Windows 10: Program says I don't have priviliges to run it even on admin account

Discus and support Program says I don't have priviliges to run it even on admin account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using visual studio code normally for about two months, but today, when I want to launch it, I get an error message: (rough translation)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Haanicz, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Haanicz Win User

Program says I don't have priviliges to run it even on admin account

I have been using visual studio code normally for about two months, but today, when I want to launch it, I get an error message: (rough translation) "Windows does not have access to the selected device or file. You probably don't have permission to access it". I am on the admin account. My version of windows is 17763.678.

:)

Haanicz, Mar 25, 2020

2. Hidden Admin Account Infected - Help

Somehow my windows 7 hidden admin account got infected. I cannot open regedit, task manager or any virus program.. in fact.. most programs wont work.. but my regular everyday account is fine.

The problem is this: I have been infected in my regular account before.. and running virus tools from my hidden admin account fixes them.. but I cannot do the reverse now because my regular account doesn't have access to my admin account.

I know what the virus is.. its a rouge antivirus.. it mostly annoying.. Programs do open up for a split second before this rouge antivirus program closes it again and then lies and gives me a message that says, " Cannot open this program, the program is infected" LOL

Its putting a lot of adware on my system but not crippling it.. but only in the admin account.

What are your ideas?

John Phoenix, Mar 25, 2020
  3. PANDIT G. Win User
    Admin account locked

My admin account is locked don,t know how to unlock but have a standard user to login please suggest can I do something from normal user to unlock the admin account.

PANDIT G., Mar 25, 2020
  4. Program says I don't have priviliges to run it even on admin account

Security Priviliges

How do I assign system priviliges to my Admin Account?

Jimmy RayClemons, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Program says I don't have priviliges to run it even on admin account

1. Program says I don't have priviliges to run it even on admin account - Similar Threads - Program says don't

2. I have an Admin account, yet I don't have access to terminate certain programs in the Task...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have an Admin account, yet I don't have access to terminate certain programs in the Task...: Hello, as you can see on these two pictures, I have the necessary privileges yet I can't close the frozen Antimalware Service Executable program, why is that? Before you ask, this is just ONE among many programs I can't exit due to this error message, its not entirely related...
  3. I have an Admin account, yet I don't have access to terminate certain programs in the Task...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an Admin account, yet I don't have access to terminate certain programs in the Task...: Hello, as you can see on these two pictures, I have the necessary privileges yet I can't close the frozen Antimalware Service Executable program, why is that? Before you ask, this is just ONE among many programs I can't exit due to this error message, its not entirely related...
  4. I have an Admin account, yet I don't have access to terminate certain programs in the Task...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can not run installation program, says admin blocking but I am admin and have blocked nothing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not run installation program, says admin blocking but I am admin and have blocked nothing: Hello, I tried to refresh the install of a email program I use called Eudora. When I double clicked the install file I get a red box pop up telling me that the admin has blocked installation of this program. I am the admin and my user account is set to full admin...
  6. Having to run every program as admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having to run every program as admin: Hello, I noticed that the only program that runs without admin is the browser, for every other program I have to manually run as admin, otherwise it will not open no matter how many times I click on it, I've had this issue before and it only went away once I reinstalled...
  7. How do I give access to a program without admin priviliges?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I give access to a program without admin priviliges?: So my father put parental control on my computer a few mounts ago. He got rid of it because of the quarantine but he won't tell me the admin password or give access to any programs that I am trying to install, which is so freaking annoying. I am now trying to give access to a...
  8. Programs running in Buit in Admin account but not in User Account having admin privileges

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs running in Buit in Admin account but not in User Account having admin privileges: Hi Support Team I am facing an issue for programs running properly in Built in Admin User Account however not in Self created User account having admin privileges. This issue occurs with many programs like 1. i Have to run many programs Setups .exe through cmd as...
  9. Problems with my account saying its an admin account, but i still have to run as admin for...

Problems with my account saying its an admin account, but i still have to run as admin for...: My brother put in a new SSD into my pc and then tried to move my desktop and my OSto launch from the SSD onto it. And now most things wont start correctly or start at all with out me doing run as administrator, and even actions like starting up discord, will only start the...
  10. Don't have access to admin account.

Don't have access to admin account.: I recently got a new computer from a friend of mine at school (it runs windows 10). I was able to login to his account but i cannot wipe or add accounts because his fathers account is admin. I have tried to add the built in admin through the command screen but it gives me an...