Windows 10: Program starts automatically.

Discus and support Program starts automatically. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; why last application ( Excel or word ) which was running starts automatically when i start my computer again after shut down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Pankaj.B.Rathod, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Program starts automatically.

why last application ( Excel or word ) which was running starts automatically when i start my computer again after shut down.

:)

Pankaj.B.Rathod, Dec 19, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jan 6, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Program starts automatically. :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jan 6, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

Program starts automatically.

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Program starts automatically.

1. Program starts automatically. - Similar Threads - Program starts automatically

2. Program does not start automatically at boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program does not start automatically at boot: windows 10 pro, version 10.0.19041, latest updatesI have a program that should start automatically at boot, but it does not start. I have to start it manually after each boot. The program is listed in the Startup tab of Task Manager. How do I figure out why it isn't started...
  3. Program started by task scheduler does not automatically gain focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Program started by task scheduler does not automatically gain focus: Hi. I have a PC I want to open Kodi as soon as it boots up. I used task scheduler to accomplish this, but Kodi loses focus to the start bar immediately. How can I make Kodi take focus? Thanks --- EditionWindows 10 Home Version20H2 Installed on‎16/‎08/‎2020 OS...
  4. How to run a program automatically when another program starts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to run a program automatically when another program starts?: Hi I have a .exe which I want to be run automatically when I manually run another program I play League of Legends and I want to prevent myself from typing (helps me improve my mood), so I have an Autohotkey script which basically disables my Enter key when I'm in-game. I...
  5. Make program start automatically

Make program start automatically: Greetings, Please let me know if there is a more appropriate forum. I would like to have a command script .cmd run automatically, making sure: 1. The program doesn't start until the user logs in 2. The program doesn't start for other users I thought I could use the...
  6. Some programs starting automatically after restarting the PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Some programs starting automatically after restarting the PC: why last application Excel or word which was running starts automatically when i start my computer again after shut down. ***Original title: Program starts automatically.***...
  7. Preventing Programs/Process from starting automatically in Windows 10

Preventing Programs/Process from starting automatically in Windows 10: There are several programs/processes that start automatically in my Windows 10 (example: Skype, Microsoft Store). How do I prevent programs/processes from starting automatically? They are not listed in the startup tab in Task Manager. Thanks for your help!...
  8. startup not showing a specific program although that program automatically starts anyway.

startup not showing a specific program although that program automatically starts anyway.: I run Windows 10. Maybe 6 months ago I put Firefox.exe in my startup folder (running shell:startup). From then on, whenever I booted Windows, Firefox would start, just as I wanted it to. About a month ago, Firefox didn't start up when I booted my machine. So, I started it...
  9. Programs automatically starting when I boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs automatically starting when I boot: Hi chaps, I'm having a strange problem of Internet Explorer launching automatically when I boot. Not only that but I've found my Gog Galaxy program, (a game download client) automatically start up too. In the case of Galaxy I have Launch at boot unticked. I used...
  10. A couple of q's - startup programs automatically and broken start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A couple of q's - startup programs automatically and broken start menu: Hello, I'm trying to run programs upon boot in W10 but it doesn't work. I have put them in Start folder and if I go to Task manager I can see the programs are there as well in Startup tab and enabled...but they will not start. I have to manually launch them anyway. I...