Windows 10: programs always running

Discus and support programs always running in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have windows 10 and a lot of programs run that I don't want running. I turn them off in task manager, but they won't stay off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DannyConway, Sep 27, 2020.

1. programs always running

I have windows 10 and a lot of programs run that I don't want running. I turn them off in task manager, but they won't stay off.

:)

DannyConway, Sep 27, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Joe9090 Win User
    Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Sep 27, 2020
  4. programs always running

0x80070057 when trying to run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter in Windows 10

Hi Paul,

For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to get additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are the programs already installed on your computer?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    If you're still trying to install the programs, we suggest changing the compatibility mode of the installers before installing the programs. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click AOL Desktop installer or Facebook Gameroom.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    • Click the drop-down option and select any Windows previous version.
    • Check Run this program as an administrator.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Try to install the program using the installer.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

programs always running

1. programs always running - Similar Threads - programs always running

2. How do I stop a program that always tries to run as administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop a program that always tries to run as administrator?: I am trying to run a program, but it won't run if done as administrator. The box under properties is not checked, however, the program still tries to run as admin every time I attempt to open it. I've never had this issue before, how do I stop this from attempting to run as...
  3. How do I stop a program that always tries to run as administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop a program that always tries to run as administrator?: I am trying to run a program, but it won't run if done as administrator. The box under properties is not checked, however, the program still tries to run as admin every time I attempt to open it. I've never had this issue before, how do I stop this from attempting to run as...
  4. How do I stop a program that always tries to run as administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator": Hello as the title says random things have an administrator icon shield thing and when I open it, it says Do you want to allow this program, etc normal run as administrator stuff and when I go in properties then compatibility I don't have checked "Run this program as an...
  6. How to get a program to ALWAYS run as different user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get a program to ALWAYS run as different user: I need to run a program as another user every time I use it and it’s annoying to right click and sign in. I want it to automatically save the login of the different user and launch without me having to login. I looked it up and tried the solutions but I’m having trouble. When...
  7. Aspnet_compileter.exe always running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Aspnet_compileter.exe always running: Why when i am playing games, the windows>net>framework>aspnet_compliter.exe always run and stop, run and stop, run and stop it makes me crazy. When start running, it open cmd and automaticly alt+tab my games, pleaseee helpp : I have net framework v4.8...
  8. How to always run a default program in Administrator mode

How to always run a default program in Administrator mode: I've set a particular program to be the default for a given extension, so that when I double-click a file with that extension it is automatically opened with the program. In addition, though, I'd like that program to always run in Administrator mode. Is there a way of doing...
  9. program not running

program not running: I have installed a program from eleksmaker (laser engraver) this program works well on my old computer but I've a second computer with win10 home on it but this program will not run on the new computer even after several download attempts. I have tried for over two days to...
  10. How do I always run a program as an administrator without a prompt?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I always run a program as an administrator without a prompt?: I have a program that needs to be run as an administrator to work. Whenever I run it I get the prompt: "Do you want this app from an unknown publisher to be able to make changes to your device?" I use this program regularly and I completely trust it. As I run it often it is...