Windows 10: Program or way to find X Y Position on the desktop?

Discus and support Program or way to find X Y Position on the desktop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried looking it up, all I found was a program mentioned in a forum that was called Point Position, but all the download links are dead. I'd be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SolidIcecube, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Program or way to find X Y Position on the desktop?

I tried looking it up, all I found was a program mentioned in a forum that was called Point Position, but all the download links are dead. I'd be grateful for the help Program or way to find X Y Position on the desktop? :)

submitted by /u/SolidIcecube
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SolidIcecube, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

How to prevent desktop icons from changing positions

Hi Stephen,

There are various reasons why you're experiencing the issue. Let us isolate your concern by enabling the
    Auto arrange icons option, and then disabling it to see if the issue will persist. To do this follow these steps:

• Go to the Desktop screen, and then right click anywhere.
    • Hover your mouse on View.
    • Select Auto arrange icons.
    • Restart the computer.
    • After restarting the computer, check if your Desktop icons are still in the right position after clicking the
      Auto arrange icons option.
    • If your Desktop icons are in the right position, repeat steps 1-3 to disable the
      Auto arrange icons option.
    • Customize the position of your Desktop icons.
    • Restart the computer.
    • After restarting the computer, check if the issue will occur.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Argel Obm, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Windows not staying in one position on windows 10

I have tried that but I'm still having the issue after trying that. I recently remembered another program that I am an open source contributor on having the same issue years ago. and it was eventually found that there error causing the same type of drift
    that I'm seeing was cause by a programing error in OnWindowClose() where it was saving the position of the window wrong, and this would cause the window to render in the wrong position. That function was saving the 'rendered' position of the windows and not
    the original 'start' position of the window. So say if a window starts at x,y but since the window(the hidden border not included) is actually rendered starting at x+20,y then when the function saves the position it is using x+20,y instead of x,y(the original
    startposition of the window)

The Dragonmaster, Mar 31, 2020
  4. DrPepper Win User

Program or way to find X Y Position on the desktop?

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Program or way to find X Y Position on the desktop?

1. Program or way to find X Y Position on the desktop? - Similar Threads - Program find Position

2. Is there any way to save window position on program launch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to save window position on program launch?: Hey!I think the best way for me to explain what I want to do and what I need help with is through an example.Let's say you are running Chrome and you are running Mozilla at the same time.Using Aero Snap you can divide your screen to 50% left side and 50% right side and let's...
  3. Is there any way to save window position on program launch?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to save window position on program launch?: Hey!I think the best way for me to explain what I want to do and what I need help with is through an example.Let's say you are running Chrome and you are running Mozilla at the same time.Using Aero Snap you can divide your screen to 50% left side and 50% right side and let's...
  4. Is There a Way to Disable the Autosnap to X and Y When Scrolling While Zoomed in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There a Way to Disable the Autosnap to X and Y When Scrolling While Zoomed in?: When I use the touchpad pinch-zoom to blow up the screen and I move the screen around with two fingers, scrolling up or down locks it to the y axis, scrolling left or right locks it to the x, and scrolling diagonally gives me free movement across axes. Is there a way to...
  5. Is There a Way to Disable the Autosnap to X and Y When Scrolling While Zoomed in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is There a Way to Disable the Autosnap to X and Y When Scrolling While Zoomed in?: When I use the touchpad pinch-zoom to blow up the screen and I move the screen around with two fingers, scrolling up or down locks it to the y axis, scrolling left or right locks it to the x, and scrolling diagonally gives me free movement across axes. Is there a way to...
  6. Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word: Windows 10 version 20H2 Hi folks, my level of knowledge on Word is somewhere above basic but below intermediate. I can get around and usually do the basic things I need. In my current document I want to be able to number the first 10 pages (in a table in the header) Page 1 of...
  7. Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

in Windows 10 Support
    Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word: Windows 10 version 20H2 Hi folks, my level of knowledge on Word is somewhere above basic but below intermediate. I can get around and usually do the basic things I need. In my current document I want to be able to number the first 10 pages (in a table in the header) Page 1 of...
  8. Swap Mouse X-Y Axis

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Swap Mouse X-Y Axis: I previously saw posts asking about how to swap the x-y axis on a mouse from 2020 and ran across this by github project which could help others looking to do that:https://github.com/krog78/MouseInverter...
  9. Adjust desktop position

in Windows 10 Support
    Adjust desktop position: I clean installed Windows 10 for the first time in March 2021. I'm using a 10 years old motherboard with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 32-bit. I was previously on Windows 7 Pro SP1 32-bit. The start menu and taskbar looks correct, but the x-axis coordinates are off. I tested the Chrome...
  10. Desktop icon positions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon positions: Currently my desktop icons are on a fixed grid. I would like to change them back to a custom grid where I can control their position relative to each other. How do I get rid of the fixed grid?...