Windows 10: Program Update for OffLine Scanner

Discus and support Program Update for OffLine Scanner in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good afternoon, we keep getting updates to the Platform for ONLINE Defender and the programs contained in there (such as MpCmdRun.exe as example),... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Paul 1955, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Paul 1955 Win User

Program Update for OffLine Scanner

Good afternoon, we keep getting updates to the Platform for ONLINE Defender and the programs contained in there (such as MpCmdRun.exe as example), however the programs in the Off Line scanner folder remain the same in my case (because I'm on 1809) a year old now...….even MpCmdRun.exe in there is still September 2018, whereas in the latest Platform for ONLINE Defender it is 12th Sept 2019. Even the powershell that runs OFFLINE Defender scan is a year old.

Can we copy over the new programs from the latest Platform (MpCmdRun.exe etc) ? although the powershell will still be out of date ? or does the powershell just start the OFFLINE programs running.

Thanks,

Paul

:)

Paul 1955, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Paul 1955 Win User

Good afternoon, we keep getting updates to the Platform for ONLINE Defender and the programs contained in there (such as MpCmdRun.exe as example), however the programs in the Off Line scanner folder remain the same in my case (because I'm on 1809) a year
    old now...….even MpCmdRun.exe in there is still September 2018, whereas in the latest Platform for ONLINE Defender it is 12th Sept 2019. Even the powershell that runs OFFLINE Defender scan is a year old.

Can we copy over the new programs from the latest Platform (MpCmdRun.exe etc) ? although the powershell will still be out of date ? or does the powershell just start the OFFLINE programs running.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul 1955, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Sep 25, 2019
  4. ARichard Win User

Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

Program Update for OffLine Scanner [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! Program Update for OffLine Scanner :)

ARichard, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Program Update for OffLine Scanner - Similar Threads - Program Update OffLine

2. Windows Offline Scanner says my Drive is BItLocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Offline Scanner says my Drive is BItLocked: I tried to use Microsoft Defender Offline Scan but when the computer restarted it asked me to input a BitLocker Recovery password to access the drive. My Computer isn't Bitlocked and I can still access all my file. Is it a Virus? I ran a regular Full Scan and it didn't detect...
  3. Update Windows offline

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Windows offline: Hi,How i can install the windows 10 update version 20h2 ,i am a partnership company with Microsoft, and i have more than 200 device that not connected to internet, so i cant install the new update through internet, is there any offline installer that i can download to update...
  4. Updating third-party programs from install.wim offline images

Updating third-party programs from install.wim offline images: Hi, I have an unattended install with 7zip, vlc, Java, etc, I am looking for a way to update the install.wim file when they update without having to capture a new image. Any option to be able to update third party programs without having to capture a new image in...
  5. Offline Update

Offline Update: Can I transfer Windows 10 updates/upgrades from one computer to another one that is not connected to the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-update/f66fa608-109b-48b8-9d1f-789192dcc9c8
  6. Offline Update/Upgrade

Offline Update/Upgrade: I have Wiindows 10 on a computer that is almost never connected to the internet. I would like to keep Windows 10 up to date on this computer. Is there any way that I can download all updates on another computer and install it offline on this computer?...
  7. Update while offline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update while offline: Hello. My laptop recently got a windows update that broke my wireless adapter. It would cut off right after connecting, so I shut it off myself and uninstalled as many updates as I could but of course the 1 that broke my adapter would not uninstall. So I left my adapter off...
  8. wifi printer and wifi scanner offline

in Windows 10 Customization
    wifi printer and wifi scanner offline: I keep experiencing the same issue with my hp wifi printer and my brother wifi scanner. The seem to go offline when not used for bit. Is this a common windows 10 issue? How do I set them not to go into some sleep mode?...
  9. Offline update 1809.

Offline update 1809.: How do I apply offline update to W10 1809? Say I have the latest LCU and a new SSU. Hereit says "This quality update should not be used to update Windows 10 version 1809 media offline. See KB 4464619 for more information." It says what not to do, but not what to do. So,...
  10. Updating Offline Computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating Offline Computers: If I have 3 of the same computer systems can I update them from files I get from online computer? Can I just copy the Windows/SoftwareDisribution/download/ folder to the other two? if so do I need to copy anything else. Running on a metered connection makes it hard to keep...