Windows 10: ProgramData folder found on second drive.

Discus and support ProgramData folder found on second drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I wonder why there is a ProgramData folder on my second drive, I used to store only Games there. But how can I remove it?I already changed where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HeavyDoger21, Jun 21, 2022.

1. ProgramData folder found on second drive.

Hello, I wonder why there is a ProgramData folder on my second drive, I used to store only Games there. But how can I remove it?I already changed where new content is saved to my Windows drive, so that is not an issue...

:)

HeavyDoger21, Jun 21, 2022
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

ProgramData-filder backup

Hi,

The ProgramData folder is usually located in the C: drive of your device. To locate the ProgramData folder, you can perform the following:

• In File Explorer, click on the View tab.
    • Click on Options.
    • In the Folder Options window, click on the View tab.
    • Under the Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Jun 21, 2022
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    ProgramData folder what is it?

Hi Kurtis,

The ProgramData specifies the path to the program-data folder (normally C:\ProgramData). Unlike the Program Files folder, this folder can be used by applications to store data for standard users, because it does not require elevated permissions.

The path can be on a volume other than the system drive and should not cause performance loss nor cause confusion to Windows , as long as it meets the following requirements:

• It must be on an NTFS volume.
    • It can’t point to a drive that has a different copy of Windows on it.
    • It can’t contain any serviceable components

Regards.

Mark Ole, Jun 21, 2022
  4. ProgramData folder found on second drive.

ProgramData folder

I was unable to find ProgramData folder inside Local C drive......
    So I created a new folder naming ProgramData and when asked to overwrite the existing folder I accidentally selected Yes.....
    Now Windows is booting up properly but login screen is not displayed even after keeping for half an hour......
    I am using Windows 10.

Khan_Sharukh, Jun 21, 2022
Thema:

ProgramData folder found on second drive.

1. ProgramData folder found on second drive. - Similar Threads - ProgramData folder found

2. Found some hidden folders with random letters in ProgramData on C:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found some hidden folders with random letters in ProgramData on C:: I was just checking through my program data for deleting something, and that's when I found 4 hidden folders, each with short, random letters, and they have nothing inside. Are these folders created by malware? Can I delete them?...
  3. Found some hidden folders with random letters in ProgramData on C:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Found some hidden folders with random letters in ProgramData on C:: I was just checking through my program data for deleting something, and that's when I found 4 hidden folders, each with short, random letters, and they have nothing inside. Are these folders created by malware? Can I delete them?...
  4. Found large files in C:\ProgramData

Found large files in C:\ProgramData: Hi,I stumbled upon several large files 2 GB -13 GB in C:\ProgramData on our Domain Controllers 2012R2, 2019.the file names are a mixture of letters only and have no extension.roughly the same time these files were created, I also found .csproj files.Does anyone have an idea...
  5. Old program files and Programdata folders in G drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old program files and Programdata folders in G drive: I finally managed to delete the old windows installation but now i don't know what i should do with these old folders, when i try to delete them i get a prompt that i need to delete them as admin and i don't know if i should do that....
  6. Old program files and Programdata folders in G drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old program files and Programdata folders in G drive: I finally managed to delete the old windows installation but now i don't know what i should do with these old folders, when i try to delete them i get a prompt that i need to delete them as admin and i don't know if i should do that....
  7. ProgramData folder found on second drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ProgramData folder found on second drive.: Hello, I wonder why there is a ProgramData folder on my second drive, I used to store only Games there. But how can I remove it?I already changed where new content is saved to my Windows drive, so that is not an issue......
  8. ProgramData folder found on second drive.

ProgramData folder found on second drive.: Hello, I wonder why there is a ProgramData folder on my second drive, I used to store only Games there. But how can I remove it?I already changed where new content is saved to my Windows drive, so that is not an issue......
  9. Folders in ProgramData: Are this folders safe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folders in ProgramData: Are this folders safe?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kriger369 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jd45d3/folders_in_programdata_are_this_folders_safe/
  10. ProgramData Folder Not Hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    ProgramData Folder Not Hidden: So I have 2 Windows 10 build 1709 machines. One I just noticed that the ProgramData folder is not hidden. I tried to hide it, but it just will not. I checked the settings and properties against my good machine and it all lines up except for not being hidden. Is there a...