Windows 10: Programs and apps can't access microphone or camera

Discus and support Programs and apps can't access microphone or camera in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a Legion 5 15IMH05H laptop.As in the title, programs and apps such as the built-in Windows 10 Camera, built-in Windows 10 Voice Recorder,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Davff16d, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Davff16d Win User

Programs and apps can't access microphone or camera

I am using a Legion 5 15IMH05H laptop.As in the title, programs and apps such as the built-in Windows 10 Camera, built-in Windows 10 Voice Recorder, Discord, and Google Chrome won't give any output or receive any input?. These programs show that they are using the camera and/or microphone, but they receive no visual or sound. I have tried this with the internal camera, the internal microphone, and an external microphoneIn Window 10's Settings, the microphone testing shows that I am getting input as when I speak or make sound, it increases the blue bar to show that the microphone is picking u

:)

Davff16d, Jul 4, 2021
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Jul 4, 2021
  3. specific app access to camera and microphone

Hello, I am trying to allow access to my camera and microphone to my school's testing website. I have already clicked "On" under allow apps access. However, I do not see this particular app listed. How do I know if this app has access?

LarrieshaHouston, Jul 4, 2021
  4. AndreTen Win User

Skype for Business' access to camera

Scroll down. Those are only Store apps listed. Other apps are listed below. First you turn access on, and then you have the list off other apps

Here is mine

Programs and apps can't access microphone or camera [​IMG]

Edit: and maybe some other program is using your camera at the time... only one can use it (at the time)

AndreTen, Jul 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Programs and apps can't access microphone or camera - Similar Threads - Programs apps can't

2. camera and microphone access to messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera and microphone access to messenger: how do i allow for camera and microphone access to messenger in order to make video calls from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone-access-to-messenger/380e6996-7670-4ced-a623-b6ccb9996927
  3. camera and microphone access to messenger

in Windows 10 Customization
    camera and microphone access to messenger: how do i allow for camera and microphone access to messenger in order to make video calls from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone-access-to-messenger/380e6996-7670-4ced-a623-b6ccb9996927
  4. camera and microphone access to messenger

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. camera and microphone access

in Windows 10 Customization
    camera and microphone access: hi, i am having trouble in making video calls in facebook messenger using chrome and the app itself in my laptop windows 10 i have already checked my settings and everything related to chrome and messenger app. i have seen that the cam and mic settings were on already. in...
  6. Can't access camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't access camera: I am on Windows 10. error code says: OxC00D3704 and OxA00F4243 another app is accessing the camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-camera/9613411d-bc61-4944-9928-3e32e1faa52f
  7. specific app access to camera and microphone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    specific app access to camera and microphone: Hello, I am trying to allow access to my camera and microphone to my school's testing website. I have already clicked "On" under allow apps access. However, I do not see this particular app listed. How do I know if tis app has access?...
  8. camera/microphone access for teleconferencing

camera/microphone access for teleconferencing: How can I do teleconferencing? I can see & hear the others on their chosen website but they cant hear or see me. The free apps I looked into seem to deal with a camera that takes pictures, which doesn't interest me. Can you help??...
  9. Camera and microphone inaccessible to different programs

Camera and microphone inaccessible to different programs: Hello everyone, I need help with my camera and microphone. When I use the Camera app from the Microsoft Store it is absolutely functional. But when I need to take photos or record videos with other programs (in one particular case, I'm video calling on Facebook on Google...
  10. Can't access camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't access camera: When I open my camera it says that it can't access it tells me to see if an antivirus has got into it but I don't know how to see if anything has blocked it please help me get my camera back...