Windows 10: Program will only maximize to main screen???

Discus and support Program will only maximize to main screen??? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried nearly everything I can think of, or have heard over the years to fix this. I have a program that monitors my security cameras... It will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Access Denied, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Program will only maximize to main screen???

I have tried nearly everything I can think of, or have heard over the years to fix this. I have a program that monitors my security cameras... It will only maximize or go fullscreen on my main monitor. I have a triple monitor setup and want it to do that on either of the side monitors.

Have any of you ever ran across a PITA program that was like this? If so, did you figure out a way to make it maximize to a secondary monitor?

:)

Access Denied, Feb 11, 2019

2. program sits on task bar not maximizing on screen

win 10 program sit on task bar only and not maximizing on screen when you try to open it.

GonzaloMarquez, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Program will only maximize to main screen???

Programs not maximizing fully

When i maximize a program, like chrome, it leaves a bar of pixels at the right side of my screen: https://i.imgur.com/kHk1qhr.png

What is doing this

Anonymous WIN10, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Program will only maximize to main screen???

1. Program will only maximize to main screen??? - Similar Threads - Program maximize main

2. Using two screens, after computer has been to sleep all programs reappear on the main...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using two screens, after computer has been to sleep all programs reappear on the main...: I would like my programs to stay on the screens where I have put them, but instead, after the computer has been to sleep they come back all on the main screen and I have to drag some back to where they ought to be. Also, if a program is full-screen, I can no longer drag it...
  3. Application shows ONLY the minimize,maximize and close buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application shows ONLY the minimize,maximize and close buttons: Hi There, I am trying to fix an issue where one of my applications in Windows only shows up with the minimize,maximize and close buttons available. The application is usually a client with different funcions and buttons available but for some reason there is nothing but the...
  4. windows main screen resizing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows main screen resizing: Hi there yesterday a MS expert fixed my Windows issue on my Dell Inspiron 15 7000. Today when I opened it the Windows 10 screen ( with the icons) will not expand to full screen size - the normal buttons( min. max. close are not in the upper right hand corner. Help!!!!!...
  5. Program opening in a tiny window that is maximized(all options greyed)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program opening in a tiny window that is maximized(all options greyed): Hi All, Coming back to windows from a long Mac exile and trying to set things up on my new computer, I am having an issue with one specific program: Wacom Tablet preferences I downloaded the appropriate driver from the wacom website (it works, this is not a questions about...
  6. The main screen of Skype is available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The main screen of Skype is available: The main screen Skype is offline. You can not open the whole time the page loads. 61252
  7. Touchscreen only works when it's main monitor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchscreen only works when it's main monitor.: I have a two monitor set up, with my main monitor being a 27" screen and a second 22" touchscreen as a secondary monitor. I can only get the touchscreen monitor to pick up touches if I make it my main monitor. As soon as I switch my main monitor back to my 27" monitor...
  8. How to disable only the main keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable only the main keyboard?: Hi to everyone, I have a broken keyboard that writes itself, starts the uppercase without warning etc ...I would like to use the keyboard attached via USB cable which is fine, but the main pc keyboard keeps giving me trouble even if I don't touch it. How can I disable it and...
  9. Maximizing by double clicking shortcuts of programs take long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Maximizing by double clicking shortcuts of programs take long time: Previously if I double clicked the shortcuts of Steam, Origin and Uplay while they were running instantly maximized their windows. Now if I double click them it takes a long time before they are maximized as if the computer is reloading them from scratch. I also have GOG...
  10. Maximized windows don't fit screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Maximized windows don't fit screen.: Screenshot here. Just installed Windows 10 on a new SSD, and all maximized window borders don't reach where they're supposed to. As you can see, the top border makes contact but the left, right, and bottom borders do not. Every window I've tried has done this except...