Windows 10: Program will not let me export files.

Discus and support Program will not let me export files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Program will not allow me to export files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WayneOwens1, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Program will not let me export files.

Program will not allow me to export files.

:)

WayneOwens1, Sep 3, 2020

2. How to export photos windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps & check if it helps.

If you were using other application apart from file explorer, you may follow the below steps to export to pen drive/flash drive.

• Open the location where the Photos are located using File Explorer.
    • Select the files you want to Export.
    • Right click on the file and select ‘Send to’ from its context menu.
    • Now select the Jump drive from the sub menu.
    • Once the transfer is done, you may open the jump hard disk drive from the File Explorer and check if the file is present there.
    Please get back with the above information to assist you better.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 3, 2020
  3. DCnewbie Win User
    Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Sep 3, 2020
  4. ddelo Win User

Program will not let me export files.

Export All Administrative Events to Excel

To analyze events, from the Windows Event Viewer, there is a simple way to export all Administrative Events to Excel, with PowerShell.

Exporting all Administrative Events to Excel is a simple two Step process, as described here:

Step 1 - Create the Administrative Events View .xml file
    1. Open Eventviewer (%windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc)
    2. Navigate to: Event Viewer (Local) > Custom Views > Administrative Events
    3. In the “Actions” pane select “Filter Current Custom View”.
    4. Select the the XML tab.
    5. Press Ctrl+A to select all the XML code of the Custom View.
    6. Open a notepad, paste the selected code and save the file to your Desktop as AdmEvtView.xml

Step 2 - Create the csv file with the events
    1. Download the ExportEvtCSV.zip file, which contains the script ExportEvtCSV.ps1 and unzip it, on your Desktop.
      It's not a fancy script, just basic PowerShell commands to create a csv file on the Desktop.
    2. In Windows Search, type “ISE” (without the quotes) to open “Windows PowerShell ISE” and Run as administrator
    3. To allow running the script, change the ExecutionPolicy, for this session. To do that, in the Console pane type:
      Code:
    4. In the Windows PowerShell ISE, open and run the script: ExportEvtCSV.ps1
      The script will create a csv file with a name YYYYMMDD.HHMM.csv on the Desktop
    5. When done, open the newly created .csv file, format the columns as needed and optionally save it as .xlsx, if you wish.
    That’s it! You now have all the Administrative Events in Excel for filtering and further analysis. Program will not let me export files. :)

Now to the more technical hard stuff... *Confused

There is a reason for running the script from within PowerShell ISE!

It would be great if everything was also working perfectly, when running the script from an elevated PowerShell too.

We can run it from an elevated PowerShell, which means that you just follow the Step 1, as above but for the Step 2 instead of the ISE you run the script from an elevated PowerShell.

The problem is that it will work only for anybody who has en-US format for the dates. Everyone else, who has another format (i.e. en-GB, fr-FR, el-GR etc.), the dates are not translated properly by Excel (although the script uses the –UseCulture switch) and remain as text in the en-US format.

I'm not sure if this a bug of the "export-csv" cmdlet, but although it runs the way it supposed to from within the ISE, from PowerShell there is a problem with the dates format.
    As I haven’t found a way to overcome this obstacle, any suggestion from the PowerShell gurus of the forum (like my good friend Shawn @Brink, for instance), is welcome.

ddelo, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Program will not let me export files.

1. Program will not let me export files. - Similar Threads - Program let export

2. Windows Defender won't let me install programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender won't let me install programs: Hello!Recently i bought a new computer, running on windows11.As it seems, every time I try to install a program it either deletes it or blocks it from installing, warning me it might have a virus, I've tried installing several different programs and can't still find my way...
  3. Microsoft will not let me leave the insider program?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft will not let me leave the insider program?: Hi,I signed up for the Windows 11 Insider program. However, I then realized that I did this on my primary OS.So, I tried getting off the insider program. I followed instructions Settings>Windows Updates>Insider Program>Leave the Insider Program> It then takes me to this...
  4. Microsoft will not let me leave the insider program?

Microsoft will not let me leave the insider program?: Hi,I signed up for the Windows 11 Insider program. However, I then realized that I did this on my primary OS.So, I tried getting off the insider program. I followed instructions Settings>Windows Updates>Insider Program>Leave the Insider Program> It then takes me to this...
  5. File Explorer wont let me open a file with a different program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer wont let me open a file with a different program: This MC shaders had something I needed to fix, but when i was going to fix it i accidentally chose my browser, and now it wont let me change programs. how do i fix this? [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows 10 won't let me save files in Program Files

Windows 10 won't let me save files in Program Files: The pop-up message says I need to contact the administrator, but I actually am the Administrator for my computer, and I want to save certain files specifically to the Program Files folder....
  7. File explorer not letting me search

File explorer not letting me search: Hey so basically the issue is every time i try to search, ill go to click the search bar, the cursor does change to the the cursor when you go to type, but when i click nothing happens im really stressed out over this please help....
  8. Windows 10 will not let me install any programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not let me install any programs: I can download programs, but cannot install them. It starts to install, then something blocks it. This has happened with common downloads like Quicken. I cannot even install updated iTunes files, or update Quicken. I tried to back up my files, but the Seagate hard drive...
  9. Photos not letting me open project after freezing while trying to export it.

Photos not letting me open project after freezing while trying to export it.: While trying to export a video i made with Windows photos, my screen fell asleep and when i woke it back up the exporting froze. I exited and restarted my computer and now it wont even let me open the project. I am worried about having to completely redo the project I just...
  10. Is there is any program that let me change to multiple permissions

Is there is any program that let me change to multiple permissions: You are about to read some bad English and I am really sorry about it. I am not a native English speaker. Good evening guys, So my question is as the title says Is there is any program that let me change my folder/program or anything else to multiple permissions instead...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powershell wont let me export to c drivr