Windows 10: Program not assoc with app?

Discus and support Program not assoc with app? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-not-assoc-with-app/8fd3d793-a771-4970-8698-38bf523a96ac Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by genewagner1, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Program not assoc with app?

What app?

:)

genewagner1, Jun 14, 2021
  2. sabine61 Win User

Did typing ASSOC damage my pc?

I have been called by fake microsoft-helpers and typed ASSOC. Then a list appeared with ZFSendToTarget..etc. After she wants to use teamviewer I hung up the phone. My question is: did I do any damage to my pc by typing ASSOC ?

sabine61, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Martmcd Win User

Program not assoc with app?

Did typing ASSOC damage my pc?

no, typing ASSOC into a command prompt just displays a list of file extension associations.

no doubt they told you the list shows lots of issues - utter rubbish!

as long as you did not pay the scammers any money and did not allow access to your computer, you have nothing to worry about.

Martmcd, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

Program not assoc with app?

1. Program not assoc with app? - Similar Threads - Program assoc app

2. Assoc command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assoc command: question. does the assoc command truly work powershell/cmd? i noticed that the icon does not change in my file explorer, nor do the files open with the program specified using the assoc command. i have to manually change it. does it adjust on a restart? im not positive...
  3. Assoc command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assoc command: question. does the assoc command truly work powershell/cmd? i noticed that the icon does not change in my file explorer, nor do the files open with the program specified using the assoc command. i have to manually change it. does it adjust on a restart? im not positive...
  4. Assoc command

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. assoc and ftype not updating file association completely in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    assoc and ftype not updating file association completely in windows 10.: assoc and ftype not updating file association completely in windows 10. My security camera produces a .265 file which I find I can play using VLC --demux h265 I had previously associated the files with the windows media player which didn't work and so I updated the...
  6. Changing the file type assocation for a file

Changing the file type assocation for a file: Hi! I've been trying to get rid of Notepad++ as my automatic JSON file launcher thingy but I haven't been able to even after resetting to the defaults. I've tried many solutions I've seen on here but nothing seems to work. I've even deleted Notepad++ but it's not working, and...
  7. Default Programs [Apps]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Programs [Apps]: I am trying to set a Default App for a specific File. Adobe Reader will open the File, but I cannot see the File Extension in the "Choose Default Apps by File Type" in Settings. The File Extension is "jsf"...
  8. Cortana - No Program Assoc. Error

Cortana - No Program Assoc. Error: When I go to turn on Cortana under System_Cortana & search_Customize Cortana & search settings, I get an error that reads: This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an...
  9. Recover default windows program file assocation

Recover default windows program file assocation: Hi all, is there a way to recover all my default program settings? I have made some mistakes and some settings arent working any moren for eg: (i dont know if the link is accepted: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ociations.html 21570
  10. How to associate Photo Viewer using ftype and assoc

How to associate Photo Viewer using ftype and assoc: Hello. I want to associate png, bmp, jpg/jpeg with Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 (8.1) through console and without using GUI (Settings — Apps — Default apps — setting up Photo Viewer as a default app). Here is my code, but unfortunately it doesn't associate at all, but...