Windows 10: Programmes keep closing when computer in sleep mode. Acer Spin 5

Discus and support Programmes keep closing when computer in sleep mode. Acer Spin 5 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It doesn't happen every time but enough to be a big problem. I have to try and remember what things I was working on and restore files. Cannot see any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RonanWatts, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Programmes keep closing when computer in sleep mode. Acer Spin 5

It doesn't happen every time but enough to be a big problem. I have to try and remember what things I was working on and restore files. Cannot see any pattern as to when it happens.

:)

RonanWatts, Oct 10, 2021

2. Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 10, 2021
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 10, 2021
  4. Programmes keep closing when computer in sleep mode. Acer Spin 5

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 10, 2021
Thema:

Programmes keep closing when computer in sleep mode. Acer Spin 5

1. Programmes keep closing when computer in sleep mode. Acer Spin 5 - Similar Threads - Programmes keep closing

2. apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps close when laptop goes on sleep mode: Hi,I have been experiencing an issue with the sleep mode since the windows last update; the issue is some apps like drawboard PDF and media player close automatically when the laptop goes on the sleep mode.I have tried troubleshooting the power but with no success.Is there...
  3. Apps close in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps close in sleep mode?: Why do all of my apps close every time my laptop goes to sleep? Microsoft is not always auto recovering either so I often lose what I'm working on when I walk away from the laptop. Using an ASUS ZenBook....
  4. Apps close in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps close in sleep mode?: Why do all of my apps close every time my laptop goes to sleep? Microsoft is not always auto recovering either so I often lose what I'm working on when I walk away from the laptop. Using an ASUS ZenBook....
  5. Apps close in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Programmes keep closing when computer in sleep mode. Acer Spin 5

Programmes keep closing when computer in sleep mode. Acer Spin 5: It doesn't happen every time but enough to be a big problem. I have to try and remember what things I was working on and restore files. Cannot see any pattern as to when it happens....
  7. Programmes keep closing when computer in sleep mode. Acer Spin 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programmes keep closing when computer in sleep mode. Acer Spin 5: It doesn't happen every time but enough to be a big problem. I have to try and remember what things I was working on and restore files. Cannot see any pattern as to when it happens....
  8. My Acer Aspire 5 crashes after I put it in sleep mode

My Acer Aspire 5 crashes after I put it in sleep mode: I've had an Acer Aspire 5 for about six months now and within the past month, it began to power off or crash after I would put it to sleep at night. I suspect it's crashing because no programs are open when I push the power button to bring it back to life, and Word and Excel...
  9. Programmes keep closing down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programmes keep closing down: I have a 21inch Lenovo all in one touch screen desk top Of recent if I open a programme to send or receive dialogue whether it be Twitter , Facebook or even windows community like this one. It then shrinks the operating window to a small size. then software says do you wish...
  10. acer laptop freezes and closes programme

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    acer laptop freezes and closes programme: hi, i have a acer swift sf113 laptop and it keeps freezing and closing my programmes . it only ever happens when i go into file explorer, if i right click anything it will close the file, if i try to click on 'this pc' it will close or if i try to open or extract a zip...