Windows 10: Program not being invoked with administrator permission

Discus and support Program not being invoked with administrator permission in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I wrote a dotNet actually C# program I'll call it the invoker to invoke a certain application I'll call it the target application with a specified... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ragnarokkr, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Program not being invoked with administrator permission

I wrote a dotNet actually C# program I'll call it the invoker to invoke a certain application I'll call it the target application with a specified user.

Generally, the invoker decrypts a file and gets the specified username, domain and password, then it fills the information into a ProcessStartInfo, and start a process with it, like the following code

var psi = new ProcessStartInfo {

UseShellExecute = false,

LoadUserProfile = true,

FileName = _fileName,

Domain = _domain,

UserName = _userName,

Password = _passWord.ToSecureString,

WorkingDirectory = _workingDirectory

};

Process.Startpsi;

There's a strange behavior: After a rebootor a fresh system startup, The target application invoked by the invoker won't have administrator priviledge. But if I right click on any application actually any executable and "Start with administrator priviledge" using the same user info stored in the Invoker Done by manually input the same username@domain and password in the pop up window asking for credential once, the invoker can call the target application with administrator priviledge successfully.

I wonder why this happens. What does `LoadUserProfile` mean? Does it means the `UserProfile` contains some default authority information and is changed after "Start with administrator priviledge"? Or it's totally irrelevant with the strange behavior I described. How can I solve this problem?

:)

Ragnarokkr, Feb 1, 2021
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Program not being invoked with administrator permission

administrator permissions needed

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per description, you are getting error message "THIS ACTION REQUIRES ADMINISTRATOR PERMISSIONS" using quick books.

I would suggest you to follow the method given below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Try to run the application as an “Administrator” and check. Follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Right click the shortcut of the application or the main application.

2. Select
    properties.

3. Select
    compatibility tab and select "Run this program as an administrator."

If issue still persists try method 2,

Method 2:

User Account Control (UAC) notifies you before changes are made to your computer that require administrator-level permission. The default UAC setting notifies you when programs try to make changes to your computer, but you can change how often
    UAC notifies you. It might be that you have your computer to “Always notify”.

Always Notify:

You'll be notified before programs make changes to your computer or to
    Windows settings that require administrator permissions. This is the most secure setting.

To change the settings in User Account Control follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select User accounts.
    • then click Change User Account Control settings.
    • If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.
    • Move the slider up or down to the setting for how you want to be notified by UAC, and click/tap on
      OK.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Ashish Sondhi, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Program not being invoked with administrator permission

1. Program not being invoked with administrator permission - Similar Threads - Program being invoked

2. Invoking Microsoft Photos from a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invoking Microsoft Photos from a program: I have a program that invokes executes or starts Office 2010 Picture Manager when it wants to display an image in detail. I want to update the program to use Microsoft Photos. The Photos program resides at C:\Program...
  3. Administrator Permissions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator Permissions: Hi, lately I've been having trouble with Administrator permissions on Windows 10.I was trying to do a Windows Update reset with the app: Reset windows update tool,however it tells me that to execute it I need Administrator permissions despite the fact that I have already...
  4. Administrator Permissions

Administrator Permissions: Hi, lately I've been having trouble with Administrator permissions on Windows 10.I was trying to do a Windows Update reset with the app: Reset windows update tool,however it tells me that to execute it I need Administrator permissions despite the fact that I have already...
  5. Administrator permissions

Administrator permissions: Many functions with Windows 11 it states "you need administrator permission" to perform. I'm the sole administrator and appear to have all the permission I need. It's and extra step I don't need...
  6. Administrator Permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Permissions: I have bought a new laptop and am using my backup drive WD My Passport to transfer the files over to the new laptop. Windows won't let me use the files need administrator permission even though I am the only user of this laptop and my user name has Administrator rights. How...
  7. Administrator Permissions

Administrator Permissions: I have bought a new laptop and am using my backup drive WD My Passport to transfer the files over to the new laptop. Windows won't let me use the files need administrator permission even though I am the only user of this laptop and my user name has Administrator rights. How...
  8. administrator permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    administrator permission: i am the administrator and im being block by "an administrator " does Microsoft have a fix for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission/2c95c5cc-b20a-4521-a5f5-5970a8b512f4
  9. Administrator Permission...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Permission...: Why do I need administrator permission if I'm the administrator? Tried to move some files and I needed to get administrator permission. Is there a way to make it so this no longer pops up? It's annoying and senseless. I've searched the internet and there is not info about...
  10. Administrator Permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator Permissions: I own HP PROBBOK 440 G4 running windows 10. My issue is that sometimes while deleting any folder from my (generally video folders) it says you need to need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder and when i press continue new dialog box pop up says you...