Windows 10: Program tiles darkened

Discus and support Program tiles darkened in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Using dark mode. (If it was on just one machine I'd let it pass) Latest updates Version 1909 Not certain what this is. Programs not used in a while?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thomaseg1, Feb 19, 2020.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

Program tiles darkened

Using dark mode. (If it was on just one machine I'd let it pass)
    Latest updates Version 1909

Not certain what this is.

Programs not used in a while?

Program tiles darkened [​IMG]

:)

thomaseg1, Feb 19, 2020

2. Start Menu darkens when I click "All Apps" and scrolls down

Im also facing this issue.. no solution yet..

but mine darkens as soon as one of the live tiles changes.. and progresses to darkens step by step

AhmedAbdulRehman, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Darkening of startscreen on Windows 10

I have followed the steps which you have given me, but still it didn't solve the problem.

The screenshot below shows darkened text & tiles. The tiles were much brighter and the text were much whiter. this could be a bug

Program tiles darkened 8ee60570-9587-4171-babf-ee9f947b0ec7.png

Abdul Majid 13, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Program tiles darkened

Start Menu tiles darkening

The same is happening to me!! I did not notice it at first as I had been struggling to have windows 10 detect my on board graphics as this was stopping me from installing the latest Nvidia drivers. Once I restarted everything looks fine, but when I open up the start menu and stay there a few seconds, the tiles start to darken en lowering the quality of the icon on each tile. Even the text goes all dark grey making it almost impossible to read.

Please we need some one to shine some light on this issue and if more people are experiencing it, and if someone has found a fix, please share it.

THANKS!

GuitarGuy656, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Program tiles darkened

1. Program tiles darkened - Similar Threads - Program tiles darkened

2. Background Windows Darkening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Windows Darkening: When I snap 2 windows on the desktop left & right side of the screen the active screen is bright, but the non-active screen goes very dark. I can still scroll with my mouse wheel, but it is very dark. When I click on the dark window, it gets bright & the previous window goes...
  3. Background Windows Darkening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Windows Darkening: When I snap 2 windows on the desktop left & right side of the screen the active screen is bright, but the non-active screen goes very dark. I can still scroll with my mouse wheel, but it is very dark. When I click on the dark window, it gets bright & the previous window goes...
  4. Delay on starting programs from tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delay on starting programs from tiles: Steam and Origin are big offenders here, but they're not alone. I click to launch, the start menu stays open and nothing happens. After about a ten second delay, the start menu closes and the program launches. It happens with numerous custom tiles I've created, including...
  5. Laptop darkens?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop darkens?: How can one / can one turn it off under Win10 that the screen automatically darkens slightly without connection to the power supply, thus in battery mode? I hadn't seen it in the shots... THANK YOU Laptop verdunkelt sich?
  6. What do darkened tiles on the start menu mean?

What do darkened tiles on the start menu mean?: In the below image you can see part of my Windows 10 start menu, showing the "Your phone" app tile. As you can see the tile is darkened and there is what looks like some kind of progress bar along the bottom. [ATTACH] What does that indicate about the app? This happens...
  7. Darken type

Darken type: How can I make the type darker, my eyes are bad and the type is too light. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/darken-type/8f16c4ab-5be0-4b70-8893-23c2c778bac1
  8. darken print

darken print: How to darken print on screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/darken-print/9a5e6328-84bf-4dba-866c-f3a50fbb8d82
  9. Program Tile Won't Delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Tile Won't Delete: Today i unistalled a program i no longer wanted to use but to tile remained on the start menu and it won't unpin or delete. Any ideas. 37321
  10. Start Menu tiles darkening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles darkening: This happens when I click "All Apps" in the Start menu followed by scrolling/clicking. The icons also get pixelated and blurry. The issue seemed to be related to Intel HD4600 graphic as the issue did not surface when I disabled it and run solely on discrete GPU on my laptop....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 word start menu icon darkened