Windows 10: Programme opens and closes at random

Discus and support Programme opens and closes at random in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey everyone. Sometimes, mostly at startup and while I'm playing games, a programme with this icon opens and immediately closes. I apologise for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GabrioXCV, Aug 6, 2020.

1. GabrioXCV Win User

Programme opens and closes at random

Hey everyone. Sometimes, mostly at startup and while I'm playing games, a programme with this icon opens and immediately closes. I apologise for the picture's potato quality, but it's all I could capture. I haven't identified any installed programmes with that icon. I thought it might be a Windows process, but I have no idea how to check. Anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it?

Programme opens and closes at random 62ed75f2-43b1-4f3b-928e-b86bae669cf4?upload=true.jpg

:)

GabrioXCV, Aug 6, 2020

2. "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

Programme opens and closes at random :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Random programmes stop loading

During the course of the day random programmes which have previously loaded fine earlier in the day will stop loading. No particular programme, it varies every time. Makes no difference if loaded from shortcut, under apps or from the toolbar. Only solution
    is to reboot.

JeremyWoolger, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Programme opens and closes at random

random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Programme opens and closes at random

1. Programme opens and closes at random - Similar Threads - Programme opens closes

2. windows close a programme immediately after openning in some computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows close a programme immediately after openning in some computers: Hello,after installation a software in windows 10, it close automatically in some computers after opening! can you advice please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-close-a-programme-immediately-after/8082f3a4-99ab-4da8-b11f-5232d6bd00a2
  3. Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.: For the past couple of months before I installed windows 11 and was on windows 10 a cmd prompt would open, interrupt Fullscreen then close a second later. The name of the cmd prompt was a file directory to something in my AppData folder but checking for the file it doesn't...
  4. Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random CMD prompt opens randomly and closes.: For the past couple of months before I installed windows 11 and was on windows 10 a cmd prompt would open, interrupt Fullscreen then close a second later. The name of the cmd prompt was a file directory to something in my AppData folder but checking for the file it doesn't...
  5. Powershell Randomly Opening and Closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell Randomly Opening and Closing: Recently, Powershell has been randomly opening and instantly closing, which tabs me out of whatever I'm doing and sometimes restarts my browser Chrome. I have tried resetting the browser and disabing Powershell, but it still happens. Powershell isn't in the Control Panel...
  6. Powershell Randomly Opening and Closing

Powershell Randomly Opening and Closing: Recently, Powershell has been randomly opening and instantly closing, which tabs me out of whatever I'm doing and sometimes restarts my browser Chrome. I have tried resetting the browser and disabing Powershell, but it still happens. Powershell isn't in the Control Panel...
  7. Programme closing itself

Programme closing itself: I recently reinstalled Panorama Maker4 on my PC, which I used to use before updating to Windows10. I have a disc to load the software from, that came with a camera. Once installed on the PC, when I click on the shortcut the programme opens up, and I breifly see the normal...
  8. Programme closing itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Programme closing itself: I recently reinstalled Panorama Maker4 on my PC, which I used to use before updating to Windows10. I have a disc to load the software from, that came with a camera. Once installed on the PC, when I click on the shortcut the programme opens up, and I breifly see the normal...
  9. Programmes keep closing down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programmes keep closing down: I have a 21inch Lenovo all in one touch screen desk top Of recent if I open a programme to send or receive dialogue whether it be Twitter , Facebook or even windows community like this one. It then shrinks the operating window to a small size. then software says do you wish...
  10. Reg.exe randomly opening/closing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reg.exe randomly opening/closing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtUx_VZB-JQ Luckily I have a capture card, so I recorded the above video to show exactly what's happening. Reg.exe will open/close 1-2 times very quickly at random. This, as shown, disrupts anything I am doing. Whether it's games, video...