw, May 8, 2020

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, May 8, 2020
  3. Mr. Soda Win User
    Program Manager Hangs On Shutdown

Thank you, I had planned to follow these steps today, but now I think I've figured it out. Ever since I performed a DDU clean install of my GTX 1060's drivers, updating them from 388.71 to 390.65 yesterday.
    Program Manger, whatever it was, no longer hangs on shutdown. In it's place,
    NvFBCPluginWindow hangs in the exact same way. I always do a clean install of my Display Drivers, uninstalling with Display Driver Uninstaller in Safe Mode, then disconnecting my Ethernet entirely before installing the latest drivers
    from a USB stick to prevent Windows from trying to install them at the same time. So I guess until Program Manager starts to hang again I'll continue this discussion on the GeForce forums. If it does reoccur I'll immediately follow your linked steps & report
    back my findings. It's my suspicion that Program Manager was/is related to Nvidia or it was just falsely identified by Windows 10 & was their Plugin Window task hanging all along.

Mr. Soda, May 8, 2020
  4. Program Manager runnng on shutdown?

Win 10 Shut Down Program Manager still open

Hi Alice.

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps given by Ankit Rajput in this

link.

Thank you.

Karina Aris, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Program Manager runnng on shutdown?

1. Program Manager runnng on shutdown? - Similar Threads - Program Manager runnng

2. Program Manager running on shutdown?

in Windows 10 Support
    Program Manager running on shutdown?: The message "Program Manager is still running" pops up on Windows 10, 1909 when shutting down. Since I never saw the words "Program Manager" used in WIndows, I scanned with Windows Defender, and Malwarebytes and both report everything is clean. 155920
  3. A program is preventing from shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A program is preventing from shutdown: One program is preventing from shutdown it was not visible clearly at it disappears in seconds, in safe mode it was fine.this problem occurs after removing some default windows software from power shell i have restored all of them through power shell command still the problem...
  4. Last program used reloads after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Last program used reloads after shutdown: I have been having this weird thing happen over the past few months. After I shut down the computer, using the correct procedure, and turn it on again say the next day the last program I use loads up automatically, usually with an error. Has anyone else experienced this -...
  5. Programs still running after shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs still running after shutdown: Hi i bought a new Laptop :(Acer Nitro 5) and when i shut down it from the start menu and open it again after some time I find the same pograms still running I tried this solution: Open start, type: CMD Right click CMD Click Run as administrator At the command...
  6. Windows 10 Update to 1903 runnng issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update to 1903 runnng issues: I hope some one can help... since updating to windows 10 1903 my desktop computer has lost my personal files such as users, and wont let me access the sign into options in settings, nor am I able to print.. At first after updating it said that I needed to repair search...
  7. Program manager hung on shutdown, logitech devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program manager hung on shutdown, logitech devices: Program manager hung on shutdown, logitech devices. Was getting this error on shutting down win10 pc. After updating the setpoint software from within the app updated to version 6.69.114 this error is gone. I only use logitech keyboard and mouse so do not know if it will...
  8. unknown program preventing shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unknown program preventing shutdown: this program is preventing my every shutdown for quite some time now. i have already checked the control panel : programs and the startup page in task manager, to get rid of programs and apps i dont need. In the task manager Startup tab, there are all normal processes you'd...
  9. Program Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Management: Hello I am from Denmark and I upgraded yesterday,perhaps i am a total idiot but how do you uinstall a program in windows 10,please help.*Redface 25685
  10. Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs: I am using Windows 10 Home up-to-date. Just found this entry (Program) in my Task Manager-Startup Programs. It has no identification except 'Program' . On right click it doesn't show any properties or location just the enable or disable button. I have disabled it but am just...