Windows 10: Program or app not display on top of work area

Discus and support Program or app not display on top of work area in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to use my snipping tool. But the snipping tool box is behind the browser window I want to take a snip of. What do I need to do to get it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by elizabethcrain1, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Program or app not display on top of work area

I am trying to use my snipping tool. But the snipping tool box is behind the browser window I want to take a snip of. What do I need to do to get it to appear on top? It has something to do a with a display setting but I can't figure out which item. It just not the snipping tool. I;ve notice that anything I want to display on top, I have to mimimize browser to see any app. I don't know how else to explain it. I know it's in a display button just don't know which.

:)

elizabethcrain1, Jul 11, 2019

2. notification area on all display

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding notification area, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right click Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • Untick Show taskbar on all displays; then, Apply.
    • Drag the remaining primary monitor taskbar to the screen you want.
    • Tick Show taskbar on all displays.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Programs Arent Visible In Top Inch of Screen?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

With the issue description, I understand that the programs are not visible on your computer. I will certainly help you in getting this fixed. I would appreciate if you could help me with more information

• When you say “Programs aren’t visible in top inch of screen”, do you mean the programs icon on desktop or top portion of screen within the program?

• Is this issue specific to some programs?

• What is the make & model number of the computer?
    The issue might be occurring because of inappropriate screen resolution or corrupt Graphic/Display drivers. Please follow the below mentioned steps and check if the issue resolves

Method 1:
    Adjust the screen resolution as recommended

Please follow the below mentioned steps to adjust the screen resolution

• Press Windows + X, Click Control Panel

• View all control panel items, Click on
                  Display

• Click on Adjust Resolution in left pane

• Click the drop-down list next to Resolution. Check for the resolution marked (recommended)

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphic/display drivers

Follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver:

Step 1:
    Uninstall the
    Graphic/Display drivers

a) Press “Windows Logo”+
    X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Search for the graphic/display drivers from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select
    that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, you may again open the Device Manager and then click on the “Scan for hardware changes” button at the top of the Device Manager window and check if Windows 10 detects the network devices and installs an
    appropriate driver for it automatically. If that happens, then check if it resolves the issue.

Step 2:
    Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

If the issue occurs due to corrupt Graphic/Display Drivers, then you may refer to the manufactures’ website and install the latest Graphic/Display drivers for the device.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Program or app not display on top of work area

Network Speed test app not working.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the below steps to run app troubleshooter in Windows 10.

• Type troubleshooting in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left in the navigation panel.
    • Click Windows store Apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Program or app not display on top of work area

1. Program or app not display on top of work area - Similar Threads - Program app display

2. display problem small area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display problem small area: display has out of focus icons in just in one spot on the display - it is a rectangle of about 1.5 icons tall and 4 icons wide. - what icon in settings have i pressed or key combinations have i pressed to cause this?- it is apparent it is not a malfunction of the display...
  3. display problem small area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display problem small area: display has out of focus icons in just in one spot on the display - it is a rectangle of about 1.5 icons tall and 4 icons wide. - what icon in settings have i pressed or key combinations have i pressed to cause this?- it is apparent it is not a malfunction of the display...
  4. display problem small area

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Apps Photos, Paint 3D, etc glitch invisible top area

Microsoft Apps Photos, Paint 3D, etc glitch invisible top area: Windows version 21H1 but happened as well in 1809 and 2004.The Photos and Piant 3D apps are so far the only two I noticed this glitch on, they randomly open up with the top bar or top window area missing, invisible, and you cannot click on where the window bar would normally...
  6. Blank area at top of some programs when displayed in Maximized mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Blank area at top of some programs when displayed in Maximized mode: I asked this question back on July 2020, but have updated it and am reposting in hopes that someone knows a solution. Others are experiencing the same problem. The problem manifests itself as a blank area at the top of a maximized window. It occurs Only for certain programs...
  7. Notification area not on main display

Notification area not on main display: I have 3 displays 2 monitors and a TV/HDMI display. In the last week the notification area and Taskbar toolbars have been appearing on the TV display, instead of display #2 which is set as my main display in Display Settings. How can I get the notification area and Taskbar...
  8. Display, some areas faint.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display, some areas faint.: My laptop a Toshiba Satellite L870-18V is about five years old now. My problem is that some areas of my display are sometimes very faint, notably the search bars and also in for example the Settings menu when some line of print are normal and some faint. If I do a full...
  9. Notification area partially displayed

Notification area partially displayed: Hi, Since i've installed windows, i have the following bug ; i can not see all the icons as, i suppose, one row of icons is missing (screenshot below). Is there a way to fix it ? Thank you [ATTACH]...
  10. Notification Area Display Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area Display Problem: On Build 14271 my notification area changed to, Main monitor, [img] Other two monitors, [img] How do i get the main monitor to display the same as the other two (without the two white bars)? 42037

Users found this page by searching for:

1. top inch of programs not displaying