Windows 10: Program to Record Sound and Microphone

Discus and support Program to Record Sound and Microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Does anyone know of a program which can be used to record system audio and the microphone simultaneously into an .mp3 file? I need such a program to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vlad4, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Vlad4 Win User

Program to Record Sound and Microphone

Does anyone know of a program which can be used to record system audio and the microphone simultaneously into an .mp3 file? I need such a program to record audio during video calls on various calling applications like Telegram and Skype.Audacity does not have the capability to record into an .mp3 file it uses the very big uncompressed .wav files, and Stereo Mix is not convenient to use and is not supported on all devices.

:)

Vlad4, Jul 10, 2021

2. Sound Recorder isn't Working!

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To guide you In right direction we want to know:

-Are you using voice recorder or any other app to do so?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Please run Recording Run Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the in-built Windows Recording Audio troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Recording Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.

This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows.

I also suggest you to install the latest driver for Mic from the manufacturer’s website.

I also request you to refer the following link:

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 10, 2021
  3. Windows 10 problem - microphone too quiet.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Pleas follow the steps to run Microphone troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in search.
    • Open it and click on view all on left side.
    • Find Recording Audio and run it and check if it helps.
    One more thing I would suggest you to check in program and features if you have any sound or recording application installed by Lenovo.

If yes I suggest either disable it or remove it and check if it helps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, Jul 10, 2021
  4. Program to Record Sound and Microphone

External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

Program to Record Sound and Microphone

1. Program to Record Sound and Microphone - Similar Threads - Program Record Sound

2. Weird characters on windows sound recording program after recording anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird characters on windows sound recording program after recording anything: Hi!I've been seeing that I have these weird characters highlighted in red, in attached image whenever I record something with the sound recorder program. Not sure if this is some feature or a bug/glitch/infected file. I tried running antivirus scan and virustotal.com and it...
  3. Weird characters on windows sound recording program after recording anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird characters on windows sound recording program after recording anything: Hi!I've been seeing that I have these weird characters highlighted in red, in attached image whenever I record something with the sound recorder program. Not sure if this is some feature or a bug/glitch/infected file. I tried running antivirus scan and virustotal.com and it...
  4. Recording tab freezes, microphone causing crashes of programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recording tab freezes, microphone causing crashes of programs: Hello, I have a problem with the microphone. When I am in the game overwatch and try to use the mic the game crashes and I need to ctrl+alt+del an kill it. After this crash the sound device stops working completely and I need to restart the PC. But the restart doesn't want...
  5. Microphone not recording

Microphone not recording: My microphone was not working and I reinstalled windows and audio drivers. When I speak the icon shows movement indicating that sound is being sensed, but nothing records in voice recorder, skype of other program. Troubleshooters have not found a problem....
  6. Microphone just working on Skype Not on whatsapp and Microsoft SOUND RECORDER

Microphone just working on Skype Not on whatsapp and Microsoft SOUND RECORDER: Hi, My mic isn't working on any app except skype. I am using a headset. The voice recording is shaking in any other app or WhatsApp voice messages on the web app. I tried troubleshooting, I tried recording sound through sound recorderwhich is same as whatsapp . I tried...
  7. Microphone will not record

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone will not record: the microphone in my speakers is not working. I have insignia speakers don't know the technical name that play audio just fine. However, when I try to voice record our sons school work & then playback...nothing. I feel like the answer is super simple, like wrong port...
  8. Microphone is recongnised but it is not recording sounds.

Microphone is recongnised but it is not recording sounds.: Similar to if not the exact same as this man's problem, my microphone is not recording/listening to what I say. I've tried to solo trouble shoot on my own for the past 2 hours and have not been able to fix the issue. I've even tried to replace the microphone. The bars on...
  9. voice recorder microphone

voice recorder microphone: voice recorder microphone not working, is asking to add an external microphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recorder-microphone/1ff40f41-7afb-4ea8-a80c-841077ec7860
  10. sound recorder

sound recorder: hello, I am facing a problem regarding my sound recorder. The recorded sound are played without volume. May I plz find the solution for my problem. Thank you with regards manjar...