Windows 10: Program permissions based on User Permissions?

Discus and support Program permissions based on User Permissions? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a windows user that won't open a certain program, but if I change to a different user on the same machine, it will open. The software support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ref_Pro, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Ref_Pro Win User

Program permissions based on User Permissions?

I have a windows user that won't open a certain program, but if I change to a different user on the same machine, it will open. The software support team says there is an issue with the user profile permissions not allowing the program to open fulling under the USER 1 login... which he supports by saying it works with USER 2. Any idea how to fix USER 1 permissions like he's saying? USER 1 is my main profile with everything attached to it... It'd be a pain to try to rebuild it, reinstall programs, etc. ThanksI google app permissions and it goes on about privacy, that's not what I'm talking abou

:)

Ref_Pro, Jul 28, 2021

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jul 28, 2021
  3. Program Permissions for Roommates

We appreciate your response.

If you're still unable to change the permission settings, you may try these steps:

• Right-click on the application or program that you'd like to grant permissions.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on Security > Edit.
    • Under Group or User names, click on the user account name you'd like to have changes with, then tick the
      boxes under Allow.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Rachelle Gra, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Program permissions based on User Permissions?

Program Permissions for Roommates

Hi,

To address your concern with granting program permissions, we suggest the you perform these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Under User Account and Family settings click on Add or remove user account.
    • Click on the user account you'd like to have changes with.
    • Under the user account click on Go to the main User Account page >
      Make changes to your user account > Change security settings.
    • In the "Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more secure" click to unselect the "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer". Click
      OK.
    • You will be prompted to reboot your computer. Do so when ready.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Program permissions based on User Permissions?

1. Program permissions based on User Permissions? - Similar Threads - Program permissions based

2. user permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user permissions: hi. i tried to set permissons on my user account for another drive. it has done all its things but i get a error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-permissions/db724478-68a3-47a6-8059-93a0ae0cbbbb
  3. user permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user permissions: hi. i tried to set permissons on my user account for another drive. it has done all its things but i get a error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-permissions/db724478-68a3-47a6-8059-93a0ae0cbbbb
  4. user permissions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. User Permission issues....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Permission issues....: Yo, I messed up my user permissions to access files..... now if I have to go to properties/security/and all that stuff, every time i want to access a single file..... pls help.. PS: also i cannot see my desktop background...it is in picture option still and my PC...
  6. Full user permission

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Full user permission: Hi, recently i have been getting a bundle of errors and i think are mainly due to permission changes. My user is an admin yet i get an admin has blocked me from doing stuff device manager, services ... meaning cant access mcc exe. Also windows troubleshooters all get an error...
  7. USER PERMISSIONS?

in Windows 10 Customization
    USER PERMISSIONS?: I have been using a sleep apnea data app on Win 10 for several months with no issues. Over the last week or so, the app has become non-functional. I have sought help from the Apnea Board community and have tried numerous fixes with no success. One of the forum advisors...
  8. User Permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Permissions: How do I reset all user permissions to default. I may have accidentally deleted a profile that is needed., Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-permissions/97475d02-2691-484b-ad2a-99bd5e802315
  9. Permissions on network users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions on network users: Since the last update I am unable to access other computers on my home wifi network. The error message says that "you do not have permission to access (a particular computer). Contact administrator to request access." How do I remedy this problem?...
  10. Programs run without user permission.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Programs run without user permission.: I apologize for the text on bad English. I'm not from England. Briefly. I constantly see that the programs are started and run: Calculator, Microsoft Text Input Application, Options, Edge browser, Search. My computer has a daily security update. This is a gaming home...