Windows 10: Program to capture FLAC streamed Audio ? BBC FLAC streams

Discus and support Program to capture FLAC streamed Audio ? BBC FLAC streams in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there any way to capture these FLAC audio HQ streams from BBC Delivering Radio 3 Concert Sound - BBC RD I'm not a fan of things like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, May 19, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Program to capture FLAC streamed Audio ? BBC FLAC streams

Hi there

any way to capture these FLAC audio HQ streams from BBC

Delivering Radio 3 Concert Sound - BBC RD

I'm not a fan of things like spotify etc -- I prefer my music on my own library - especially if it's the type of music that doesn't appear in those sorts of places.

I've got decent DACs in my sound systems -- it's the software I need.

The BBC FLAC streams are around 550 kbits/sec -- far higher than the quite good 320 kbits/sec streams that you can use on the catch up services. These though are in m4a format -- very good but still not lossless,

I have an application that downloads the 320 kbit/sec streams offline from BBC iPlayer - however the other FLAC streams (550 kbits/sec lossless) will only be live streamed so I need to capture them in Real Time. Shouldn't be a problem with some recorder softwhere --but what. No prob with HDD space -- got it coming out of my "Lugholes". !!

Any ideas ? Thanks.

Mind you no point in capturing this to use with those hideous Bud earphones --you'll need top grade audio equipment - but if you've got it --well worth while.

Current DAB radio is diabolical except for speech / news etc. -- worse than FM !!! we call DAB radio (D)ead (A)nd (B)uried !!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 19, 2017

2. FLAC, Lossless and Streaming in Windows 10?

Very good question Mike, I have the same .

Do you stream FLAC from an online service like TIDAL or stream FLAC from a harddrive/NAS?

Regards

Steamboathans, May 19, 2017
  3. FLAC, Lossless and Streaming in Windows 10?

If I try to stream a FLAC from a windows 10 machine, is it converted to a lossy standard, or does streaming support Lossless compression in their streaming? I am hoping their choice to support FLAC will mean that all of their standards will support Lossless.
    Its probably a dream.

Mike Parisi, May 19, 2017
  4. Irene Win User

Irene, May 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Program to capture FLAC streamed Audio ? BBC FLAC streams - Similar Threads - Program capture FLAC

2. flac formats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flac formats: windows 11 media player supports which flac sample rate and bit depth formats? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flac-formats/b6085b9c-95fe-45c6-8ace-732e4ea9f5ce
  3. flac formats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    flac formats: windows 11 media player supports which flac sample rate and bit depth formats? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flac-formats/b6085b9c-95fe-45c6-8ace-732e4ea9f5ce
  4. Flac metadata

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flac metadata: I have some Flacs that need some metadata edited but win10 can't? Mp3s can be edited just fine but Flacs are a no-go? Edit: It also can't even read the length of the Flac submitted by /u/THEK4I [link] [comments]...
  5. Streaming Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Streaming Audio: Hello. First, details- 1. I have a desktop pc and a monitor as my setup. The monitor doesn’t have speakers so audio can’t be playes directly from them. 2. My headset has a mic of course, and I plugged that into the monitor itself. 3. When I stream to Twitch via...
  6. streaming audio

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    streaming audio: Hello! When I try and stream music from my Win10 Home PC to my Marantz N1509. I can see the folders but not the files, when I open the folders I get "No items to display" It used to work, but never reliably. Cheers,...
  7. No popups for FLAC files

in Windows 10 Support
    No popups for FLAC files: When I hover the mouse cursor over an MP3 file, a little info box pops up. [img] I don't get it for FLAC files. [img] Is there a way to get it? Thanks in advance. 125285
  8. Flac (24bit) to Flac (16 bit) decent converter program

Flac (24bit) to Flac (16 bit) decent converter program: Hi folks I've some music that I want to leave as FLAC but the rubbish phone I've got won't play FLAC @24 bits but will handle FLAC at @16 bits. Any decent programs around to convert to 16 bit. Note I'm using decent headphones so I don't want some mushy mp3 sound played...
  9. New BBC audio streams - squeezebox / similar servers

New BBC audio streams - squeezebox / similar servers: Hi there This now works 100% on W10 on all currently known builds including leaked 10135. People using things like Logitech media server / squeezebox type devices for streaming music / Internet Radio over their devices will have seen that the BBC is dropping WMA format...
  10. Bugs, working with flacs

in Windows 10 Support
    Bugs, working with flacs: I have written a media player in C++, I focussed it to only play mp3(s). But I got a new NAS, I thought I could spare the space for flacs. I don't like music libraries that contain a mix. So I wanted a version that played only flacs. I found the libzplay libraries, which make...