Windows 10: Program starts (Chrome, Firefox, Teamspeak) take around 5 seconds of time

Discus and support Program starts (Chrome, Firefox, Teamspeak) take around 5 seconds of time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/granatapfel93 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/granatapfel93, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Program starts (Chrome, Firefox, Teamspeak) take around 5 seconds of time

/u/granatapfel93, Jun 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Chrome and firefox are not working

This helped me with Chrome but not with Firefox.

I opened Control Panel>Troubleshooting>Programs>Advanced, Run as Administrator and then went through the steps. My problem was the Chrome wouldn't start at all, so I went through the steps and it asks what program you're having problems with, I chose Google
    Chrome, it'll go through a short diagnostic and then give you the option of Troubleshoot Program & then it gives a list of problems. I chose the first one: This program worked in earlier versions.... then click next, I clicked Windows 7, then next and it did
    it's little fix. I tested and Chrome opened up just fine.

No such luck for Firefox, though.

MarkLaFrance, Jun 8, 2020
  3. keith72x Win User
    Windows 10 - Chrome & Firefox unable to start

Hi Jestina,

Thank you for your suggestions
    I tried both methods the SFC did find a minor error that was corrected The DISM tool also found an error that was corrected .
    I ran both tests again no errors were found the second time.

However, Chrome and Firefox and the original game still do not run. Addition programs Adobe reader Samsung Kies 3, Spotify, Quick Time will also not run , although iTunes works.

All the Windows apps work. I uninstalled Firefox and downloaded a new copy that would not install

I do not get any error messages except for the browser C:\ Program File (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\Chrome.exe Server execution failed.

I have also created a new account but still have the sane problems

Any assistance you can offer me will be greatly appreciated

Regards
    Keith

keith72x, Jun 8, 2020
  4. cheesy999 Win User

Program starts (Chrome, Firefox, Teamspeak) take around 5 seconds of time

Google Chrome Overtakes Mozilla Firefox in Browser Market-share: StatCounter

That's why i started using chrome a while ago, i know there is always an extension to do something in Firefox, but at the end of the day i prefer it if the browser just happens to include these features.

There are other things that pushed me to chrome as well
    • Firefox 4-6 were full of bugs
    • The add-ons have to be updated manually in firefox
    • Google chrome will synchronise every single setting in the browser including the add-ons i have across all of my computers without a single add-on needed (to do the synchronisation of course, i still use them for other things)
    • Chrome works faster for me
    • Chrome has that brilliant start page
    • I could go on all day, there aren't any massive things Firefox is missing, it's all the small things it's missing that add up and make Google chrome better.

cheesy999, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Program starts (Chrome, Firefox, Teamspeak) take around 5 seconds of time

1. Program starts (Chrome, Firefox, Teamspeak) take around 5 seconds of time - Similar Threads - Program starts Chrome

2. The mspaint and photoshop programs take a long time to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The mspaint and photoshop programs take a long time to start: I noticed that the above programs are running with a lag of exactly 2 minutes. Processor during this time does not load the word completely Cycles in CPU does not increase. How is it possible to find out what is wrong? There are suspicions that it may be either the video card...
  3. The mspaint and photoshop programs take a long time to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The mspaint and photoshop programs take a long time to start: I noticed that the above programs are running with a lag of exactly 2 minutes. Processor during this time does not load the word completely Cycles in CPU does not increase. How is it possible to find out what is wrong? There are suspicions that it may be either the video card...
  4. Windows menu takes 5 seconds to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows menu takes 5 seconds to open: I'm tired of this now. I've tried dozens of "solutions" but the problem still persists. About every other time I click the Start menu button, the menu takes 5 seconds before it appears, every other time it's instant, like it should be. During those seconds I can't do anything...
  5. Windows menu takes 5 seconds to open

Windows menu takes 5 seconds to open: I'm tired of this now. I've tried dozens of "solutions" but the problem still persists. About every other time I click the Start menu button, the menu takes 5 seconds before it appears, every other time it's instant, like it should be. During those seconds I can't do anything...
  6. Chrome/Firefox not starting and Windows Update not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome/Firefox not starting and Windows Update not working: Hi, Since this morning, I'm having some issues with Windows 10. Chrome wouldn't start and Firefox just displayed an error reporting window. I tried uninstall, reboot, reinstall for both. Didn't help. I noticed there were a couple small updates available, as well as a...
  7. Firefox and chrome close on start-up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firefox and chrome close on start-up.: Hi, on my PC which has run fine for years, chrome has started refusing to work. A quick shit flash where the tab would be appears for less than a second, but disappears after. Chrome has no crash reports so I tried on Firefox. Exactly the same. Does anyone have any clue what...
  8. How to take full webpage screenshot in Chrome & Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    How to take full webpage screenshot in Chrome & Firefox: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Chrome and Firefox are not only popular because they are fast but also because they are readily customizable. Example, you can configure these browsers to take or capture a full webpage screenshot. So. Let’s see how to capture a full [...] This post How to...
  9. My peripherals randomly freeze for around 5 seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My peripherals randomly freeze for around 5 seconds.: Here's what happens. Everything connected to my computer pauses or glitches for about 5 seconds. My mouse stops working. The RGB effect on my keyboard freezes. Audio stops working or starts glitching. Video freezes, or sometimes will continue working. I can usually hear one...
  10. Programs Take a Few Seconds to Start

Programs Take a Few Seconds to Start: Over the past few weeks I've noticed that when I launch programs (no matter what it is) it takes about 5 seconds to appear. For example, I use VLC media player for videos; music; etc. If I launch it (whether just the program or directly via a file) it won't appear for a few...