Windows 10: [Program name] has stopped working no longer appears when application crashes?

Discus and support [Program name] has stopped working no longer appears when application crashes? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I remembered the message saying [Program name] has stopped working and saying... A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JonathanMcEvoy_830, Oct 18, 2020.

1. [Program name] has stopped working no longer appears when application crashes?

I remembered the message saying [Program name] has stopped working and saying...

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

As of 1903 the message doesn't appear again and is there a way to make this message appear again?

:)

JonathanMcEvoy_830, Oct 18, 2020
  2. DAN
    Dan Win User

Passwords Plus - "Application has stopped working"

I have been using this application, Passwords Plus, for a long time - since XP and Palm.

It worked well with Win10 until last week, when I started getting the message above ("Application has stopped working").

I have gone to the company's website, DataViz, and their solutions have not worked.

When this first happened, I checked their website for solutions. They acknowledge this as a common error. Solutions tried are:

• They suggested right clicking the program icon and running as an administrator
    • editing permissions on the Security tab for the "Documents" folder, to allow all permissions.
    • Next they sent a reg file, asking that this be added to the registry
    • then they asked me to re-install the program.

None of this has made any difference - the program still crashes on opening.

Questions:

• Has anyone else encountered & solved this error?
    • Any suggestions for things to try?

3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Show windows side by side has stopped working in W10?

Hi Mary,

For better assistance, verify the following information:

• Were you able to check the response of Vinodh.V posted last August 5, 2015?
    • Did you perform the suggested troubleshooting steps provided on this thread?

If the recommended solutions did not work for you, we suggest creating a new thread since some troubleshooting steps may no longer be applicable to your issue.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Oct 18, 2020
  4. [Program name] has stopped working no longer appears when application crashes?

Jump Lists No Longer Appear

After the uninstallation of some software yesterday, I no longer have jump lists in my taskbar icons. I right click on them, and there's no response whatsoever. Right click functionality on the taskbar itself and in all other places appears to be normal. I'm hoping there will be a relatively simple registry key I can edit or something. Anyone have some suggestions?

lightwriter, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

[Program name] has stopped working no longer appears when application crashes?

1. [Program name] has stopped working no longer appears when application crashes? - Similar Threads - Program name has

2. new "program" has appeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new "program" has appeared: I have a Surface 3 with Windows 10. Now when I start up and the desktop displays I get a pop-up box saying there is a program named "program" on the C drive that may cause problems with opening apps unless I rename it "program1". There is a file recently modified not by me as...
  3. new "program" has appeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new "program" has appeared: I have a Surface 3 with Windows 10. Now when I start up and the desktop displays I get a pop-up box saying there is a program named "program" on the C drive that may cause problems with opening apps unless I rename it "program1". There is a file recently modified not by me as...
  4. Application Guard has stopped working

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Application Guard has stopped working: I'm seeing this dialog every now and then: [img] Code: WDAG Report - Container: Error: 0x80070512, Ext error: 0x00000008; RDP: Error: 0x800705b4, Ext error: 0x00000000 Location: 0x00000000 This is MS Edge browser application guard. sometimes it works just fine, sometimes...
  5. Program has stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program has stopped working.: I have written some CAD software and it works great on my PC. It was also running fine on customers PC's. Recently all my customers are emailing me complaining they get "Program has stopped working" error. I tried downloading the software on to my pc and it downloads fine...
  6. Windows 10 - This application has stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - This application has stopped working: Hi! I have a Microsoft Surface running Windows 10 and for some reason NOTHING works. I can log into the desktop ok, but then no icons do anything. I cant open task manager nothing. Its just unrepsonsive. Then after a while a message appears with 'Windows' in the top saying...
  7. Softmax Application has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Softmax Application has stopped working: I get the Softmax 7.0.3 application has stopped working error message when I open the software. I have Windows 10 64bit,already try to reinstall software and OS. Can any help?Thansk! Event log: Faulting application name: SoftMaxProApp.exe, version: 7.0.3.0, time stamp:...
  8. Application Host Manager has Stopped Working???

Application Host Manager has Stopped Working???: Sometimes I get this Windows Error "Application Host Manager has Stopped Working" it will then show the progress bar and then disappears. Has anyone else experienced this or how do i fix this? Thanks 16097
  9. Program that notifies when an application has crashed

Program that notifies when an application has crashed: Is there a good program or utility that can automatically notify via e-mail when a program crashes? Is there also a good program or utility that can automatically re-launch a program if it crashes? Thanks Ryan 94741
  10. Passwords Plus - "Application has stopped working"

Passwords Plus - "Application has stopped working": I am new to these forums so I am not sure if this is the correct one for this post. However, I have been using this application, Passwords Plus, for a long time - since XP and Palm. It worked well with Win10 until last week, when I started getting the message above. I have...