Windows 10: Program refusing to lose focus.

Discus and support Program refusing to lose focus. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I run a small business, we have a pc for receiving orders. We have 2 main programs running, lets say A and B. When an order is received at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Broken.exe, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Program refusing to lose focus.

Hello, I run a small business, we have a pc for receiving orders. We have 2 main programs running, lets say A and B. When an order is received at program A and program B is on focus, the B should normally minimize as the A comes to foreground notifying for the new order. The problem started after the program B got updated by the company who run it, and now, it wont let the program A comes to focus, it jumps on screen for 1 second and then switches back to program B.Is it possible for the program being updated that way so it won't allow any other programs steal it's focus, or is it a windows re

:)

Broken.exe, Oct 19, 2021
  2. compupix Win User

Active Window Loses Focus

Without any mouse action or keyboard action, the currently active window loses focus to another program. This happens about once a day. The newly active window is always the same program. Prior to the last few weeks, I've had no problems with this stealing focus program. I've made no changes to this program since last year!
    The program that loses focus is frequently, but not always, Google Chrome.
    The program the gets focus is always Impact Software Einstime.
    Google Chrome "is up to date" Version 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Einstime 4.7.0000
    Windows 10.0.17763
    Dell Studio XPS 435T/9000

Thanks!

compupix, Oct 19, 2021
  3. Windows loses focus every 3-5 seconds

This focus issue is making it nearly impossible to type anything continually. Windows loses focus every 3-5 seconds, pausing and not typing what I've typed. I can't live with this- any suggestions?

MaryABuchan, Oct 19, 2021
  4. SmetWin10 Win User

Program refusing to lose focus.

Losing focus

Hello,

I have an annoying bug that i could not find an answer for. When i click on de navigation bar in the explorer, First it turns blue what is normal but then it loses his focus somehow. When I open notepad and click inside, the focus switches on and off. When i click on the power off button to select restart, shutdown or sleep, it loses focus on this to so it looks like i pressed esc.
    An other example: when i press 'windows+r' and start typing my focus jumps away and i need to click the textbox again to finish typing.

Things i tried:
    unplugging keyboard, mouse.
    When I start windows in safe mode the problem is not there.
    installing updates

winver: version: 1809 build: 17763.504

- - - Updated - - -

I found the service causing the problem, it's called 'cloudcaputereservice' & 'cloudcapture'
    When i kill those 2 processes the bug stops but it keeps returning when i restart my pc.

SmetWin10, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Program refusing to lose focus.

1. Program refusing to lose focus. - Similar Threads - Program refusing lose

2. Apps losing focus randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first, I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  3. Apps losing focus randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  4. Apps losing focus randomly

Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  5. Program refusing to lose focus.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program refusing to lose focus.: Hello, I run a small business, we have a pc for receiving orders. We have 2 main programs running, lets say A and B. When an order is received at program A and program B is on focus, the B should normally minimize as the A comes to foreground notifying for the new order. The...
  6. Program refusing to lose focus.

Program refusing to lose focus.: Hello, I run a small business, we have a pc for receiving orders. We have 2 main programs running, lets say A and B. When an order is received at program A and program B is on focus, the B should normally minimize as the A comes to foreground notifying for the new order. The...
  7. Losing focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing focus: Hello, I have an annoying bug that i could not find an answer for. When i click on de navigation bar in the explorer, First it turns blue what is normal but then it loses his focus somehow. When I open notepad and click inside, the focus switches on and off. When i click on...
  8. Active Window Loses Focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Active Window Loses Focus: Without any mouse action or keyboard action, the currently active window loses focus to another program. This happens about once a day. The newly active window is always the same program. Prior to the last few weeks, I've had no problems with this stealing focus program. I've...
  9. Programs lose focus/can't be interacted with but, not "not responding"

Programs lose focus/can't be interacted with but, not "not responding": I have a brand new MSI GT72 Dominator Pro G (GT72 6QE aka -034 model). I got it from XoticPC.com, and the only changes were to use IC Diamond thermal compound, to swap out the generic m.2 SSD for a Samsung 850 EVO, and to do a clean Windows 10 install (including drivers) so I...
  10. Losing focus on top window

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing focus on top window: Strange thing has been happening since, I believe last Patch Tuesday (6/09). Context menus and message boxes don't stay "focused" (on top) if I move the cursor out of the window. Can hover/click on taskbar icon to get back on screen, but as soon as I move the cursor, it's...