Windows 10: Programmatic access of internal GPS in Win10 Surface Pro

Discus and support Programmatic access of internal GPS in Win10 Surface Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We have a number of new Win10 x64 Surface Pro LTE units with internal GPS. Can someone pls point me to information on accessing the GPS device/data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AUser1, Feb 27, 2020.

1. AUser1 Win User

Programmatic access of internal GPS in Win10 Surface Pro

We have a number of new Win10 x64 Surface Pro LTE units with internal GPS. Can someone pls point me to information on accessing the GPS device/data programmatically, i.e. at the application developer's level, not at the user's UI level. I think I have established that the internal GPS is NOT accessed by communication over a virtual Com port, but need a bit of help finding references on how one does access it. TIA

:)

AUser1, Feb 27, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Surface Pro LTE Drivers and Firmware Update Dec. 6

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

See also: Surface Pro with LTE Advanced Drivers and Firmware Initial Release Surface - Windows 10 Forums

Download: Download Surface Pro LTE Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, Feb 27, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    GPS problem: Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140 + WWAN 5810e + Win10

Hi,

Since your Internal GPS on WWAN card is not working, I suggest that you try these troubleshooting steps:

• Update the driver on device manager
    • Uninstall / Reinstall the device driver
    If none of the steps above worked, you have to contact the device manufacturer for further assistance. You can contact them through this

link
    . Kindly note that you have to change the appropriate country located at the bottom right part of the page.

Regards.

AndreePin, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Programmatic access of internal GPS in Win10 Surface Pro

Surface Pro 3 internal webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that on your Surface Pro 3 the internal webcam not working. I will try to help you with this issue.

I suggest you to refer to the reply posted by “mhgeezergeek” from this thread to check if that helps:
    Surface Pro cameras not working

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Programmatic access of internal GPS in Win10 Surface Pro

1. Programmatic access of internal GPS in Win10 Surface Pro - Similar Threads - Programmatic access internal

2. Surface GO LTE and GPS/GLONASS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface GO LTE and GPS/GLONASS: I have a Surface Go LTE model 1825, running Windows 10 Pro, Version 22H2, Build 19045.4291.According to the specifications it has a GPS/GNSS capability. In the privacy settings, access to location services has been enabled. In the device manager, under system, there is a...
  3. Surface Pro 6 has Protected Internal Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 6 has Protected Internal Drive: I received a new Microsoft Pro 6 Tablet. It will not boot from the internal hard drive. I am unable to delete the internal drive contents or load a new operating system due to the drive being protected by BitLocker. I have tried using DISKPART, and various third-party...
  4. Surface Pro 6 has Protected Internal Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 6 has Protected Internal Drive: I received a new Microsoft Pro 6 Tablet. It will not boot from the internal hard drive. I am unable to delete the internal drive contents or load a new operating system due to the drive being protected by BitLocker. I have tried using DISKPART, and various third-party...
  5. How to update Quick Access programmatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to update Quick Access programmatically: Hi, I use Google Drive and every time I restart Windows it auto-populates to File Explorer's Quick Access bar - which is annoying. I have started an inquiry with Google here -Research:Why does Google Drive keep auto-populating ... Google Support ForumsI don't expect Google to...
  6. How to update Quick Access programmatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update Quick Access programmatically: Hi, I use Google Drive and every time I restart Windows it auto-populates to File Explorer's Quick Access bar - which is annoying. I have started an inquiry with Google here -Research:Why does Google Drive keep auto-populating ... Google Support ForumsI don't expect Google to...
  7. How to update Quick Access programmatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. surface Pro 7 win10 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    surface Pro 7 win10 2004: On 10th Sept. 2020 I updated Win10 to 2004. I now note that the position of the on screen keyboard is locked. When you tap into a data entry field the cursor is positioned outside of the keyboard BUT to read anything hidden by the keyboard you must close the kB! Does anyone...
  9. Remote access not allowing access on Surface Pro & Surface Studio

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote access not allowing access on Surface Pro & Surface Studio: Hi. I have a Surface Studio 2 and Surface Pro latest. Both W10 fully updated. I clearly have a Microsoft Account in order to have joined this community, yet remote access will not accept my password for that account, thus not allowing me remote access to my computers. Same...
  10. Is there programmatic access or an API to the VLSC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there programmatic access or an API to the VLSC?: Hello, experts. Is there a way to programmatically request licenses via the Volume Licence Service Center (VLSC)? For example, via PowerShell or an API? If so, link to reference please? If not, is it on the roadmap? Thank you in advance...