Windows 10: Program will only maximize to main screen???

Discus and support Program will only maximize to main screen??? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried nearly everything I can think of, or have heard over the years to fix this. I have a program that monitors my security cameras... It will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Access Denied, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Program will only maximize to main screen???

I have tried nearly everything I can think of, or have heard over the years to fix this. I have a program that monitors my security cameras... It will only maximize or go fullscreen on my main monitor. I have a triple monitor setup and want it to do that on either of the side monitors.

Have any of you ever ran across a PITA program that was like this? If so, did you figure out a way to make it maximize to a secondary monitor?

:)

Access Denied, Feb 11, 2019

2. program sits on task bar not maximizing on screen

win 10 program sit on task bar only and not maximizing on screen when you try to open it.

GonzaloMarquez, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Program will only maximize to main screen???

Programs not maximizing fully

When i maximize a program, like chrome, it leaves a bar of pixels at the right side of my screen: https://i.imgur.com/kHk1qhr.png

What is doing this

Anonymous WIN10, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Program will only maximize to main screen???

1. Program will only maximize to main screen??? - Similar Threads - Program maximize main

2. Game only showing the minimize, maximize and close buttons. With the maximize button not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game only showing the minimize, maximize and close buttons. With the maximize button not...: Hi There,I am trying to fix an issue where one of my games in Windows only shows up with the minimize, maximize and close buttons available. The games name is Punishing Gray Raven or in task manager PGR.exe. I uninstalled and installed the game, ran the windows...
  3. Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program: Hi.Not sure if this is linked to a Windows update, but within the last 2 weeks I have started getting a gap between my taskbar and the programs I maximize. This has never been a problem before. See attached picture. Sometimes I can re-start the PC and it is gone but comes...
  4. How to start programs maximized

How to start programs maximized: I have a program that is not starting maximized.There is no setting in it to allow this.According to the creators of the program, there was a way to start programs maximized by pinning them to the Taskbar then changing settings in Properties. When I checked, I found no...
  5. How to start programs maximized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to start programs maximized: I have a program that is not starting maximized.There is no setting in it to allow this.According to the creators of the program, there was a way to start programs maximized by pinning them to the Taskbar then changing settings in Properties. When I checked, I found no...
  6. How to start programs maximized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. White bar at the top of maximized (full screen) programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White bar at the top of maximized (full screen) programs: I'm having an issue when certain programs are maximized (Firefox and Chrome) they cause a bar to appear at the top of them on a second monitor above the one the program is on. This bar appears over any window that's on the second monitor as long as the maximized program is in...
  8. Program is sometimes normal and sometimes maximized only.

Program is sometimes normal and sometimes maximized only.: Hi, I need help. I work with a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 running whatever version of Windows 10 shipped on it. When I run a program - any program - it starts in one of two modes. I will call them Mode 1 and Mode 2. Mode 1 is just like the sort of behavior that I have...
  9. Programs when maximized won't take up the entire screen

Programs when maximized won't take up the entire screen: I believe a setting related to the 'notifications' app in the taskbar for Windows 10 just changed my display set up. Or at least I was trying to dock the notifications window back onto the taskbar when things changed. The problem... when programs are open they do not take up...
  10. Program file wont maximize

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program file wont maximize: I have a Microsoft surface running windows 10. While playing a game full screen, I moved the laptop, and the screen rotated. Now I am stuck with the program unable to maximize. The maximize button is greyed out. I have tried.... Turing off tablet mode right click to...