Windows 10: Program says I don't have priviliges to run it even on admin account

Discus and support Program says I don't have priviliges to run it even on admin account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using visual studio code normally for about two months, but today, when I want to launch it, I get an error message: (rough translation)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Haanicz, Mar 25, 2020 at 1:12 PM.

1. Haanicz Win User

Program says I don't have priviliges to run it even on admin account

I have been using visual studio code normally for about two months, but today, when I want to launch it, I get an error message: (rough translation) "Windows does not have access to the selected device or file. You probably don't have permission to access it". I am on the admin account. My version of windows is 17763.678.

:)

2. Hidden Admin Account Infected - Help

Somehow my windows 7 hidden admin account got infected. I cannot open regedit, task manager or any virus program.. in fact.. most programs wont work.. but my regular everyday account is fine.

The problem is this: I have been infected in my regular account before.. and running virus tools from my hidden admin account fixes them.. but I cannot do the reverse now because my regular account doesn't have access to my admin account.

I know what the virus is.. its a rouge antivirus.. it mostly annoying.. Programs do open up for a split second before this rouge antivirus program closes it again and then lies and gives me a message that says, " Cannot open this program, the program is infected" LOL

Its putting a lot of adware on my system but not crippling it.. but only in the admin account.

What are your ideas?

John Phoenix, Mar 25, 2020 at 1:17 PM
  3. PANDIT G. Win User
    Admin account locked

My admin account is locked don,t know how to unlock but have a standard user to login please suggest can I do something from normal user to unlock the admin account.

4. Program says I don't have priviliges to run it even on admin account

Security Priviliges

How do I assign system priviliges to my Admin Account?

Jimmy RayClemons, Mar 25, 2020 at 1:17 PM
Thema:

Program says I don't have priviliges to run it even on admin account

1. Program says I don't have priviliges to run it even on admin account - Similar Threads - Program says don't

2. Problems with my account saying its an admin account, but i still have to run as admin for...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with my account saying its an admin account, but i still have to run as admin for...: My brother put in a new SSD into my pc and then tried to move my desktop and my OSto launch from the SSD onto it. And now most things wont start correctly or start at all with out me doing run as administrator, and even actions like starting up discord, will only start the...
  3. I reinstalled my windows and even though it says the version is 1909 I don't have the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I reinstalled my windows and even though it says the version is 1909 I don't have the...: Any help or solution please? I tried updating manually but it says everytime that my windows is up to date sigh submitted by /u/Gemini_Alien [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eoeqpe/i_reinstalled_my_windows_and_even_though_it_says/
  4. Programs not running unless run as admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not running unless run as admin: So its like worst case . From 1 year i m from this problem . And from my experience i introduce that this problem ( application not running like edge , task manager , regedit an all unless they runned as admin ) occurs because of installing applications from d drive (in my...
  5. Says I don't have activation code.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Says I don't have activation code.: Hello, Recently I was trying to upgrade from windows 10 home to pro with a product key I had lying around. But It didn't work and now I have it says I have need to activate it my device cam with a windows 10 key pre imputed my pc is a xps 13 9630...
  6. Microsoft store keeps saying that I don't have any applicable devices even though I have

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store keeps saying that I don't have any applicable devices even though I have: Yesterday I joined the 14 day trial Xbox Game Pass and I installed Sea of Thives with some problems but at least it worked.The next morning I turn on my pc and try to install another game,Rocket League,and even though my Microsoft store keep saying I don't have internet...
  7. Don't have access to admin account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Don't have access to admin account.: I recently got a new computer from a friend of mine at school (it runs windows 10). I was able to login to his account but i cannot wipe or add accounts because his fathers account is admin. I have tried to add the built in admin through the command screen but it gives me an...
  8. Why can't I run any programs as admin even though I am the admin!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can't I run any programs as admin even though I am the admin!!!: When I logged on to my computer I went to go run task manager for something and nothing happened. I thought it was weird so I tried to run device manager so see if that would launch and still nothing. I then began to launch other programs and those all ran normally but when...
  9. I want a program to only run as user, not with my admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want a program to only run as user, not with my admin account: I have a program, BOINC in this instance, that I want to run only when I log in as a user, I do not want it to run when I log in as admin. is this possible? the program is up and running now but runs in both accounts. I use my admin account to do banking only and the user...
  10. Error says I don't have access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error says I don't have access: I'm trying to install a program and each time I get an error message which says "IPersistFile::Save failed, code0x80070005. Access Denied" So I googled the code and is basically says that I have misconfigured system files and to download a repair tool which I can't get to...