Windows 10: Program Still in Program Files (x86) but No Longer Present in Programs and Features for...

Discus and support Program Still in Program Files (x86) but No Longer Present in Programs and Features for... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 1. I installed Dropbox. 2. I accidentally deleted some of its folders in Program Files (x86). 3. I realized I made a mistake and tried to uninstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by fmba27, Nov 19, 2019.

1. fmba27 Win User

Program Still in Program Files (x86) but No Longer Present in Programs and Features for...

1. I installed Dropbox.

2. I accidentally deleted some of its folders in Program Files (x86).

3. I realized I made a mistake and tried to uninstall it in Control Panel and Apps and Features, but upon clicking on Dropbox for uninstallation, a dialogue box tells me Dropbox could no longer be located, and Windows automatically removes it from the list of programs.

4. I try to select Dropbox in the start menu to uninstall it, but each time, it directs me to the Control Panel Programs where it could no longer be found.

5. Dropbox is still working, still searchable in start, and is still in the Program Files folder but is no longer in the App and Features or even the Control panel, so I can't uninstall it anymore. Program Still in Program Files (x86) but No Longer Present in Programs and Features for... 2c64947c-db0c-4009-ad87-d402465d9518?upload=true.png

Program Still in Program Files (x86) but No Longer Present in Programs and Features for... 150b6d8b-625b-47e6-a14f-de11c109325e?upload=true.png Program Still in Program Files (x86) but No Longer Present in Programs and Features for... 025add76-7d70-4fbc-b38f-cbbcf4202a39?upload=true.png

Program Still in Program Files (x86) but No Longer Present in Programs and Features for... 253fb7ab-7718-4fc2-a768-236e9b4a7977?upload=true.png 6. How do I uninstall dropbox then when I can't uninstall it from the apps and features and control panel and when I can't right click and select uninstall (because it redirects me to the control panel but I can't uninstall it from there)?

:)

fmba27, Nov 19, 2019

2. Open With not showing "Program Files (x86)" In list

Hi there,

I am running Windows 10 1709

I am trying to change the default program but when I click on Open With the list of folders no longer shows "Program files (x86)"

The folder "Program Files" is shown.

So I can no longer use a 32bit Program as a new default program.

How do I fix this?

Yours faithfully,

David C. Findlay, Nov 19, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    program files and program files x86

Hi louandtootsosmundson

The Program Files folder and the Program Files (x86) folders must be kept separate to avoid conflicts

Window will automatically handle those folders, placing 64bit applications in the Program Files Folder and 32bit applications in the Program Files (x86) folder

DaveM121, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Program Still in Program Files (x86) but No Longer Present in Programs and Features for...

program files and program files x86

what If I mixed program files and program files x86

louandtootsosmundson, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Program Still in Program Files (x86) but No Longer Present in Programs and Features for...

1. Program Still in Program Files (x86) but No Longer Present in Programs and Features for... - Similar Threads - Program Still Program

2. Uninstalled Programs still showing in Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled Programs still showing in Programs and Features: Hi all,old Photoshop /Bridge version from 2021 still showing in Programs and Features. These versions are from 2021 and long gone/uninstalled / not listed in Creative Cloud, as old versions automatically are uninstalled when a new version comes out.Initiating the "Uninstall"...
  3. Uninstalled Programs still showing in Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled Programs still showing in Programs and Features: Hi all,old Photoshop /Bridge version from 2021 still showing in Programs and Features. These versions are from 2021 and long gone/uninstalled / not listed in Creative Cloud, as old versions automatically are uninstalled when a new version comes out.Initiating the "Uninstall"...
  4. Installing Programs into "Mock" Program Files (x86)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Programs into "Mock" Program Files (x86)?: So I've been doing this for three years now without ever stopping to ask if it was a smart idea. I have a laptop that came with a 256 GB SSD (the C: drive onto which Windows was installed) and a 1TB SSHD (which came defined as the D: drive). I noticed the C: drive was getting...
  5. Duplicate installations in Program Files and Program Files (x86)

Duplicate installations in Program Files and Program Files (x86): I have a x64 PC, can I delete the duplicate installations of programs in Program Files (x86) that are also installed in Program Files? 157505
  6. Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86)

Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86): I just installed a software package published by a company that caters mainly to Mac users and (in my opinion) really doesn't understand Windows well. By default, their installer (install.exe) chooses C:\Program Files(x86)\xyz as the install directory, where let's say xyz is...
  7. Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86)

in Windows 10 Support
    Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86): I just installed a software package published by a company that caters mainly to Mac users and (in my opinion) really doesn't understand Windows well. By default, their installer (install.exe) chooses C:\Program Files(x86)\xyz as the install directory, where let's say xyz is...
  8. program files and program files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    program files and program files x86: what If I mixed program files and program files x86 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-files-and-program-files-x86/0e6ed22e-7f14-4bea-ba3c-65079ee7a563"
  9. Can't delete Programs files and program files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete Programs files and program files x86: I am trying to change what disk i am using so i copied over the program files and program files x86 but i can't delete the old it just says file is still open but nothing else is open...
  10. Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?: Hi, I was wondering how important the two mentioned folders are when installing a software. I know most programs suggest being installed to one of them, but it is really necessary? What happens if I choose another folder? I use the game client Steam for example. It...