Windows 10: Program suddenly gone?

Discus and support Program suddenly gone? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there Today I‘ve started my computer as usual and then I‘ve noticed that Mozilla Thunderbird was gone. It was pinned on the taskbar, but today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lazo1337, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Program suddenly gone?

Hello there

Today I‘ve started my computer as usual and then I‘ve noticed that Mozilla Thunderbird was gone. It was pinned on the taskbar, but today it was gone, completely vanished from the system. Firefox on the other hand remained untouched. My first thought was that maybe I‘ve gotten a Virus or something similar which was interrupting. A full system check with Windows Security had no positive results. After that I thought maybe Windows Update was messing around, but no. I‘ve sent some emails a few days ago and the last update was before I‘ve sent these mails, which would mean that it has nothing to do with updates.

Does anybody have any idea what the cause of this could be?

Thanks

submitted by /u/Lazo1337
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lazo1337, Feb 1, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 1, 2020
  3. jumanji Win User
    External HDD visable but suddenly gone unreadable

Continuing .....

Note: The disk I am using for the screenshots is 750GB. Your source disk should show as 3000GB with sector size = 512 which we will be changing to 4096.

On the fifth screen you posted

Program suddenly gone? [​IMG]

If your only partition is shown and you get " Structure OK, blah ...blah....", highlight that partition and press P (Shift+ P ) (Capital P) to list the files. Post a screenshot.

If your files are listed, you can select those and copy to your 2TB Destination disk into the Recovery folder . If that drive letter is say I: then your destination to copy the files will be Directory I: \ Recovery ( Replace I with the actual drive letter of your 2TB Destination drive you noted in the second screen)

How to copy files listed by TestDisk:

Please read my post #28 here https://www.sevenforums.com/hardware...ml#post2395385
    (Note:Screenshot 5 onwards where the files are listed applies here. Ignore the first four screenshots in that post.)

At any point during the recovery process, if you have any doubts, post a screenshot and ask for clarification.

jumanji, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Program suddenly gone?

My lumia 535 gone dead suddenly

My lumia 535 suddenly gone dead before it was running smoothly but now it is not responding at all. It is completely gone dead neither charging nor displaying anything. I did all the steps for reset or restore but did not get any solution. What should
    I do now????

faisal hussain taqvi, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Program suddenly gone?

1. Program suddenly gone? - Similar Threads - Program suddenly gone

2. Programs, Data, Logins,... suddenly gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs, Data, Logins,... suddenly gone: Hi,when I started my Laptop yesterday morning, suddenly many of my installed software would not start any more with some error about missing files. Also all logins from Office suite, Firefox, etc. were gone and when starting certain software there were error messages about...
  3. Programs, Data, Logins,... suddenly gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs, Data, Logins,... suddenly gone: Hi,when I started my Laptop yesterday morning, suddenly many of my installed software would not start any more with some error about missing files. Also all logins from Office suite, Firefox, etc. were gone and when starting certain software there were error messages about...
  4. Bluetooth is suddenly gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is suddenly gone?: My laptop definitely has Bluetooth, I've used it before but after I downgraded from windows 11 to windows 10 suddenly Bluetooth is missing.I can't turn it on in the action window where you turn on things like flight mode, the option is just gone. I went to the Bluetooth and...
  5. Bluetooth is suddenly gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth is suddenly gone?: My laptop definitely has Bluetooth, I've used it before but after I downgraded from windows 11 to windows 10 suddenly Bluetooth is missing.I can't turn it on in the action window where you turn on things like flight mode, the option is just gone. I went to the Bluetooth and...
  6. Bluetooth is suddenly gone?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Suddenly gone incredibly slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Suddenly gone incredibly slow: Win 10 x64 pro Overnight win10 has become impossibly slow (up to 10 seconds to load a program and often longer). No new programs installed, no viruses and sfc /scannow won't run even in safe mode, which was equally slow. Spent 48 hours trying to deal with this without a...
  8. Folder and all files in it suddenly gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder and all files in it suddenly gone: I work on cover art and recently made a folder, in the middle of working on one i went to save my current cover but the folder was gone. Every file and trace is gone and i cant open anything. Anybody know anything about this?...
  9. Non-MS programs gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Non-MS programs gone: I updated my PC. Now all my files have gone. The icons are still on my desktop and start menu, but the icon images are blank. When I double click to open a message saying the path is incorrect. How do I or where is the re-path for my programs?...
  10. Programs Suddenly crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs Suddenly crash: When i open games or app some have delay and some are not responding this happened suddenly can someone help me my game played well yesterday but now everything just stops and not responding. Google chrome responds well so i think its just the games i play the disk usage...