Windows 10: program opens up behind side taskbar

Discus and support program opens up behind side taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all,I use left side for my start menu task bar.Some programs especially legacy ones open up behind it. I assume they're set to open at 0x/0y... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hao Unknown, Jan 30, 2022.

1. program opens up behind side taskbar

Hello all,I use left side for my start menu task bar.Some programs especially legacy ones open up behind it. I assume they're set to open at 0x/0y which is loads them behind the side bar, and I need to move the window over to the right a bit. across a day I may reopen these windows a hundred+ times, and it's annoying to say the least.is there a way to change where the 0x0y is on your desktop so windows see 100x/0y as top left corner of desktop? so that no program will load behind the taskbar? I've found scripts in batch and autohotkey to move a window upon launch, but the program takes 10+ s

:)

Hao Unknown, Jan 30, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Remove (open) programs from taskbar

I'd just get a program called Ultramon. It puts a second taskbar on the second monitor, so if you have something up and running on the second monitor at all times it is displayed on that taskbar. It doesn't do exactly what you want, but it does solve the problem of wasted taskbar space.

newtekie1, Jan 30, 2022
  3. Frick Win User
    Remove (open) programs from taskbar

Hey all!

Ok, so some programs I have running all the time, like Spotify and Outlook. They are actually pretty much open all the time as I finally got around to plug in the second monitor. So it feels like a waste of taskbar space to actually have them be there, especially as I have them ready at hand in the notification area.

It seems almost no programs can do this on their own, so does anyone know of anyway that this can be done?

Thanks for looking!

/Frick

EDIT: I know Outlook since 2003 have the option to "Hide when minimized", and that's good and all, but it's still in the taskbar when it's up and running.

Frick, Jan 30, 2022
  4. program opens up behind side taskbar

How to OPEN Programs in Taskbar Preview WITHOUT Clicking ??

@Triliuner I'm sorry to hear it's not as simple as that.

When you have multiple windows opened from a single application e.g. 2 separate windows from Chrome, do they show up as previews when you hover over Chrome's icon in the taskbar, or as a list? Just asking to clarify that, they are at least showing as previews. If not, this should help: Change Taskbar Thumbnail Threshold to Show List in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

As for the different windows not showing when you hover your mouse over a preview, maybe it has something to do with the delay, see here: Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials (restoring the default value)

I hope that helps, if not, maybe others can suggest some other things to try..

TheDeerDude, Jan 30, 2022
Thema:

program opens up behind side taskbar

1. program opens up behind side taskbar - Similar Threads - program opens behind

2. Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs: Hello!My question concerns the taskbar auto-hide option. I recently found out about this option. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Let me explain.It started with a few programs, such as Google Chrome and Word. When having these programs in full-screen, the taskbar...
  3. Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs: Hello!My question concerns the taskbar auto-hide option. I recently found out about this option. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Let me explain.It started with a few programs, such as Google Chrome and Word. When having these programs in full-screen, the taskbar...
  4. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden behind other programs: Recently I've ran into the problem where my Taskbar is being blocked/covered by other programs. Some trouble shooting steps I've taken already are, 1. I used task manager and restarted Windows Explorer, 2. I ran CMD in administrator and used "sfc /scannow", and finally I've...
  5. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

Taskbar hidden behind other programs: Recently I've ran into the problem where my Taskbar is being blocked/covered by other programs. Some trouble shooting steps I've taken already are, 1. I used task manager and restarted Windows Explorer, 2. I ran CMD in administrator and used "sfc /scannow", and finally I've...
  6. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. program opens up behind side taskbar

program opens up behind side taskbar: Hello all,I use left side for my start menu task bar.Some programs especially legacy ones open up behind it. I assume they're set to open at 0x/0y which is loads them behind the side bar, and I need to move the window over to the right a bit. across a day I may reopen these...
  8. program opens up behind side taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program opens up behind side taskbar: Hello all,I use left side for my start menu task bar.Some programs especially legacy ones open up behind it. I assume they're set to open at 0x/0y which is loads them behind the side bar, and I need to move the window over to the right a bit. across a day I may reopen these...
  9. Side by Side Configuration error and some of my programs will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side by Side Configuration error and some of my programs will not open: I am getting a Side by Side Configuration error and some of my programs will not open. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help/2154189f-68c3-446c-a47b-b43ce06e2f09
  10. Taskbar hidden behind open windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar hidden behind open windows: My task-bar had been hiding behind all my open windows for a few days now, it was getting really annoying and I couldn't find an answer that solved my problem. Then out of nowhere I thought to hit F11 and see if maybe full-screen mode was on. Indeed that was the case at...