Windows 10: Program specific GPU selection

Discus and support Program specific GPU selection in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My setup consists of a 3080 and a quadro p2000. I'm trying to get the p2000 to work with a CAD program (SolidWorks), but every time I boot the program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RazerCertified, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Program specific GPU selection

My setup consists of a 3080 and a quadro p2000. I'm trying to get the p2000 to work with a CAD program (SolidWorks), but every time I boot the program it always defaults to the 3080. The only way to run off the p2000 is to disconnect the 3080 completely. Even if there are no display cables plugged in the program still defaults to the 3080, which I didn't think was possible. Does anyone know if I can set the p2000 to run SolidWorks?

submitted by /u/RazerCertified
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RazerCertified, Apr 14, 2021
  2. keyvis Win User

Select GPU to use by specific applications

I've said that I've tried it, and explained that for me specific GPUs are not available to select there. I have only available Power Saving and High Performance presets there that are set for the same GFX card (GeForce GTX 1060) for me,
    that is system default too. In NVidia on AMD settings you can only switch between integrated and dedicated GFX card, not between 2 cards especially from 2 different vendors. So, how to assign different GFX card to Power Saving preset? Or how to unlock option
    to select specific GFX card there besides those 2 presets?

keyvis, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Zeond1987 Win User
    Is there a way to force a program to use a secondary GPU?

I have 2 GPU's (Nvidia GTX 970 and 1080) and I want to force a program to use the 1080 for certain programs/games. Going to Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings should give me the option to switch GPU's. Unfortunately it does not list both of my GPU's
    nor does it allow me to change to another one, only the default GPU is chosen (the 970). This is a desktop computer and I have tried the Nvidia control panel and UEFI settings without much luck. If I tried selecting a program to run on my 1080 (through the
    Nvidia control panel), it would still run it on the 970. I have tried switching the GPU's around with not much luck there either. If I can suggest to Microsoft the option in the Graphics Settings to list both GPU's for selection, that would be great. Otherwise
    I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Zeond1987, Apr 14, 2021
  4. keyvis Win User

Program specific GPU selection

Select GPU to use by specific applications

I want to use NVidia card for games and AMD card for "desktop" app (especially Streamlab OBS). This way I can have uncapped FPS in games, without scene composition degradation in Streamlabs OBS near to 100% GPU usage, that is a typical problem with only
    a single GFX card: it's east to do with dedicated + integrated GTX card, but should be also possible with 2 dedicated GFX cards. I've checked that Windows graphics stack support it, by writing a small application that selects to run on 2nd (AMD) GPU by itself,
    and all was working perfectly fine. I just need find a way of changing default GPU for applications that don't have an option to select it, so probably something like 99% of applications.

About NVidia Optimus configuration: you should have this option available in "base" NVidia Control Panel, when selecting settings for specific applications (3D Settings -> Manage 3D settings -> Program Settings -> Select the preferred graphics processor
    for this program).

keyvis, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Program specific GPU selection

1. Program specific GPU selection - Similar Threads - Program specific GPU

2. Real GPU selection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Real GPU selection.: In windows 10 I have two GPUs. I want to manually select which one is used for what app. Here is the problem though. Windows by itself decides that the very same GPU is both most performant and most power efficient. So the option to pick GPU in display > graphics settings is...
  3. Real GPU selection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Real GPU selection.: In windows 10 I have two GPUs. I want to manually select which one is used for what app. Here is the problem though. Windows by itself decides that the very same GPU is both most performant and most power efficient. So the option to pick GPU in display > graphics settings is...
  4. Real GPU selection.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. GPU selection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU selection: Hi I was wondering to get a Graphics card but I don't particularly know which brand to get.CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME LIKE SOME THE BEST GPU BRANDS Can someone please help me?...
  6. Multi-GPU, unable to set specific GPU for applications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multi-GPU, unable to set specific GPU for applications?: I have both an Nvidia RTX 3080 and an RTX 2070 in my system. When I go to "Graphics Settings" and I attempt to select applications, it only shows the 3080 for both "power saving" and "high performance." How am I supposed to be able to specify which GPU is going to be used for...
  7. Forcing a application to run on a specific gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Forcing a application to run on a specific gpu: I've posted this elsewhere but there's no harm in putting here as well So i got two gpus in my setup. One is a 2g nvida gt610 and the other is a 4g nvida gt730. Most stuff launches on the 610 but i want some stuff to run on the 730. The 730 sometimes has issues so i don't...
  8. specific screen resolutions for specific programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    specific screen resolutions for specific programs: on previous versions of windows, one could choose the screen resolution for specific programs or apps. I cant find it in windows10, all I can find in it's place is one screen resolution option "640 x 480" and after a long time of searching for other ways to do this, it's too...
  9. Selecting default GPU on a desktop

Selecting default GPU on a desktop: I recently bought a Ryzen 5 3400G with the intent of using its integrated GPU for normal desktop usage and less demanding games, while I continue to use my significantly more power-hungry Vega 64 to run the more demanding games. While it's worked better than I expected for...
  10. Select GPU to use by specific applications

Select GPU to use by specific applications: have 2 GFX cards installed: GeForce GTX 1060 and Radeon HD 7850. Both are working fine as I plugged in different monitors to different cards to be sure about it. I want to force some applications to use Radeon HD 7850 instead of GeForce GTX 1060, but I can't find a way to do...