Windows 10: Program opens then closes on taskbar by itself Virus?

Discus and support Program opens then closes on taskbar by itself Virus? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There's a program that opens on my taskbar, then immediately closes, so fast that I can't tell which program it is. I've checked task manager and it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shamwow311, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Program opens then closes on taskbar by itself Virus?

There's a program that opens on my taskbar, then immediately closes, so fast that I can't tell which program it is. I've checked task manager and it doesn't show any programs open that I'm not using. When the program opens it kicks me out of full screen programs so I'd like it to stop. It happens randomly with no apparent pattern. Is it a virus or something?

:)

Shamwow311, Feb 5, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Remove (open) programs from taskbar

I'd just get a program called Ultramon. It puts a second taskbar on the second monitor, so if you have something up and running on the second monitor at all times it is displayed on that taskbar. It doesn't do exactly what you want, but it does solve the problem of wasted taskbar space.

newtekie1, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Frick Win User
    Remove (open) programs from taskbar

Hey all!

Ok, so some programs I have running all the time, like Spotify and Outlook. They are actually pretty much open all the time as I finally got around to plug in the second monitor. So it feels like a waste of taskbar space to actually have them be there, especially as I have them ready at hand in the notification area.

It seems almost no programs can do this on their own, so does anyone know of anyway that this can be done?

Thanks for looking!

/Frick

EDIT: I know Outlook since 2003 have the option to "Hide when minimized", and that's good and all, but it's still in the taskbar when it's up and running.

Frick, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Program opens then closes on taskbar by itself Virus?

Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Program opens then closes on taskbar by itself Virus?

1. Program opens then closes on taskbar by itself Virus? - Similar Threads - Program opens closes

2. When trying to open program or game, it closes itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to open program or game, it closes itself: Hi, guys! From 4-5 days when I try to open any program or game p.e Visual Studio, IntelliJ or some game, it shows the starting window and then it closes itself and opens folders from the local disks? What could be wrong ? Could the problem be in the HDD ?...
  3. When trying to open program or game, it closes itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to open program or game, it closes itself: Hi, guys! From 4-5 days when I try to open any program or game p.e Visual Studio, IntelliJ or some game, it shows the starting window and then it closes itself and opens folders from the local disks? What could be wrong ? Could the problem be in the HDD ?...
  4. When trying to open program or game, it closes itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. programs will not open or close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programs will not open or close: I cannot open or close some programs. Outlook is stuck on screen. Can only 'close' by opening Word or some other. Opening using Desktop Outlook does not work....
  6. programs will not open or close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    programs will not open or close: I cannot open or close some programs. Outlook is stuck on screen. Can only 'close' by opening Word or some other. Opening using Desktop Outlook does not work....
  7. Program Opening and Closing Immediately

Program Opening and Closing Immediately: Over the last week, I have the above window open and close immediately every ten minutes on the dot, usually before I can see what the window says. Only reason I was able to get the above screen shot was that I just happened to turned my PC on at one of the 10 minute...
  8. Programs tabbing / closing by itself

Programs tabbing / closing by itself: So I'm having 2 separated problems. One is programs mostly games tabbing out by itself though I can still go back to the window and then another problem is the program closing by itself. The 2nd problem is happening in every program including google chrome. After the program...
  9. Comptuer Closing open programs

Comptuer Closing open programs: My windows 10 computer is constantly closing my open programs without warning. I could be in the middle of typing something and the program just randomly closes. It usually closes them when the programs get anywhere close to slow. This problem also happened on my laptop that...
  10. Defender closes open programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender closes open programs: Running windows defender when leaving computer. When return the next day, chrome and outlook have been closed, and computer is back to login screen. Because not looking at computer untill following day, not sure if it is closing the programs at beginning, middle, or end...