Windows 10: Program not starting up at logon/start? HOW COME?

Discus and support Program not starting up at logon/start? HOW COME? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HI New to the forums *Smile I am running win 10 ( 1607 ) on a Lenovo thinkpad tablet. I am using it in my car for satnav, music etc. I would like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pootler, Dec 22, 2019.

1. pootler Win User

Program not starting up at logon/start? HOW COME?

HI

New to the forums *Smile

I am running win 10 ( 1607 ) on a Lenovo thinkpad tablet.

I am using it in my car for satnav, music etc.

I would like to have the car frontend software ( centrafuse - old but ok ) start when the tablet boots,
    but I cannot seem to get this working.

I have tried many different methods, including group policy ( logon ), registry ( HK local machine etc), and also shortcut in the startup folder.

NONE of these methods work??

I have the correct path for the executable, and have even used third party start up programs to no avail .

Other programs start correctly, but this centrafuse.exe refuses to do so??

Strangely, I installed a ''lite'' version of windows 10 - and it worked straight away!

Unfortunately, these lite versions have too many other things removed which causes aspects of the software to not work :-(

If anyone more enlightened than me ( that makes most people) can help me, I would be very grateful.

Many Thanks

:)

pootler, Dec 22, 2019

2. windows 10 start and exit sounds

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the windows start up sound.

• Type sounds
      in the control panel.

• Click on sounds.

• Under program events ,under
      windows just click windows logon.

• Enable play start up sounds.

• From speech
      select the sound for windows logon.

• Click on apply.

• Click ok.
    Method 2

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the windows log off sound.

• Type sounds in the
      control panel.

• Click on sounds.

• Under program events ,under
      windows just click windows logoff.

• From speech select the sound for
      windows logoff.

• Click on apply.

• Click ok.
    If windows logon and logoff options are not available,then in that case you just need to

• Enable play start up sounds.to get the windows start up sound .And by default there will be single sound available for windows logon sound.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu Programs Incorrect Location

Hi Kat,

As you are unable to open the program from Start screen. I would suggest you to right click on it and click on
    Unpin from Start. Browse to the file location, right click on it and select Pin to Start to set it properly.

To change the Start settings, follow these steps:

• Click on Search and type “Start settings” without quotes.
    • Click on the Start settings (System settings).
    • It will open the Personalization window with Start settings.
    • From here you can make the necessary changes.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Program not starting up at logon/start? HOW COME?

start screen deployed on logon

Hello Dan,

The Start full screen menu is probably enabled. You can disable it by performing the steps below:

• On the Start menu, search for Settings and then click on Personalization.
    • Select Start and turn off Use Start in full screen.

We're just here if you need further assistance.

Michelle Vil, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Program not starting up at logon/start? HOW COME?

1. Program not starting up at logon/start? HOW COME? - Similar Threads - Program starting logon

2. start up program

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up program: How can i setup chrome as startup browser. It is used to be under task manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-program/e3c38ec5-6482-48eb-a63b-a14af3fa7cd8
  3. start up program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start up program: How can i setup chrome as startup browser. It is used to be under task manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-program/e3c38ec5-6482-48eb-a63b-a14af3fa7cd8
  4. start up program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to remove Start up program named as "Program"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove Start up program named as "Program": Hello,I recently found blank start up program named as "program" and i want to remove this program form start up i try to remove from shell:startup but the program is not showing here please help me to remove this....
  6. start up programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up programs: how to set any app in my windows 10 pc, to start when I start windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-programs/524b81ca-9e5e-4189-bc13-5ae8d692edf1
  7. Start up / Logon /Splash screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start up / Logon /Splash screen: A while ago the startup/logon/splash screen has been putting the monitor to sleep about 2-3 minutes after the machine is booted up. The sleep time with power on is set to turn the screen off after 20 minutes if the power is on and never put the computer to sleep. how do I...
  8. startUp.exe comes up on start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    startUp.exe comes up on start: Every time I turn on my desktop, setUp.exe displays and asks me "do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device" Yes or No. What is this and how do I get rid of it? Thank You in advance...
  9. a program on start up

a program on start up: how do I remove a app I pinned to start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_social/a-program-on-start-up/f659d449-c764-4c7d-b4ca-51e3bdddee71
  10. Start-up Programs

Start-up Programs: I can see the start-up list of programs in the task manager. I want to add one to the list. f1 an no help or menu option is visible. I want to add a browser. How do I do this Please. *Huh 45862