Windows 10: Program runs OK in W10 Pro but not in Home

Discus and support Program runs OK in W10 Pro but not in Home in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I created a few programs using gfortran in Windows 10 Pro, where they work well, but when I transferred the .exe files to my W10 Home laptop they all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlanTurk, Aug 26, 2020.

1. AlanTurk Win User

Program runs OK in W10 Pro but not in Home

I created a few programs using gfortran in Windows 10 Pro, where they work well, but when I transferred the .exe files to my W10 Home laptop they all failed to start. I've tried a few ideas, such as compatibility with earlier Windows versions, but no success. Where should I look to discover the reason?

:)

AlanTurk, Aug 26, 2020

2. Program that runs on W10 Home will not run on W10 Pro

Does anyone have any suggestions that might help me resolve an issue with an application that installs and runs fine on Windows 10 Home edition V1709 but will not install on Windows Pro V1803? I have tried all the Run in Compatibility options and none
    of them will work. W10 Home is not one of the options for compatibility. Not even the compatibility tester will work against this program.

SuzanneBell1, Aug 26, 2020
  3. moving W10 Pro license to another computer running W10 Home

I am a long time W10 Insider.

I had a Gateway NV79 running W10 Pro and it bellied up with on board battery issues and is non functional.

I want to move that Pro License to another W10 machine running home.

What are the steps/

Thanks,

Norm Weed

NormanWeed, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Program runs OK in W10 Pro but not in Home

0x80070057 when trying to run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter in Windows 10

Hi Paul,

For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to get additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are the programs already installed on your computer?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    If you're still trying to install the programs, we suggest changing the compatibility mode of the installers before installing the programs. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click AOL Desktop installer or Facebook Gameroom.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    • Click the drop-down option and select any Windows previous version.
    • Check Run this program as an administrator.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Try to install the program using the installer.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Program runs OK in W10 Pro but not in Home

1. Program runs OK in W10 Pro but not in Home - Similar Threads - Program runs W10

2. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  3. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  4. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro: I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade...
  6. Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro

Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro: I am thinking about upgrading to W10 Pro but I have a question. I have 3 computers and they are all about 7 years old so in your opinion would this update be beneficial or should I just buy a new one. Thanks 162616
  7. Help on running a VPN on W10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help on running a VPN on W10 Home: The laptop is set up to have two local accounts and an administrator account. I have Norton AV and VPN installed. When in the administrator account I can see Norton VPN in the hidden icon tray but it's not visible in the two local accounts. What I would like to get confirmed,...
  8. Network connectivity between PC's running W10 pro and home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network connectivity between PC's running W10 pro and home: I have 3 PC's, all running the same version of windows 10 1909 except 2 are 'Pro' 1 is 'Home' The problem is that although both Pro versions can access shared folders on any of the 3 machines, the one running 'home' cannot access shared folders on the other 2. When clicking...
  9. Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?

Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?: I'm needing a workable procdure for this upgrade. Since its been a long time since I purchased a NEW manufactured system (usually build all my own desktops), I know little in what form the machine will be in at power up. Some history first: I have just purchased a Lenovo...
  10. W10-pro shows W7-home but NOT W10-home in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10-pro shows W7-home but NOT W10-home in Explorer: My W10-pro desktop does not show the W10-home on the multiboot laptop in Explorer whatever setting I use but it showed W7-home on that laptop as soon as I switched to it. I can Ping the laptop both in W7-home and W10-home. W10-home on the laptop however showes all shared...