Windows 10: program running when windows starts but not show in task manager

Discus and support program running when windows starts but not show in task manager in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, my English is not really good but I was wondering. I got my pc 3 months ago with windows 10 until today everything seems fine but there is some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cuddle Beam, Sep 18, 2021.

1. program running when windows starts but not show in task manager

Hi, my English is not really good but I was wondering. I got my pc 3 months ago with windows 10 until today everything seems fine but there is some program that runs every time when windows start but it did not show in task manager in the startup section. I tried to find the solution but had no clue. can anyone help me? pleaseBig thanks from the little girl.

:)

Cuddle Beam, Sep 18, 2021
  2. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Sep 18, 2021
  3. z10556 Win User
    Task Manager not running

I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7
    The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or
    recently run file
    are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ?

z10556, Sep 18, 2021
  4. program running when windows starts but not show in task manager

running programs in task manager

We've had lots of problems since the Windows 10 upgrade. Reinstalled W10 and still the start menu disappeared after 2 weeks. Then upgrading to the anniversary version restored missing start menu, but I'm not holding breath on that one. I've now arranged
    shortcuts to make my own start menu right on the desktop just in case. However, these are the current problems:

• Task manager won't run programs. If I type in a program to run, all I get is a message saying "Windows does not recognize (name of program)" It does this for everything.
    • Photoshop Version 7 will not open since anniversary upgrade. (Click on icon -in start menu, on shortcut, on task bar, in task manager...anywhere-and zero happens) & folders looks empty if viewed in task manager. It worked fine before the latest upgrade.
      However, if I go into the OS programs, the files are all still there. It's still in the start menu. I have tried everything including right clicking and running as administrator. Photoshop works fine on another old laptop with previous Windows 10 version installed
      from online upgrade.
    • Photoshop won't even load onto son's brand new laptop which has the same Windows 10 version as old laptop.
    • Ditto Photoshop Premier Elements 7.0
    • Contact support app does not open-it just pops up and then disappears. I'd like to get rid of it but there is no uninstall.
    • Cortana... oh, what can I say? Big waste of time and space? It does not work and I would like to get rid of it.

Greyhairedoldlady, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

program running when windows starts but not show in task manager

1. program running when windows starts but not show in task manager - Similar Threads - program running starts

2. Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar: Hi,I'm trying to run an application on a new Windows 11 machine with x64 architecture, but when I run it, it fails to display on the taskbar or the screen even though it is running according to Task Manager. When starting the application, it prompts me for access to make...
  3. Programs not opening but show on task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not opening but show on task manager: This has been persisting on my computer for a while now and it's affecting a few of my applications. When I click on some programs, it just won't open. But I look at task manager and see that it's running in the background.I have looked at many resources about this and tried...
  4. Programs not opening but show on task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs not opening but show on task manager: This has been persisting on my computer for a while now and it's affecting a few of my applications. When I click on some programs, it just won't open. But I look at task manager and see that it's running in the background.I have looked at many resources about this and tried...
  5. Programs not opening but show on task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. "Start" process running in task manager?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Start" process running in task manager?: hello, i was downloading some things to my computer today and i noticed i suddenly have a process running in my task manager that's just labeled "Start", it doesn't seem to be using up too much of my memory and it isn't impacting my CPU, but i've never seen this before, can...
  7. Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs: Hello, I have already created a empty "Startup" Folder in "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" I go to task manager nothing shows up. I have also tried putting Shortcuts inside the new "Startup" Folder. Thank you....
  8. What is this: "Program" running in task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this: "Program" running in task Manager: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PsychedelicPistachio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/en91f0/what_is_this/
  9. Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!!: Since earlier today I have noticed two strange processes running in my Task Manager and it has made me quite worried as I have never seen these tasks before and am unable to find any information regarding them only and was wondering if anyone could help me identify what they...
  10. Unwanted programs starting (no Task Manager)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unwanted programs starting (no Task Manager): Whenever I start Windows 10, early on in the boot cycle I get a Firefox Window. As the system continues to initialize the Firefox window slowly come to life, though sometimes not fully. I've checked all the obvious places, Task Manager, c;\users\user_name\AppData\Roaming...