Windows 10: Program won't open

Discus and support Program won't open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a program that I can't get to open. I tried a whole bunch of different things to solve it and nothing worked, so eventually I reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by quinncollard, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Program won't open

I have a program that I can't get to open. I tried a whole bunch of different things to solve it and nothing worked, so eventually I reinstalled Windows. That fixed it for a couple of weeks, but now it's back to not opening again. It shows up in Task Manager as a process that's running but the actual program isn't there. This isn't something that came installed with Windows 10, it's a program I downloaded from the internet.

:)

quinncollard, Jun 20, 2016
  2. LeonLaude Win User

The program won't open

Hi,

Could you provide a little more information about this issue?

Which game is it you are trying to run? Do you have the same issues with other games?

Are you trying to run the game straight from a shortcut or from a 3rd party program like Steam?

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Jun 20, 2016
  3. Program won't open

I have a program that has run on win 10 for month's, but after the July update, it quit running. The program is Weatherlink by Davis Instruments.
    I tried to open program in compatibility mode for win 7, and I get an error stating, C:\users\Bill\Appdata\Local\Temp\WZSE16.tmp\WearthlinkNOVcPsetup.msi. Verify file exists and you can access it.

I can't find this file on my computer.

Thanks in advance

Bill

BillSwopeXL, Jun 20, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

Program won't open

Hi and welcome.

And what might this program be? "A whole bunch of different things", care to elaborate?

pbcopter, Jun 20, 2016
  5. It's a program called My Photo Index for tagging and sorting photos. It worked fine for years up until five or six weeks ago.

I don't remember specifically what things I tried the first time this happened since it was over a month ago. I just googled and tried things from different forum posts I found online. Since none of them worked I thought it would be easier to ask somewhere myself rather than blindly googling.

quinncollard, Jun 21, 2016
  6. Molyy Win User
    welcome , sorry , your question is so hard. but i will ask my friend whether they can help you

Molyy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Program won't open

1. Program won't open - Similar Threads - Program won't open

2. My Program Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Program Won't Open: I have a Windows 10 laptop, and I'm using a XP-PEN Artist 12 tablet. I used it just maybe a few months ago. Today, I tried to open the program, but it wouldn't work. It said that my computer was not recognizing the device, and that it was unknown. I went into the program for...
  3. My Program Won't Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Program Won't Open: I have a Windows 10 laptop, and I'm using a XP-PEN Artist 12 tablet. I used it just maybe a few months ago. Today, I tried to open the program, but it wouldn't work. It said that my computer was not recognizing the device, and that it was unknown. I went into the program for...
  4. My Program Won't Open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Program won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program won't open: Hello,I have a program that won't open on Windows 10. After I double click to run it, it's process appears in the Task Manager, stays there for some 30 seconds or so and than disappears. The program's window never appears. Here are the details.1. The program is at least six...
  6. Programs and MSconfig won't open

Programs and MSconfig won't open: Hello,Whenever I try to open a programExpressVPN, Notepad, Winrar, and every video game. It opens, and then closes immediately, in task manager it says it gets suspended. I tried to fix the issue by running "sfc /scannow" in cmd prompt but it says it this "Windows Resource...
  7. Various Programs Won't Open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Various Programs Won't Open: This is a problem that has been going on for the past couple months. Many seemingly unrelated programs refuse to open on my computer. They'll open in the background, you can see them in task manager, but the actual app won't open. This has happened with programs from DOOM...
  8. WSOP program won't open.

WSOP program won't open.: I have been playing WSOP poker daily for a few years. Now the program won't load. It opened earlier today, but not now. Just says "loading" then never opens. My internet connection is working for other programs....
  9. Cortana won't open programs

in Cortana
    Cortana won't open programs: I upgraded my Windows 10 to version 2004. After that I open some apps from cortana. And after that I also updated cortana applications. After that I can't open apps from cortana...
  10. Some programs won't open!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some programs won't open!?: So, I just updated my Windows 7 to Windows 10, aaand, some games/programs open normally, and others just won't show up on my screen, i tried updating drivers/Nvidia drivers/Visual C++, turn windows protection off, but nothing. After I installed Visual C++ 2015/2017/2019, one...