Windows 10: Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator"

Discus and support Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello as the title says random things have an administrator icon shield thing and when I open it, it says Do you want to allow this program, etc normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ZeroTwo_592, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator"

Hello as the title says random things have an administrator icon shield thing and when I open it, it says Do you want to allow this program, etc normal run as administrator stuff and when I go in properties then compatibility I don't have checked "Run this program as an administrator" I checked everything in properties. this happens to all programs like I made a program then opened it and it requires an administrator next time I open it ;-; it acts like I have checked "Run this program as an administrator" normally but in reality, I don't.

:)

ZeroTwo_592, Mar 23, 2021
  2. Zone Win User

Unassociated file associations only running programs as administrator

My issue revolves around encountering read/wright permissions with programs Java-based programs. I currently have installed jdk-8u65-windows-x64 on Windows 10 64-bit. Java is installed on C drive within program files. by Java-based programs reside outside the program folders on the C drive. Running the Java-based programs as administrator should solve the issue of read/wright permissions.

Only when I run as administrator the Java-based programs do I encounter the error depicted the below.
    Running the program with unelevated privileges everything works as expected except for the read/write errors. Elevating the program to administrator causes it to complain about not having the correct file associations performed the selected action.

Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator" [​IMG]

Progress thus far...
    • The file associations are set correctly. I've check within Windows settings and the registry.
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled Java
    • Disabled UAC *required a reboot

I'm at a loss to how to troubleshoot this as I've checked all the points of failure that I can think of so far.

3. Cannot run a program from an Administrator account

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Have you tried with other programs?
    • Is this issue confined only with particular app\program?
    I suggest you to check with other apps\programs and let us know with the result.

Also enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes

Note: Disable the account by running the following command after troubleshooting the issue:

net user administrator /active:no

Once you have enabled the account, you will see it listed in the user accounts control panel applet. Note that the account has not assigned a password to it, and that you should consider setting one to improve account security.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Joe9090 Win User

Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator"

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator"

1. Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator" - Similar Threads - Programs always run

2. Can't run programs as an administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run programs as an administrator: Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other programs, I managed to figure out the fix would be to run the sfc. And that's when another problem emerged, I try to run...
  3. Can't run programs as an administrator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't run programs as an administrator: Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other programs, I managed to figure out the fix would be to run the sfc. And that's when another problem emerged, I try to run...
  4. cannot install a program without "run as administrator"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot install a program without "run as administrator": Hello A while ago, I did format my laptop But I ran into a strange problem Namely, I cannot install a program without run as administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-a-program-without-run-as/c6508078-fe17-4ebb-a0ae-f26d5b8e02fa
  5. Unable to run Programs as Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to run Programs as Administrator: I have recently noticed that, although I am shown as Administrator in my Profile and "netplwiz" confirms this, I am unable to run Programs as Administrator. They all open and run OK on double click. Anyone know what might be causing this? Cheers. Ken...
  6. Allow program to run without administrator privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow program to run without administrator privileges: I have a program that I want a user in my "users" group to be able to run, but I don't want to put the user in the "Administrators" group. The program currently requires elevation to run. Can I remove this? I have given the "users" group full control of the folder that the...
  7. Starting a program without running it as administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Starting a program without running it as administrator: I just installed Photoshop CS6 and whenever I want to open it, it requires administration and I have to click "yes". Is there a way to stop this? The program seems like it's set to always run as administrator since there's a shield icon on it. But the option in the properties...
  8. How do I always run a program as an administrator without a prompt?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I always run a program as an administrator without a prompt?: I have a program that needs to be run as an administrator to work. Whenever I run it I get the prompt: "Do you want this app from an unknown publisher to be able to make changes to your device?" I use this program regularly and I completely trust it. As I run it often it is...
  9. Issue with running programs as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with running programs as administrator: Hi there. Couple days ago I formatted my SSD drive and reinstalled Windows 10 on it. Since that moment I have issues with account I use(lets call it ABC) even though I granted admin permission on every layer is known to me. I can't run some .exe files like CITRIX Workspace...
  10. Run User Program As Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run User Program As Administrator: I want to create a small program (bat, exe, PowerShell, whatever) to delete all Event logs. I want to put this on the C drive (not a shortcut on the desktop), double-click it, and it runs. I don't want to have to right-click and choose Run as administrator. Approving the UAC...