Windows 10: Program opens Wndows installer

Discus and support Program opens Wndows installer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have windows 10 and for the last 3 weeks ive had a problem where everytime i open a program bruteforce savedata ive been using this for years no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JDOGGOKUSSJ2, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Program opens Wndows installer

I have windows 10 and for the last 3 weeks ive had a problem where everytime i open a program bruteforce savedata ive been using this for years no problems it attempts to install a program via windows installer called resume maker

i tried uninstalling reinstalling no fix even scaned for virus in safe mode and nothing I even installed the program to USB and opened it on a different pc and it did not try to install the program,

if i attemt to let the program install it cant finish it says insert cd/dvd rom where the setup is located if i keep pressing cancel it will hang for like an hour but will eventually quit then finally open the program as it should but thats too much of a hassle for me, please help me out

:)

JDOGGOKUSSJ2, Apr 16, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 23, 2020
  3. Cannot insta;; or uninstall programs it keeps saying a program already being installed!

Hi Brandi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Which program are you trying to uninstall?

• What is the exact issue with Office XP Student?
    The issue you are facing could be due to the program is running on desktop background. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and heck if it help in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Step 1.

I suggest you to go to the task manager and check if the program is running on Windows back ground. Follow the below steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task manager.
    • Locate for the program which you are trying to uninstall.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Try uninstalling the program.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to restart the computer and as soon as the computer boot up try uninstalling the programs.

If the above steps did not fix the issue try the below steps provided.

Step 3.

I suggest you to unregister and register the Windows installer and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 23, 2020
  4. JimWynne Win User

Program opens Wndows installer

Program opening with with poer up.

Did you open Task Manager as I suggested? Please don't make this more difficult than it needs to be.

JimWynne, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Program opens Wndows installer

1. Program opens Wndows installer - Similar Threads - Program opens Wndows

2. Wndows ISO installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wndows ISO installation: Wimdows 11 came with my laptop for lifetime. Due to some issues I have to install wimdows 11 iso file. After installing windows 11 iso file, will my licence be revoked or will it remain?...
  3. Wndows ISO installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wndows ISO installation: Wimdows 11 came with my laptop for lifetime. Due to some issues I have to install wimdows 11 iso file. After installing windows 11 iso file, will my licence be revoked or will it remain?...
  4. uTorrent Installer won't open installation program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uTorrent Installer won't open installation program: I have a problem installing 'utweb_installer' on my laptop. When I try opening it, the permission to make changes shows and I clicked YES then the 'extracting' pops out in less than a second and it closes. But there are no installation program comes out. I tried UNBLOCK-ing...
  5. uTorrent Installer won't open installation program

uTorrent Installer won't open installation program: I have a problem installing 'utweb_installer' on my laptop. When I try opening it, the permission to make changes shows and I clicked YES then the 'extracting' pops out in less than a second and it closes. But there are no installation program comes out. I tried UNBLOCK-ing...
  6. Keyboard starts opening and installing programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard starts opening and installing programs: after a while of using my computer, for some reason, my keyboard stops typing and starts doing these shortcut keys that install or open programs, like D is one drive except I don't have one drive so it causes an error, and another one is Microsoft word which causes it to...
  7. cannot install and open a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot install and open a program: I bought and downloaded a program called : CreateStudio its an animation program but my computer will not open and install the program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-and-open-a-program/acee9b0b-5b48-4d0c-8c00-0650ba930ac0
  8. App wndows open black

App wndows open black: have black rectangle when opening word, excel, task manager, etc. Can't close. Can't use. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-wndows-open-black/b1427743-54a7-4097-81a2-02b87b0ce5ef
  9. Wndows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wndows Update: Hi, when I choose Inställningar ( in Swedish ) and then Windows update I receive a new windows with some choosw like Windows Update, but all is blank in then windows and nothing happens when I click the items in the left raw. All the other choose ( like networks and accounts...
  10. Problem opening program installers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem opening program installers.: Hi, I've been having a problem with my computer in the past few days. Every time I try to open any ".exe" file or regular function on windows that has the admin shield icon what ever i try to open it from weather its the desktop the file manager of the properties panel of...