Windows 10: programmes stop working on Windows 10

Discus and support programmes stop working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an issue with two programs installed on my PC. I was able to install them and they ran perfectly well but suddenly they stopped working and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bartek Stefanski, Jul 31, 2018.

1. programmes stop working on Windows 10

I have an issue with two programs installed on my PC. I was able to install them and they ran perfectly well but suddenly they stopped working and I couldn't do anything with it. If I try reinstalling them, they also don’t work. They are Coreldraw 8 and THQ's Dawn of War and I use Windows 10 (Home, 64-bit). Coreldraw is with compatibility settings and Dawn of War without them. When I first faced this issue I reinstalled the programme, ran the troubleshooter and was notified that it is an incompatible program. I tried compatibility settings but in vain.

I see here a bigger problem, what if all the programs that I am running now on my computer will simply stop working with some future updates to Window 10?

:)

Bartek Stefanski, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 31, 2018
  4. programmes stop working on Windows 10

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

programmes stop working on Windows 10

1. programmes stop working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - programmes stop working

2. Keybord not working on OS programmes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keybord not working on OS programmes: Hi Guys. I am in the process to start work on a new laptop. When I tried to sign in on onedrive my keybord is not typing, also did it when I tried to type the wifi password. Not even the search will work. In word it work fine. so I though it might be updates, so I runed all...
  3. Keybord not working on OS programmes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keybord not working on OS programmes: Hi Guys. I am in the process to start work on a new laptop. When I tried to sign in on onedrive my keybord is not typing, also did it when I tried to type the wifi password. Not even the search will work. In word it work fine. so I though it might be updates, so I runed all...
  4. Keybord not working on OS programmes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Delay on Programm launch Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delay on Programm launch Windows 10: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on a new 1TB samsung NVME SSD. Problem is just that now, everytime I try to open a new app like VScode, Steam, Discord, Chrome etc. Both on C System drive and other drives it has a 30 second delay until it starts working. On my old drive apps...
  6. Cubase5 programme incompatibility in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cubase5 programme incompatibility in windows 10: Hello sir, I have window 10 and have installed cubase5 in it. It was working properly, but after two weak it is showing incompatible. How can i solve this issue?...
  7. programmes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    programmes: can anyone help ive two programmes that ive downloaded by accident but cannot uninstall them any help would be nice thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programmes/1da2c67f-b698-42f6-9cf4-8dec52ea5a20"
  8. Windows 10 default programmes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 default programmes: Sorry Rob your answer to this question last January does not work for me. Quite simply Windows 10 does not recognise that it has Adobe Photoshop 6 in its system. Defaults will see photoshop Express but I want the full programme to open all my image files. Can you help with...
  9. Removal of Infineon TPM Professional programme that is stopping the current Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removal of Infineon TPM Professional programme that is stopping the current Windows 10...: On trying to install the current windows 10 Feature 1809 Upgrade the process was stopped until I manually uninstall Infineon TPM Professional on checking my installed programmes it was not visible, I checked the registry and it was not indicated there either, so how can it...
  10. Windows 10 and Corel bundled programmes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 and Corel bundled programmes: Good afternoon. My Windows 10 Pro was originally updated from XP and I have religiously updated the software each and every time an update was announced. I have used Paint Shop Pro (PSP) for many years, again, updating it with each new release. Four months ago, I...