Windows 10: Program Pinned to Taskbar Keeps Breaking Because Origin File "Moved"...But It Didn't

Discus and support Program Pinned to Taskbar Keeps Breaking Because Origin File "Moved"...But It Didn't in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I'm trying to pin LiveSplit (a timer program) to my taskbar. I pin it down there, and it works fine for a while. But every couple days, it'll just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SableDragonRook, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Program Pinned to Taskbar Keeps Breaking Because Origin File "Moved"...But It Didn't

So I'm trying to pin LiveSplit (a timer program) to my taskbar. I pin it down there, and it works fine for a while. But every couple days, it'll just break. It'll turn into the white sheet icon with the folded corner, and when I try to use it as a shortcut to open LiveSplit, it'll say that LiveSplit has been moved or changed and so the shortcut no longer works.

Except it hasn't. LiveSplit is sitting in the exact same carefully picked spot as always. It's driving me insane having to redo the pinned shortcut, because every time this happens I also have to completely reconfigure all my settings on LiveSplit as well.

Any insight about why it might think that this dang program keeps moving?

submitted by /u/SableDragonRook
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SableDragonRook, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 16, 2020
  3. ariefcfa Win User
    Bitlocker Causes Taskbar Pinned Apps Disappeared

Alright, the problem is the Desktop directory. Rather than force end explorer process which cause another issue, today i found it is better to moved Desktop directory back to C:\Users\username\Desktop and create a symbolic link to keep the desktop files
    secured with Bitlocker.

The steps are:

• Moved back Desktop directory to original location C:\Users\username\Desktop
    • Moved Desktop files to safe location (in this case to D:\username\Desktop)
    • Delete Desktop directory in step-1
    • Create Dekstop directory symbolic link using elevated command prompt:

code:

mklink /D C:\Users\username\Desktop D:\username\Desktop

This way the Taskbar Pinned apps - in my case - not disappeared unlike before.

Thanks

ariefcfa, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Program Pinned to Taskbar Keeps Breaking Because Origin File "Moved"...But It Didn't

Pinning programs to the taskbar

When I pin a program to the taskbar, it does it correctly and the icon is visible and clickable. However, when I click the icon to run the program, the program opens but two icons now become visible on the taskbar: the original pinned program and the
    running program. It does this with Firefox, Musicbee, and almost all of the programs that I pin. Does anyone have a possible solution to this?

BenjaminKitchens, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Program Pinned to Taskbar Keeps Breaking Because Origin File "Moved"...But It Didn't

1. Program Pinned to Taskbar Keeps Breaking Because Origin File "Moved"...But It Didn't - Similar Threads - Program Pinned Taskbar

2. can's move file/folder because it is in use in another program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can's move file/folder because it is in use in another program: Trying to rearrange folders in a drive and get this notice every time. How do I find where it is open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cans-move-filefolder-because-it-is-in-use-in/81e9506e-de4b-4735-8066-c39c31fe614d
  3. can's move file/folder because it is in use in another program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can's move file/folder because it is in use in another program: Trying to rearrange folders in a drive and get this notice every time. How do I find where it is open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cans-move-filefolder-because-it-is-in-use-in/81e9506e-de4b-4735-8066-c39c31fe614d
  4. How to pin a program to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to pin a program to the taskbar: I tried https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/pin-apps-and-folders-to-the-desktop-or-taskbar-f3c749fb-e298-4cf1-adda-7fd635df6bb0#WindowsVersion=Windows_10 but both options described there simply open the program. If the program is already open, it opens a second...
  5. How to pin a program to the taskbar

How to pin a program to the taskbar: I tried https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/pin-apps-and-folders-to-the-desktop-or-taskbar-f3c749fb-e298-4cf1-adda-7fd635df6bb0#WindowsVersion=Windows_10 but both options described there simply open the program. If the program is already open, it opens a second...
  6. Unable to pin programs to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to pin programs to the taskbar: After a system restore I cannot pin programs to the taskbar any more apart from certain Windows programs like the snipping tool, but not explorer.exe for example.I have tried every single solution/suggestion I have found online, but it still won't do it. I have also tried to...
  7. Unable to pin programs to the taskbar

Unable to pin programs to the taskbar: After a system restore I cannot pin programs to the taskbar any more apart from certain Windows programs like the snipping tool, but not explorer.exe for example.I have tried every single solution/suggestion I have found online, but it still won't do it. I have also tried to...
  8. Pinned programs on taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinned programs on taskbar issue: Windows 10 used to keep your pinned programs together between the search bar and currently open programs. How can I get it back like this? Currently, my pinned programs appear on the taskbar but interweaved with whatever programs I have open. If I have a program open that...
  9. Taskbar pinned apps moving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar pinned apps moving: I just got a new computer running Win10 build 1909, and my old computer was running 1709. In 1709 my pinned apps would stay in the order they were pinned. I found this useful as I would use the keyboard shortcuts to open the first 3 pinned apps i.e: Win+1 to open Sticky...
  10. Pinned programs on all taskbars.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pinned programs on all taskbars.: Heya. On Win7 using a program like DisplayFusion you could have pinned programs show on all taskbars while having windows only show on the taskbar for the screen its on. Does anyone know if its possible to do the same in Win10? I know these settings exists but there...