Windows 10: Program used by Autoplay

Discus and support Program used by Autoplay in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want a specific program to run when I connect my camera to my PC. That program is not among the options that can be selected. How do I add it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArtBrown1, Apr 10, 2021.

1. ArtBrown1 Win User

Program used by Autoplay

I want a specific program to run when I connect my camera to my PC. That program is not among the options that can be selected. How do I add it?

:)

ArtBrown1, Apr 10, 2021

2. Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

Program used by Autoplay autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi, I've been trying to sort this out for months but today I've spent literally hours on it and have found the main issue. My Autoplay is not working in that it has a program selected to play DVD's, however that program is no longer on my computer. Autoplay
    can not find another program as Windows Media Player does not show up in the "programs and features" list on the Control Panel. Is there any way to add a program to "programs and feature"? Or is there any other way to get Autoplay to recognise Media Player
    as a program the DVD player can use.

Thanks in advance

-Tom

PikarinePlays, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Program used by Autoplay

autoplay doesn't work after loading windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if you have installed all the pending updates on your device.

Also, check with the sound drivers as well.

I suggest you to check with the setting for AutoPlay and check if it helps.

Even if you have turned on the AutoPlay option, there might be some option chosen Choose AutoPlay defaults. I suggest you to check with those options.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type AutoPlay and click on AutoPlay settings.
    • To enable AutoPlay, move the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices button to On.
    • Next you can choose and set your AutoPlay defaults.
    For Removable drives, the following options are available from the drop-down menu:

• Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time
    • Configure this drive for backup (File History)
    • Configure storage settings (Settings).

For Memory Cards, the options available are:

• Play video files using alternate
      software
    • Play using Windows Media Player
    • Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time.
    Set your options and exit.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Program used by Autoplay

1. Program used by Autoplay - Similar Threads - Program used Autoplay

2. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  3. Autoplay not autoplaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoplay not autoplaying: Recently, my radio station stopped autoplaying. I searched and found How to Enable or Disable Media Autoplay in Microsoft Edge in Windows - Microsoft Community to remember where the setting resides. I checked and the url is still in the Allow section. Why won't it autoplay?...
  4. Autoplay

Autoplay: I want my memory stick to run an autorun file when I put the stick into my computer. I get the 3 standard questions pop up, but none of them allow me to run the autorun file. what do I need to do?...
  5. Autoplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay: I want my memory stick to run an autorun file when I put the stick into my computer. I get the 3 standard questions pop up, but none of them allow me to run the autorun file. what do I need to do?...
  6. autoplay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    autoplay: I have windows 10. is there a bug in windows that autoplay doesn't work anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay/411857e1-5470-47cb-8c15-c008c335437f
  7. Autoplay

Autoplay: At one time I had "Leawo" blue ray software installed in my desktop so I could watch Blu-ray movies on my Blu-ray optical internal CD/DVD drive. Just experimenting. Well anyway after completely uninstalling the Leawo software I've noticed that when I go to control panel and...
  8. autoplay

autoplay: hi I cant get autoplay to work ive been to devises and turned on but it still don't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay/016c373e-e831-4510-9e63-ba32b9d3c8a9
  9. How do I select AutoPlay program?

How do I select AutoPlay program?: Greetings, How do I select a program in AutoPlay? When I go to Settings > Devices > AutoPlay, the Removable drive options are: Take no action Open folder to view files (File Explorer) Ask me every time Configure this drive for backup (File History) Configure storage...
  10. Default autoplay program

in Windows 10 Support
    Default autoplay program: When I insert a DVD into the dvd drive it no longer plays automaticaly.Is there a programme in Windows 10 that can be set as default to play automaticaly.The options for doing this in control panel are now disabled. 101143