Windows 10: Program to create a save state of current desktop

Discus and support Program to create a save state of current desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A friend of mine likes to use separate desktops for work and play (the ones you can access using win+tab). However, since he doesn't have a great PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pedrito3, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Program to create a save state of current desktop

A friend of mine likes to use separate desktops for work and play (the ones you can access using win+tab).

However, since he doesn't have a great PC, he was having performance issues that probably had something to do with his RAM usage being too high as a result of having several files and chrome tabs running on the background.
    The problem is that he doesn't want to close everything because it will be a bit of pain to set it all up again every time he wants to do a bit of studying. So I was wondering if there's some sort of software solution that will save the state of each of his desktops so that he can easily resume it later.

Ideally it would restore open files and window positions, as well as chrome tabs, however, if restoring the right chrome tabs is not possible, I might just have him use the extension Session Buddy for that.

I've searched for quite a bit and I haven't found such a program (most of the ones I found were just for restoring desktop icons positions), so I was wondering if you guys know of anything that could be of help.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/pedrito3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pedrito3, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Program to create a save state of current desktop

1. Program to create a save state of current desktop - Similar Threads - Program create save

2. The current state of windows...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The current state of windows...: I am going to start this by saying the full purpose of making this post is to shout into the void and air out all my frustrations over the past year dealing with windows 10. I do not intend to offend anyone, I will stay respectful and can only elaborate on my own...
  3. The current state of windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The current state of windows...: I am going to start this by saying the full purpose of making this post is to shout into the void and air out all my frustrations over the past year dealing with windows 10. I do not intend to offend anyone, I will stay respectful and can only elaborate on my own...
  4. The current state of windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Load saved desktop with programs open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Load saved desktop with programs open: Part 1: How can I boot or at least load a custom saved desktop that includes loading certain programs in certain locations on my screen?For example in an older version of windows I had a 'custom launch' so that every time I rebooted a couple of programs would load to my...
  6. One software program can Save or Save-as only to Desktop

One software program can Save or Save-as only to Desktop: I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, OS Build 19043.1052. I've used the graphics manipulation program 'HyperSnap' for years with no problems at all. Recently a new version came out, so I did the update. Suddenly I couldn't save any of the image files created or modified...
  7. Open program in current desktop - Windows 10

Open program in current desktop - Windows 10: Hi everyone,I usually use multiple desktops, each one for different target, and I've noticed an annoying problem. when I want to open program in the current desktop adobe reader for example , if the program is already opened in another desktop, windows sends me to that...
  8. Saving and restoring the running state of a program?

Saving and restoring the running state of a program?: I really like VM snapshots, but VMs have very heavy overhead, being essentially a computer within a computer. Thus, I'm wondering if there's software out there that can provide the same functionality as a VM snapshot without being a VM - something that can save the running...
  9. Cannot save on desktop, or create documents.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot save on desktop, or create documents.: So, recently I started working on my new game. I work with Photoshop and I save all my images on my desktop because it's easier to find the photo. A few days ago, I was doing the same thing, but the message popped up saying: "You are not allowed to finish this process. Please...
  10. saving the current slideshow as a desktop theme

saving the current slideshow as a desktop theme: would like to save current slide show am using on desktop as a theme that can transfer to other computers. Am using windows 10 which is updated regularly, Cannot find the save button and when click on custom themes there is only one image when actually there is a lot more....