Windows 10: Programmatically Modifying Windows 10 Default App Settings

Discus and support Programmatically Modifying Windows 10 Default App Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'd like a way to programmatically modify the default app settings on my workstation. I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1809, OS build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelLee_9000, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Programmatically Modifying Windows 10 Default App Settings

Hi,

I'd like a way to programmatically modify the default app settings on my workstation. I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1809, OS build 1763.1217. My specific problem is that my default web browser keeps reverting back to Internet Explorer whenever I reboot my computer. I have not found a fix for this behavior, so as a work around, I'd like to have a batch script run at startup to set my default browser to Firefox. I have administrator rights on my workstation.

tl;dr: Where are default app settings stored and what is the best way to modify them with a batch script?I already know how to modify default apps in the settings dialog, I want to modify them programmatically.

:)

MichaelLee_9000, Jun 23, 2020

2. Programmatically modifying Lockscreen on Windows 10

Hi Matt,

Due to the complexity of your concern about modifying the lock screen programmatically, we suggest that you post your query on our Microsoft
    Developer Network Forums
    . MSDN Forums focuses more on advanced technical discussions about Microsoft products. It comprises IT professionals and developers that can provide you tips and troubleshooting about this concern.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Darleen Pen, Jun 23, 2020
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Windows 10 forgets default apps

I have noticed like not 5mins ago that Winamp just got kicked out of my default apps list in Windows 10 Pro.
    I installed this installation not max 3 weeks ago with fresh downloaded Windows 10 Pro using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, is there a way to fix this bcs I using sfc /scannow don't do a lot for me and I have run it before on this installation.

Before u ask, I have fully updated my Windows 10 with all non-insider/beta updates.

The only thing I have disabled is the uac prompt that popup when u need admin for applications to run bcs it's simply annoying.

I don't remember having all these problems with Windows 8.1 Pro when i was using that and I am really thinking about going back so I can have "fully control" over Windows again with like disabling all the admin crap bcs I feel like it's messing more up and makes things less useful in Windows 10 with all these small problems I have and I read a lot of ppl having problems with various things time and time again where they needed to reinstall Win10 over and over to get it to work fully.

Any advice on how I can get Windows 10 to just work as a "daily driver" without all these small annoying things? *Frown Programmatically Modifying Windows 10 Default App Settings :(

puma99dk|, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Programmatically Modifying Windows 10 Default App Settings

Cannot set "Calendar" as default app

Hi J.C.Coelho,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 Technical Preview is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check whether you are able to make the Calendar as default.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Default apps from the left pane.
    • Click on Choose default app by protocol at the bottom.
    • Select the Calendar and choose an app.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Programmatically Modifying Windows 10 Default App Settings

1. Programmatically Modifying Windows 10 Default App Settings - Similar Threads - Programmatically Modifying Default

2. Windows Mail app - can default settings be modified?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail app - can default settings be modified?: Microsoft Mail is on laptop running Windows 10To print an email, I:Select print.The Mail Print User Interface comes up. The UI allows me to ModifyPrinterOrientationCopiesPagesDuplex printingPaper sizeMore settings are available to meHit print button - success!Printing Duplex...
  3. Windows Mail app - can default settings be modified?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail app - can default settings be modified?: Microsoft Mail is on laptop running Windows 10To print an email, I:Select print.The Mail Print User Interface comes up. The UI allows me to ModifyPrinterOrientationCopiesPagesDuplex printingPaper sizeMore settings are available to meHit print button - success!Printing Duplex...
  4. Setting a Default App . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting a Default App . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 Pro. The browsers, I have installed are: 1. Internet Explorer 2. Google Chrome 3. Mozilla Firefox 4. Comodo IceDragon Everything, I open. Movies email, etc. Uses, Internet Explorer. I don't even like,...
  5. How to programmatically get date modified on file in my OneDrive apps path?

How to programmatically get date modified on file in my OneDrive apps path?: I am able to see the item using: var onedrive = OneDriveClientExtensions.GetUniversalClientnew[] { "wl.signin", "onedrive.appfolder" }; await onedrive.AuthenticateAsync; var item =...
  6. Default app settings

Default app settings: Hi, Can someone help with the following please? I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC installed on my computer, which has more features than Acrobat Reader. Every time I start the computer I have to choose this programme as default app for pdf files, and every time I shut down the...
  7. Default Apps settings

Default Apps settings: I was able until recently in Win 10 to send documents from within various Apps (Word, Excel, Acrobat, etc) using the "send Mail" feature incorporated in those Apps. Now I cannot do it and I get an error message telling me that they cannot connect to my mail server. I have...
  8. Windows 10 1709 default apps settings

Windows 10 1709 default apps settings: After Chrome or Firefox installation, default ftp, http, https or mailto protocols has changed from standard (IE11 or Outlook 2010) to empty fields with "Choose default" selection. We would like to keep our standard settings for IE11 and Outlook, but after any Chrome...
  9. default app setting

default app setting: Good day ! I am unable to set Google Chrome as a default browser on my PC with windows 10. Is automatically set to Microsoft Edge and all attempts to change it to other type are in. Please help me to resolve this issue. Regards, J.M.Bhuskute...
  10. Setting defaults by app

Setting defaults by app: I need help to understand how do set ALL supported file formats to associated app. In Settings > Default Apps > Defaults by app > APP > Manage I get overlong list of file formats, most of them unassociated. I don't find any method how to select them all and assign them to...